IGNORED

Jaguar D-Pad Upgrade, 7800/2600 joysticks

Bratwurst

Send me a private message to specify whatever you might be interested in along with your zipcode or country if you are outside of the USA so I can quote you a total with shipping.

LAST CHANCE: Atari 7800 joysticks also compatible with the 2600 & 2600+, $65,

I have enough materials left to do five of these 7800 joysticks with no plans to do any more. If you want one (or two,) send me a PM stating whether you want right handed or left handed configuration and your zipcode so I can give you a total quote with shipping.

fEkZnoE.jpg

7800 joysticks I assemble on demand. The stick and buttons are clicky and have a good tactile feel for Chinese clone hardware, these sticks will also work on the 2600. The button layout is such that I can lay my fingers over them like a traditional arcade control panel or use my thumb hugging the side like a gamepad. Rubber feet make it sturdy against a desktop or you can hold it in your lap. Specify if you want left or right hand configuration. You can read more about these in this thread: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/317141-interest-check-for-a-run-of-7800-joysticks/

Atari Jaguar D-Pad upgrade for 3-button and 6-button controllers, $8 for thin type, $9 for thick type:

qE1xsDJ.jpg

IPbXefg.jpg

S7hcFmh.png

NRMBu8W.png

These pieces replace the OEM D-Pad in Atari Jaguar controllers, new d-pad or thumbstick available in either red or black. For all 6-button (and most 3-button) controllers you want the thin style pieces but the 3-buttons sometimes require the thick style. See images above. These dramatically improve play control and make inputting directions comfortable and easier. This isn't hyperbole, see this thread for more details and user feedback: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/320157-revising-the-jaguar-controller-d-pad/

Edited by Bratwurst
  • Like 11

5 hours ago, eddhell said:

Do these work like ProLine sticks?  Both buttons are fire in 2600 mode?  this doesn't affect my appreciation for any controller better than the Pain-Line...

The casing shell looks very nice and match well with the 7800, were these custom ordered?  

Correct, they're wired just like ProLines and work as expected in 2600 mode. They originally came in beige but in order to get them in black I had to order a substantial number, so they are kind of exclusive. ;)

4 hours ago, schnuth said:

These look pretty sweet, nice work! What are the dimensions of the stick?

The enclosures are about 7.75" wide, 5.75" deep, with a height of 3" sloping down to 1.75" at the lowest point. The plastic is pretty thick which makes these very durable cases, really intended for industrial applications.

oh yeah, how long is the cable?  over 6 feet at least?  can you add length or are they pre-made?

go ahead an mark me down for one - if it works on 2600 should work with Amiga, C-64 and A800 computers as well (I would have killed for this back in the day)

Edited by eddhell

Maybe I can finally figure out Desert Falcon - thought the damn cartridge was messed up for years until I read a copy of the manual and realized each button on 7800 could have separate functions...and then it was impossible to use second side button effectively due to the Pain-Line controller...(although only seems a few utilize this feature)

Edited by eddhell

11 minutes ago, eddhell said:

oh yeah, how long is the cable?  over 6 feet at least?  can you add length or are they pre-made?

The cables are sourced from Hong Kong and they're all made in that "1.8 meter" length which comes to 5.9 feet. I'd have preferred them to be longer too of course but when you start talking about custom orders they have to be done in very large quantities. Fortunately, 9-pin extenders are cheap and plentiful as an alternative.

• 3 weeks later...

Bratwurst has now made me two of these.  This joystick will totally change your 7800 experience.  I had him make me ones with the buttons on the left as that seems the most natural to me.  Great service and an all around great experience!

• Like 2

I purchased one from his first run. Awesome controller.  They are worth every penny and quite a bargain. 

@Bratwurst It would be cool to post units sold to date in your first post.

P.S. I love all the support and new products that the community of Atariage have been giving this great console. 

Edited by Oldschool80skid
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 12:06 PM, Bratwurst said:

At the moment I just have one available, pre-built, but I have more wood veneer coming in a week or so and would be able to make you two. You want the sticks on the left hand side or right hand side?

Both on the right side, please. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...