Sign in to follow this  
Lord Mushroom

Commodore 64 games owned by Atari SA

You guys may find this interesting. Atari SA owns the rights to Wizball, which from what I understand, is one of the best games for the c64. In addition to c64 games released by Atari companies, they also have the rights to Hunchback and Match Day.

Ocean Software merged with Infogrames in 1996, and was dissolved as a label in 1998. Apparently Bandai Namco Entertainment UK Limited acquired Infogrames Multimedia SA in 2009, so I'm not sure that the rights are held by Atari SA. The same goes about a number of other rights/titles that at first was traced to Atari SA but as it has shown, have been sold off to others in the past 5-10 years. Probably Fred & c:o need quick money more than intellectual properties.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, carlsson said:

Ocean Software merged with Infogrames in 1996, and was dissolved as a label in 1998. Apparently Bandai Namco Entertainment UK Limited acquired Infogrames Multimedia SA in 2009, so I'm not sure that the rights are held by Atari SA. The same goes about a number of other rights/titles that at first was traced to Atari SA but as it has shown, have been sold off to others in the past 5-10 years. Probably Fred & c:o need quick money more than intellectual properties.

According to Atari SA´s Wikipedia page they have the rights to it (see Game franchises owned by Atari, SA):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_SA#Game_franchises_owned_by_Atari,_SA

Of course Wikipedia pages can be wrong. But I think Alone in the Dark and Test Drive used to be on that list, and now that they have been sold, they are no longer there. So the list seems to be well updated.