IGNORED

Odyssey 2 with jumbled garbage on screen

I just purchased this odyssey 2 with one game.  After giving it a once over I hooked it up and get this on the screen. 20210416_160604.thumb.jpg.db23fac0afdc1a5918a74333af7d06a4.jpg

What I've done so far: 

- thoroughly cleaned the cartridge port and the game contacts

- removed, cleaned and re-seated the socketed chips and sockets

- looked over the board for cold solder joints,  none that I can see

- tested the PS. It's outputting 12.6v

Interestingly,  I get this onscreen with our without a cartridge inserted. 

Any ideas on what to look at next? 

40 minutes ago, atari2600land said:

If you get that on screen with a cartridge, perhaps it's not recognizing there's a cartridge. that screen is normal for not having a cartridge in it.

Well that's good to know.  Maybe it just doesn't like this cart. I did slightly bend the pins outward to make sure they are making contact,  with no change. I also noticed the garbage on screen will occasionally change when I turn the console off and on, shown below, or I will get a black screen. 

16186083516414804614623278348655.jpg

16186084444543158048870851311832.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi. Do you found the problem. Yesterday I faced same problem in my guaranteed worked early O2. I checked cartridge in the my second O2 and it works fine. I powered first O2 from LAB power source but forgot to increase current. (Used it for charging battery and set limit to 0.35A). It power down voltage from 9v to 5.5. I swithed off the console, increased current limit and switch on again. Console shown garbage on the screen. With cart and without. Does low voltage can damage console?

On 8/23/2021 at 8:53 AM, alk0v said:

Hi. Do you found the problem. Yesterday I faced same problem in my guaranteed worked early O2. I checked cartridge in the my second O2 and it works fine. I powered first O2 from LAB power source but forgot to increase current. (Used it for charging battery and set limit to 0.35A). It power down voltage from 9v to 5.5. I swithed off the console, increased current limit and switch on again. Console shown garbage on the screen. With cart and without. Does low voltage can damage console?

No,  I never did get around to working on this, unfortunately.