IGNORED

Ultimate 1MB Xilinx Chip goes too hot, hang

enito

Hi,

Im trying to install a old one Ultimate 1mB board, the first batch brown one. I installed resistor and stuff in cables, works... updated jed v3, and firmware. But something strange happened, the xilinx backside chip goes too HOT and hang. I tryed other ultimate board i have and works fine. What can be in short in the ultimate board for make it too hot chip? thx for any advice, regards!

10 hours ago, enito said:

Hi,

Im trying to install a old one Ultimate 1mB board, the first batch brown one. I installed resistor and stuff in cables, works... updated jed v3, and firmware. But something strange happened, the xilinx backside chip goes too HOT and hang. I tryed other ultimate board i have and works fine. What can be in short in the ultimate board for make it too hot chip? thx for any advice, regards!

Last tome I checked (just for having a reference un the future):

5EA0FDE8-838E-409F-9591-0AFA1F2845BD.thumb.jpeg.b7f83158d0eebb5f9fb3d18e16d71751.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi thx for reply I can check but I tried with another board of ultimate working same style and not going hot. If I swap the faulty to another atari , with another working cable of ultimate with resistor and same effect going hot . Regards

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, enito said:

Inspecting the board compared to working one I have I discovered a missing component . If you see in photo C8 is missing , now the question what's the value and if really necessary this one ? Thxe89847d81b32a7bd78e929f47388e74a.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

I have this very same board (with a failing RTC clock memory/battery), out of service. I will check for the presence / value of C8 (it does not necessarily mean it was always there, mind you...) 

Edited by Faicuai

6 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

I have this very same board (with a failing RTC clock memory/battery), out of service. I will check for the presence / value of C8 (it does not necessarily mean it was always there, mind you...) 

Thx , i can try measure for a working one i have. About RTC clock i have some trouble with no save changes when i power off, take care of leg possitive going to upward of battery this one was my trouble about this problem, regards!

• 3 months later...

Hi again, the hot chip continue but is controlable in temperature but now i discovered another weird trouble. When i insert a cart in my 130xe never boot in them, i disabled pbi in ultimate. I tryed with another ultimate board and boot works. Apprently this trouble is affecting this, not sure if this can be fixeable the board i mean. Any tip for check? thx again for your time!

Hi Candle master, yeah is working but with a bit hot chip. i have the old one ultimate like first batch, yeah works but partially without cart works. Replace the chip you mean the big one? can be expensive? or hard work to remove :( anyways..thx for your reply and regards!!!