IGNORED

Live streming of an Atari 800xl on Facebook

rcamp48

This was a live streaming of an Atari 800 XL on Facebook, its not live anymore but has been recorded for posterity, all games were played by myself , music was played  back, out of 75 new users group disks I loaded some 25 of them in a little over an hour. I am not sure but I think this is a first, to actually have an Atari 800 XL streaming granted it was done with a PC, but its still live.

I will be getting an SIO2SD device any day now and will archive all 75 disks that I have and as well as that I will find some interesting ATRs to demo in the next few weeks, one of them will be that 8 bit version of Atari Protection Techniques, and many other good utilities and games, most of them will be obscure enough to make the live video interesting. In the link to the live video, I explain how I set it all up. Russ

Live video of an 800 XL that was broadcast on Facebook. No kidding, this is an actual live video done from an Atari 800 XL.

• Thanks 1

Funny and weird. Looks like you randomly grabbed the user disks and played some programs on them - and here and there did not know what to do.

The funny part was e.g. when you loaded a german program (Roulette by Wolfgang Burger, the former Abbuc boss) and the program asked you in german language for the amount of money you want to spend and you typed in your name instead and therefore received an Error message. The same happens to me, when I run A8 programs in foreign languages that I do not understand (italian, spanish, portuguese, polish, czech, slovak, hungarian, russian, etc.)...

There are also many strange/weird parts in the video, e.g. your Atari Basic screen appears in green colour (and some programs also show false or weird colours), several programs appear to run in slow motion and it looks like you changed the 12-sector Autorun.SYS ML-menu by Craig Chamberlain (?), which was often used in the Bellcom PD-library into your own KWEST version (removing not only the title of the menu and replacing it with KWEST, but also removing/not showing several of its functions anymore). 

I did not have the motivation to watch the complete video, instead I only jumped to several parts of it (mostly the beginning of a new program) and I doubt I will ever watch this video in full length.

It reminds me a bit of the early 2000s, when I bought a DVD recorder for my tv and also connected my A8 to it and then recorded several A8 programs onto DVD. Allthough I recorded one-hundred A8 programs onto DVD, there were no titles or subtitles, there were no intermissions or transitions from one program to the other and most of all, there was no music for the whole video and so the end result simply looked boring and weird and in the end, I deleted the video some weeks or months later. (There are still a few A8 videos from me available at youtube, mostly recordings of TIP Animator demos, without any sound and extremely simple and amateurish, but most of them are less than 1 minute in length.)

10 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

The funny part was e.g. when you loaded a german program (Roulette by Wolfgang Burger, the former Abbuc boss) and the program asked you in german language for the amount of money you want to spend and you typed in your name instead and therefore received an Error message. The same happens to me, when I run A8 programs in foreign languages that I do not understand (italian, spanish, portuguese, polish, czech, slovak, hungarian, russian, etc.)...

I suppose that's an object lesson in why error trapping matters...

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 6:31 AM, CharlieChaplin said:

Funny and weird. Looks like you randomly grabbed the user disks and played some programs on them - and here and there did not know what to do.

There are also many strange/weird parts in the video, e.g. your Atari Basic screen appears in green colour (and some programs also show false or weird colours), several programs appear to run in slow motion and it looks like you changed the 12-sector Autorun.SYS ML-menu by Craig Chamberlain (?), which was often used in the Bellcom PD-library into your own KWEST version (removing not only the title of the menu and replacing it with KWEST, but also removing/not showing several of its functions anymore). 

I did not have the motivation to watch the complete video, instead I only jumped to several parts of it (mostly the beginning of a new program) and I doubt I will ever watch this video in full length.

It reminds me a bit of the early 2000s, when I bought a DVD recorder for my tv and also connected my A8 to it and then recorded several A8 programs onto DVD. Allthough I recorded one-hundred A8 programs onto DVD, there were no titles or subtitles, there were no intermissions or transitions from one program to the other and most of all, there was no music for the whole video and so the end result simply looked boring and weird and in the end, I deleted the video some weeks or months later. (There are still a few A8 videos from me available at youtube, mostly recordings of TIP Animator demos, without any sound and extremely simple and amateurish, but most of them are less than 1 minute in length.)

Well I had limited programs available, when I get my SIO2SD device I will be making more focused videos, and I was using a machine that did not have good output (I will use my other machine that has better output).