Sign in to follow this  
Lewis2907

5 digit score instead of 6 digit score (Remove last digit)

Is there a way to remove the last digit? I want to make the score look centered. I'm trying to do this in the multisprite kernel, thanks. 

If you are okay with a customized multisprite kernel then I could likely make one for you that doesn't display the last digit, and shifts the remaining values appropriately. 

Thanks that would work. I made a lot of progress on the game. I'm now using javatari and my cell phone to test the game as I'm having weird issues with Stella. 

8 hours ago, Lewis2907 said:

Thanks that would work. I made a lot of progress on the game. I'm now using javatari and my cell phone to test the game as I'm having weird issues with Stella. 

What kind of weird issues? In general, Stella's emulation is going to be much more accurate than Javatari's.

It jumps and crashes really bad. It's horrible. I may try a reinstall on everything. It just started once I had time to pick up playing around with Bb.

Okay; here's the modified Multisprite kernel with the 5-digit score routine. Place multisprite_kernel.asm in the same directory as any project you wish to use it. The example 5digitmultisprite.bas just displays the score, and increments it by 1 every time fire is pressed.

multisprite_kernel.asm

5digitmultisprite.bas

5digitmultisprite.bas.bin

The .diff file below is just for my own reference in case I need to remember what changes I made for the 5-digit score (feel free to ignore it):

5digit_multisprite.diff

• Like 1

Karl G,

The program works great, but when I combine it with the text mini kernel the score jumps back to 6 digits. I'm still playing around with the numbers in side the attached to see if I can remove the 6th digit. Thanks for the fire program as well in the example for the score. I couldn't find my example anywhere in all my files. 

1. Works perfect with the titlescreen.

2. When you add the text minikernel the score jumps back to 6. I think it's the attached that need adjusting.

a.) "text12a" adjusting "scorecount = 7" to scorecount = 5" does not work, but it will cut the score almost in half if someone is looking for that effect. 

text12a.asm text12b.asm

21 hours ago, Karl G said:

What kind of weird issues? In general, Stella's emulation is going to be much more accurate than Javatari's.

For stella I was using 32x vice 64x as I have a new laptop. Works like normal now.

• Like 1

Yeah, for reasons too dull to bother to explain, the text minikernel has its own copy of the score routine, so that will need to be customized as well. I'll post a customized version of that, too, tonight or tomorrow. 

23 hours ago, Karl G said:

Thanks. Also are there any ASM for beginners. I'm starting to see I need to learn this as well.

46 minutes ago, Lewis2907 said:

Thanks. Also are there any ASM for beginners. I'm starting to see I need to learn this as well.

I have one of those, too! 🙂 I made a Minikernel Developer's Guide aimed at people who know bB, but want to branch out (as it were) into assembly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lewis2907 said:

Karl G,

The program works great, but when I combine it with the text mini kernel the score jumps back to 6 digits. I'm still playing around with the numbers in side the attached to see if I can remove the 6th digit. Thanks for the fire program as well in the example for the score. I couldn't find my example anywhere in all my files. 

1. Works perfect with the titlescreen.

2. When you add the text minikernel the score jumps back to 6. I think it's the attached that need adjusting.

a.) "text12a" adjusting "scorecount = 7" to scorecount = 5" does not work, but it will cut the score almost in half if someone is looking for that effect. 

Here's a version that may work - I haven't tested it yet. Let me know if you have any issues.

text12a.asm