IGNORED

Anyone has some experience with Hama Scart-HDMI converter ?

Is that one https://hama.hu/termekek/70-tv-hifi-hazimozi/82-egyeb/a3182-scart-hdmi-konverter ?

I had something that looked exactly same and wasn't good enough to pick up 15khz if that's what You are looking for.

Maybe that one is different, but I've tried 4 different Scart2HDMI and only one was good and reliable

If it's the one that @myriadcs linked to, it looks just like any one of many identical Chinese devices that I've seen on Amazon and eBay, all identical, but with different brand names, or no brand name, slapped on them. If so, I'd say your results would be hit or miss at best. Probably best to steer clear.

Right now, I've seen absolutely nothing better than my OSSC with a Cool Novelties STE SCART cable for color modes, or VGA for high res., with the exception of the RGBtoHDMI Pi project. I've been watching it closely and may decide to try it on my 1040STE eventually, once I get some of my other projects complete. I'm terrible about getting a project to 75-80% completion, then moving on to something else. OK, just about done, here. One more little... squirrel!

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3838

I don't know this HAMA device but did some experiments with different other whatever2HDMI converters. In general most of these devices are working more or less ok, even the cheaper ones. But one thing I've found is that converting PAL (50Hz) to HDMI is a very bad thing, as HDMI is specified to 60Hz normally. As a result this is giving you a heavy jerky screen with horizontal movements of the picture.

OK, so we can assume that this HAMA and other cheap similar ones use no RGB signals, only composite - and that self results in not so good pic quality, especially med. res. And of course no little better S-Video processing too.

If it says PAL is supported then should do some decent 50-60 Hz conversion.  Maybe problem appears only with ST, which has no exactly standard PAL video - it is not interlaced - and that's pretty common problem, even with some TVs which support PAL natively. So, I would say that jerky screen was rather because it. 

And one thing more: is sound supported too ?

Have 2 of these units. They must have a small modification done internally, but work quite well (subjective) with the Falcon and Jaguar, including audio.

Recently purchased an OSSC, yet to setup.

Here's a link to the post here.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/249091-falcon-scartrgb-to-hdmi/?tab=comments#comment-3439455

Edited by rustynutt

Hehe, these are cropped phone shots of the menus on an old LCD.

The quality is pretty good on a proper display. 

Messed with most any and all converters, for the price it's pretty good. 

If you want to spend more, guess the OSSC is a good option.

Have a Sony BVM-D24E1WU outfitted with a few input cards. Has maybe 120 hours on it, just haven't gotten around to setting it up. It too is a monster. RGB there, without a converter is as good as it gets.

16190332249574285605141967894364.jpg