IGNORED

Jason 'T.M.R' Kelk (again...)

TMR

Oh god....

This is just terrible news, that's two good friends I've lost in just over a year but it must be horrendous for Sue, his wife, seeing him very very ill and then making a great comeback only to suddenly get ill again. I knew he had relapsed but had hoped it was just a blip.

For those that didn't know Jase, he was a gentle giant with a great sense of humour and a great coder, but always was a nice bloke in a field where some can get quite egotistical about themselves. He was better known a C64 guy back when I first encountered him, we had a common mate in a guy known as Bod (Darren) who was a scene guy, later we ended up at the same company (Computerworld). He always spurred me on to code in the C64 but he gave me more credit than I was due.

Really lovely bloke and a good friend..

So sad...

• Thanks 1

I woke up to news that he had had a setback and was moving to a hospice which was really upsetting and then later today found out that he had lost the fight.

So sad, my heart really goes out to his family. It really could have been any one of us.

Make every day count.

RIP Jason 

• Like 1

I have only just seen his post here (unless I was drunk before) and this was because I saw the news in the Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9703421/UKs-longest-suffering-Covid-patient-49-tragically-dies-following-14-half-month-battle.html

Terrible news indeed, but it was his decision which I respect. It was him that had to endure all that.

I met him a couple of times at shows and regarding the comment of him being a gentle giant, this is absolutely true. 

He was also a very clever man. Programmer types usually are, but I as a fellow programmer was in awe of him. I enjoyed our time together. I even did a bit of playtesting for Callisto at the Wolverhampton show.

He had a lot of good words for different people, those that I can remember off hand are @popmilo, @Mclaneinc and @STE'86 .

All I can say is, thank you Jason, you have brought us all a lot of pleasure on our Atari's. You will be remembered well.

• Thanks 1

As long as we remember them, they are never gone...

Jase was a lovely man and my heart goes out to Sue and family for their loss, I like others have lost a wonderful friend and the community has lost a great dev, Like Snicklin I beta tested Callisto because he knew I was a shooter fan. We both liked to add sid tunes to the HVSC set back in the day as his mate Sean Connelly was his usual collaborator for music for the Cosine productions.

Its really sad he chose to say goodbye, the Jase I knew was a force of nature for life, but he must have known it was a fight he could not take on, he had already had an epic battle against this awful virus, it devastated him, poor bloke.

I'had 24hrs to take this in and it still stinks, not even 50 and gone to a virus we still play god with to this day..

They say the good ones always go first, I don't know how true this is but Jason WAS a good one, a kind gentle man, he had his private quirks, but he was always a really nice person and a great teacher..

If there is an upstairs then maybe when it's my time you can teach me some proper 6502 :)

• Like 4