IGNORED

Jason 'T.M.R' Kelk (again...)

TMR

Guess who is back girls and boys! ?

I’ve been online for a while now, but let’s make this "official", I’m still in the same bed at Jimmy’s that’s been my world for the last year and a bit and have a slow journey ahead physically with physiotherapy and speech issues (I have odd vocal cords it seems…?) but long Covid doesn’t appear to have touched my mind, something I’m grateful for considering te effect it had on Derek Draper – I’m an atheist but the most appropriate phrase I can think of is "there but for the grace of God go I". I’m not allowed food right now because my stomach has a problem and I’m having dialysis three times a week, in fact that’s going on as I "speak".

I’ve got a cross assembly rig on this laptop too so have been tinkering with some 6502, resurrecting a couple of code doodles for rlease as part of my Monthly Demo series. The "grand return" after my long Covid hiatus is MD202104 on the C64, but MD202105 is already up and mostly working the way I want it to an ORA’d  filler and a couple of DYCP scrolls done the "C64 way" on the A8 as a "comeback" to this side of the 8-bit demo scene. None of these are massive projects because I don’t know from day to day how much coding time I’ll get and don’t want to overstretch myself right now so I can hit the deadlines for release, but they’re enough to keep me occupied.

So my reason for standing up so brazenly and announcing my return like this is because I want to say "thanks very much" to everyone who sent heart warming messages here, through PM and via the scroller on MD202006 with an extra nod to Mclaneinc; I stumbled over these messages on a day I was feeling pretty down so everyone’s positive posts really lifted my spirits and what you said was a fabulous cherry on an already lovely cake. I have a quite solitary and I suppose overly cynical view of the world and thought "they’re just online friends, nobody’ll care" so it’s been utterly brilliant to be proved so ridiculously wrong in that respect.

So TL;DR version; long Covid 19 tried to feckin’ kill me (I had a heart attack!) and I’ve had a year away because of all that, but now I’m back because you lot made it so worth doing. Thankyou everyone for that. ?

Edited by TMR
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 6

Wahey, so bloody good to hear from you me old mucker..Thank you for the extra nod :)

Can't have a former work colleague and an old mate be in the shape you were / are, when Andy privately told me what was going on it was heart breaking (and almost quite literally), I so wanted to tell the group but its your private business.

Glad to hear its left your noggin intact and after all this there's still a will to code :)

All the best to Sue and her daughter, they have been fighting the fight along with you.

So glad you are on the mend, but don't hang around, lets have a shooter asap :)

And remember, don't steal from here again....

Paul..

• 1 month later...

I really don't know what to say at this point, or what the protocol is, but as this is public knowledge I'll repeat the message I received:

'I am absolutely devastated here. Jason Kelk passed away at 12:40pm today. He had been seriously ill again for the past 7 weeks. He requested to end treatment for long covid last weekend.'

I really am lost for words...

Edited by sack-c0s
  • Sad 20

I didn't really know the guy other than truly loving his game Callisto (Only knew that because of @gnusto's post).

When I first started reading this topic today, I thought "Cool he went through hell, but emerged victorious!", then I continued reading and got to @sack-c0s post and my heart dropped ? . Wow! What a terrible piece of news to read after Jason's earlier very positive post. Damn Covid!

I feel truly sad for his family :( , and I hope they can move on.

• Like 2