IGNORED

7pin DIN and audio fix for the SGM

rietveld

14 hours ago, Tekman said:

Is it fair to say that if someone (like me) does not know how to solder, then he really ought not attempt this?

If so, then is there anyone reading this post who is in New England and who would do this repair for a fee if I brought my Adam memory console to them in person?

(My lack of soldering ability--or even baseline competence--has finally caught up with me.)

11 hours ago, timepilot said:

Is it fair to say that if someone (like me) does not know how to solder, then he really ought not attempt this?

If so, then is there anyone reading this post who is in New England and who would do this repair for a fee if I brought my Adam memory console to them in person?

(My lack of soldering ability--or even baseline competence--has finally caught up with me.)

I have very weak soldering skills and I was able to do it to all three of my consoles. This fix is really not that hard.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 11:06 PM, timepilot said:

I just did the SGM sound fix this morning.  I have very little experience with a soldering iron but found it took longer to take the Adam apart than to fix it. It is a very easy fix and I am so glad I did it.

TBH I think this fix can be done without soldering if you just extend the green wire a bit and attach a very small aligator clip. Then just attach the clip[ to the cap.

I ran out of hot glue so I just used some electrical tape to hold the wire out of the way.

Edited by rietveld

17 hours ago, rietveld said:

I just did the SGM sound fix this morning.  I have very little experience with a soldering iron but found it took longer to take the Adam apart than to fix it. It is a very easy fix and I am so glad I did it.

TBH I think this fix can be done without soldering if you just extend the green wire a bit and attach a very small aligator clip. Then just attach the clip[ to the cap.

I ran out of hot glue so I just used some electrical tape to hold the wire out of the way.

Wow.  Would you service an Adam memory console if an owner drove one to you and paid you to do the work?  Only half joking.