IGNORED

New Game: Klondike

Under4MHZ

The classic solitaire card sorting game now for your Colecovision.

The goal of the game is to sort the cards into order.

Left button to select a card to move, then press again to move the card.

Right button to move the pointer to bottom of the pile, then press again to move the deck.

Right click also automatically moves a card to the foundation, if a valid move.

Hold both left and right buttons together to resign the current game.

screenshot1.png.1df0c61ac0f99c3f9716fea60b5bbf9f.png    screenshot2.png.4e80176e6734a9f8cf157829520cbcaa.png

screenshot3.png.cbb38e4f83a9e32c385d09dd01e80d42.png    screenshot4.png.b4566bf3571234d6c4080f6e03e57c1a.png

Klondike-COL-1.00.zip

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Nice!

Bugs I found

-- at the end of the game, when "You Won" is displayed, there was a stuck-on note/audio channel. That cleared up after I started the next game.

-- first time I tried resigning, the text that said I had resigned had red bars over the text (as in "strike out" text style).  I should have taken a screen shot, but I wondered if that was normal. 2nd time I did it, they did not.

I had to read the instructions to figure out how to resign/restart the game. It is a good safety that you have to hold down both buttons for a few seconds, but maybe as soon as you start holding both down, you could get a 5..4..3..2..1.. type count-down? Or some other way of restart (vs chord press)

Maybe have the instructions baked into the game, accessible from the title screen?

In terms of feature requests, I could imagine options for a timer, limit on number of times you can go through the upper left deck, option to automatically add cards to foundation (

Screenshot_20210424-154559.thumb.png.bcce7f1748b51ffc9a47b27fc01a88aa.png

I've fixed the issues you've mentioned:

- Make sure sound is turned off after finishing

- Fixed rendering text on finishing

- Made # key resigned game

I prefer to make games intuitive than to have instructions, though maybe that's a bit difficult for a console. It's reasonable idea,maybe next release.

The features you've mentioned are good idea. Originally, I didn't have enough tiles for extra text, but I might just have enough now to display numbers.

Maybe in a later version I'll add a timer and some stack options.

Klondike-COL-1.01.zip

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Under4MHZ said:

I've fixed the issues you've mentioned:

- Make sure sound is turned off after finishing

- Fixed rendering text on finishing

Confirmed! 

I've played a few games now, and not seen those issues...

- Made # key resigned game

Nice addition!

I prefer to make games intuitive than to have instructions, though maybe that's a bit difficult for a console. It's reasonable idea,maybe next release.

Best to solve something by good design for sure. Solving in design best, then in coding, then in manual, last (worst) in tech support!

For another feature thought - undo (at least for some actions, such as drawing a card - as an example, I just now had mistakenly drawn a card from the face down pile when I meant to select the one that was next to it)