IGNORED

Ready Player One

Ed in Rancho

Just saw this film. The plot was a bit messy, but the film is filled with easter eggs. In fact, it IS about the hunt for easter eggs.  I was surprised to see the 2600 play such a big role in the finale, but once I saw that they were playing Adventure, I  quickly guessed how the film would arrive at its ending. :) Everyone here is a 2600 enthusiast, so you guys can probably figure it out, too!

There's an easter egg in the book that lead to a competition to win a DeLorean.  The first line of each chapter is bold. A number of the letters appear to have minor printing flaws in them (click to enlarge):

IMG_1788.thumb.JPG.8c7fd3eb2231cb3392fe5cf05ef5a687.JPG

The notched letters spell out the URL anoraksalmanac.com where you play an Atari 2600 game called The Stacks.

You can play online* or download the ROM to play via emulation or on actual hardware using a flash cart like the Harmony. Completing the game revealed a QR Code that lead to part 2 of the competition.

*though this doesn't seem to work in modern browsers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1