IGNORED

Atari XE Remake Pre Order Thread

santosp

2 hours ago, cbelcher said:

Are these PAL only?

No.

This have to do with the frequency of the main Y1 crystal, and the type of Antic - GTIA who you will use on this. Also some components and the Y2 crystal not used in NTSC implementation.

1 hour ago, Dropcheck said:

Here's another source for the RA Cart connector.  Caution:  I don't know if it would fit, but it's worth a try.  Santos could better say maybe. 

RA CardEdge 2x15pin 2.54mm

Yes it fit perfectly, although is not have the two prominence in bottom. I have found also the other one for ECI, this with 2 x 7 pin, but you must come to communication with Chinese seller on AliExpress. I speak for 50 - 100 pieces of course, but the price is low.

Here they are pretty cheap, and no need for huge quantities. If I'm not mistaken (to lazy to lookup) this is the same store I bought the non-angled versions for Project Jenny.

Both 2x7 and 2x15 are available.

Edit: just checked, it is indeed the same store.

Edited by ivop

On 4/29/2021 at 8:52 PM, santosp said:

Ηι,

This is available for sold. Available for one piece, once. 

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/320066-atari-xe-remake-pcb-complete-pcb/?tab=comments#comment-4813126

If one of this should be available again, so count me in for one please!
I know, the price should be more expensive, I´ll accept it of course.

Thanks & cheers,

andY

6 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

I removed the SMD components from the cart as I am having Panos do those for me. It totaled $128 with shipping and tax in the US

Ok, we have a number and thank you!  While this is higher than I expected, I'm invested in the project.  Would you be willing to share your Digikey BOM to other Digikey users?  This can be done under your profile using their "BOM Manager" interface.  My ID is digikey@trinnet.net.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, orpheuswaking said:

Ordered the Mouser cart today, a couple items are backordered but I should have them all here by the end of the month. Looking forward to building this. 

Damn, I wonder how many people jumped on this. I ordered my cart (also minus SMD components) Sunday night and everything was in stock.

3 hours ago, Atari_bbs_fan said:

Ok, we have a number and thank you!  While this is higher than I expected, I'm invested in the project.  Would you be willing to share your Digikey BOM to other Digikey users?  This can be done under your profile using their "BOM Manager" interface.  My ID is digikey@trinnet.net.  Thanks!

I used the mouser cart Panos supplied earlier

Not sure where the mixup is, I ordered directly from Mouser just the cart supplied by Panos minus the SMD. I have a 130XE here that will be supplying everything else.

I will be getting the GAL and 2x41464 from Ebay later this month

I have a donor 130XE I can part with if we can agree on price. PM me if interested. Originally it booted to the Memory Test screen but had many/most memory failures. When I desoldered the RAM chips I’m sure I damaged some of the thru holes so I abandoned the project. I can do board only or complete unit (case and keyboard are in great shape). 

Also as a general suggestion... would it make sense for one person in the U.S. to volunteer to be a drop ship point to others?  Or does that go against customs rules?  If permitted a bunch of boards could be shipped to one location then distributed/shipped at much cheaper USPS rates from there. 

On 5/3/2021 at 1:50 AM, santosp said:

No.

This have to do with the frequency of the main Y1 crystal, and the type of Antic - GTIA who you will use on this. Also some components and the Y2 crystal not used in NTSC implementation.

Panos, can you breakdown what is omitted for the NTSC implementation?