IGNORED

Time Pilot 5-screen and/or Time Pilot '84

timepilot

As my handle suggests, one of my favorite CV/Adam games was always Time Pilot.  Have any of the homebrew folks ever proposed releasing a 5-screen edition of Time Pilot, adding the missing final level in space?  For that matter, have any of the homebrew folks ever proposed releasing a CV/Adam port of Time Pilot '84?  For some reason, the C64 got a port of Time Pilot '84 but the CV/Adam never did.

• Like 1

I know Opcode has a "better version" of Time Pilot on their to-do list. I don't think any other homebrewer has any interest in a re-release of this game.

Since the original game was only 16K in size, adding the missing UFO level should be possible within the limits of a 32K ROM. But I'd rather see Opcode's version get made and released, whatever shape this takes.  :)

• Like 1

Yes, Time Pilot has always been on of my favorite games on the console, mainly for its sheer simplicity and addictiveness. I'd absolutely love to see a version with the UFO level. Even more so, I'd pay handsomely for a TP84 port. Just the idea makes my mouth water, as playing TP84 in the arcade was even more fun than Time Pilot.

1 hour ago, zyzzle said:

Yes, Time Pilot has always been on of my favorite games on the console, mainly for its sheer simplicity and addictiveness. I'd absolutely love to see a version with the UFO level. Even more so, I'd pay handsomely for a TP84 port. Just the idea makes my mouth water, as playing TP84 in the arcade was even more fun than Time Pilot.

HOW handsomely? ;)

TP84 was pretty cool once I got into it, agreed.

1 hour ago, Tursi said:

I wasn't asking for them ;)

I would ask for a Super Carnival, but I honestly can't think of anything that the arcade Carnival had that the CV/Adam Carnival did not have.  In fact, I might even go as far as to say that I would rather play the CV/Adam Carnival than the arcade Carnival.

But yeah, I would sure love to see a Time Pilot Super Game and a Time Pilot '84.

It looks like the Gameboy Advance got an accurate port of Time Pilot in 2002, and that port even included a hidden sixth level set in prehistoric times, with the enemy planes being pteradactyls!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Collector's_Series:_Arcade_Advanced

16 hours ago, timepilot said:

I would ask for a Super Carnival, but I honestly can't think of anything that the arcade Carnival had that the CV/Adam Carnival did not have.  In fact, I might even go as far as to say that I would rather play the CV/Adam Carnival than the arcade Carnival.

But yeah, I would sure love to see a Time Pilot Super Game and a Time Pilot '84.

It looks like the Gameboy Advance got an accurate port of Time Pilot in 2002, and that port even included a hidden sixth level set in prehistoric times, with the enemy planes being pteradactyls!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Collector's_Series:_Arcade_Advanced

@timepilot I think you are missing what Tursi is hinting at. He is someone with the ability to program games so when he says "I wasn't asking for them" I think he is kind of saying "I have the ability to program, so if the compensation were enough I might be able to do it"

I am reading in between the lines here and I could be out to lunch but I know Tursi has programming abilities. 

22 minutes ago, zaphro72 said:

@timepilot I think you are missing what Tursi is hinting at. He is someone with the ability to program games so when he says "I wasn't asking for them" I think he is kind of saying "I have the ability to program, so if the compensation were enough I might be able to do it"

I am reading in between the lines here and I could be out to lunch but I know Tursi has programming abilities. 

Oh!  I had no idea.  Thanks, Tursi!

15 hours ago, zyzzle said:

Well, let me say I'd pay even more handsomely for a Dino Eggs port. As in $100 or more.

I think what he is saying is you could pay him, say, $5000 or $50/hr (just an example) to be motivated enough to program it. Then you can do with it what you want to sell it. All you need is 49 of your friends to chip in $100 each to crowd fund a rom.

46 minutes ago, youki said:

I think MSX version of Time Pilot has been ported to coleco  ...  it as the final level in space.

I remember to have seen a demo in a retrogaming gaming convention.

But the coleco version is imho better than the msx version.

There is one for the opposite direction CV to MSX. Konami brought down the hammer on the rom, but it might be elsewhere.

https://msxgamesworld.com/software.php?id=6182

Since the C64 uses the MOS 6502 CPU, while the CV uses the Z80, a direct port of TP84 from the C64 to Coleco seem to be impossible. Programming it from scratch would seem to be no more effort, unless the sprites from the C64 version could be used, which I doubt.

18 hours ago, zaphro72 said:

That's what I was asking, but I think people are just in dream mode. ;)

TP84 /is/ pretty cool though... were there any home ports?