IGNORED

The Innuh's pyramid

This adventure was published as a type-in BASIC program for the TI99/4A by Aristide Torrelli (MCmicrocomputer 33, sept. 1984, title "La piramide di Iunnuh", http://www.digitanto.it/mc-online/PDF/Articoli/033_150_154_0.pdf)

and then ported to the spectrum and many other: http://davbucci.chez-alice.fr/index.php?argument=varie/innuh/innuh.inc&language=English

• Like 2

@Elia Spallanzani fdt   perhaps the translations of the other systems at this link might help you? https://github.com/DarwinNE/innuhs_pyramid/releases

could help you to translate in English the TI99 version, probably you can do it easily, there are also the sources.

it is also the dedicated page on ti99iuc: https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=18

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 2

Yes, I can translate it, but since there is an improved version of the game in c, with English text, maybe it was better to compile that version for ti99: but I don't know how to compile it.

P.s. tomorrow I will translate the text of the version into extended basic, if only for historical reasons.

Edited by Elia Spallanzani fdt
  • Like 4

I did a quick google translation of the Italian text into English. See the attached file. You should be able to enter the text of the game directly into extended basic as this was how the original program was created. Change the Italian into English and run. You will still need to translate the Italian tokens into English. These are in lines 523 thru 535. The rest of the game looks pretty playable as is. Though, I haven't tested it.

Italian to English.txt

• Like 2

thanks mdilling.

I am attaching the Italian listing after correcting some errors: it is possible to solve the adventure but the routine that calculates the points does not work. Furthermore, the game demands the article between verb and object, otherwise it doesn't work.

I also enclose a first attempt at an English translation, which, however, I cannot copy to classic 99 because it always gives me the error "unmatched quotes".

Piramide di Iunnuh eng.txt Piramide di Iunnuh REV1.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone familiar with this game? I need some beta testers...

This is the English version in EA5 format and was built from the C version.  Requirements:

TI/99-4A with Editor/Assembler Cartridge

32k RAM

Disk drive

You will need to use option 5 in the Editor/Assembler to run the file "INNUHTI".

In game, if you type and don't see any text, press the "Alpha Lock" key.

Any feedback appreciated.

INNUHTJ INNUHTI

• Like 5

3 hours ago, chue said:

Anyone familiar with this game? I need some beta testers...

This is the English version in EA5 format and was built from the C version.  Requirements:

TI/99-4A with Editor/Assembler Cartridge

32k RAM

Disk drive

You will need to use option 5 in the Editor/Assembler to run the file "INNUHTI".

In game, if you type and don't see any text, press the "Alpha Lock" key.

Any feedback appreciated.

INNUHTJ 5.63 kB · 3 downloads INNUHTI 8.13 kB · 3 downloads

first impressions

title screen is wrapping.. 

first room there's a torch

if you go north then south now there's a girder instead of a torch.. feature? bug?

21 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

first room there's a torch

if you go north then south now there's a girder instead of a torch.. feature? bug?

Not a bug.  Looks like that is how the game works.  It happens in the XB listing above in post #12, as well as in the original C version by Davide Bucci.

Take the torch or lose it!

• Like 2

New versions:

40 column English

80 column English

40 column Italian

80 column Italian

The 80 column version requires 80 column capable hardware (F18A).

Each is in a zip file.  You will have to use option 5 to load one of:

INUTIEN40

INUTIEN80

INUTIIT40

INUTIIT80

Tested and seems to work in classic 99... Not tested on real hardware.

Source code here:

https://github.com/cx/innuhs_pyramid

INNUH-TI-IT-80.zip INNUH-TI-EN-40.zip INNUH-TI-EN-80.zip INNUH-TI-IT-40.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Wow, thank you!

I tried the Italian version with 40 columns. I have verified that it is possible to complete the adventure. The only oddity I noticed is that after executing some commands the game still writes "I don't understand" (although I did the action).
Of course, I haven't checked all the possible moves.

At this point, the only thing missing is the ability to save :).

Thank you @Elia Spallanzani fdt

I would be happy to look at the oddity that you are seeing.  It would be helpful if you could tell me what commands you wrote in the game.

Also, I want to add some acknowledgements to the game.  I would be grateful if you or someone else could check that my google translated Italian looks ok:

English to be added to title screen:

C version ported to TI99/4A by Chue Xiong 2021,
and uses libti99 by Mike Brent (Tursi).

Italian to be verified:

Versione C portata su TI99 / 4A da Chue Xiong 2021,
e utilizza libti99 di Mike Brent (Tursi).

• Like 3

Strangeness occurs in several cases, eg. if you write "take the torch" or when you take other objects (but not all objects), or even with NSE W. The only constant seems: the command is executed correctly, but immediately after the computer also writes "I don't understand", as if enter was pressed on a blank line.

The traduction:

"Versione in C portata sul TI99 / 4A da Chue Xiong 2021; utilizza libti99 di Mike Brent (Tursi)."

Davide Bucci compliments you and says that if you want you can make a pull request on GitHub.

• Like 1

Example: in the "white room", if you write "take the skull": the object is taken but after "ok" the program print:

Non ho capito. (i don't understand)

P.S. If you press simply "return" in a blank line the program print:

Non ho capito.

Non ho capito.

nonhocapito.jpg

Edited by Elia Spallanzani fdt