IGNORED

Ben Heck XEGS repair video

AeroDD

I could definitely do without the singing and the impersonations ;) .

Never seen someone re-flow solder on an IC chip from the top of the board instead of the bottom. Also surprised that someone that's used XEGS systems for his projects before wouldn't know that the ROM is 32K (16K OS, 8K BASIC, 8K GAME), instead of 24K as was his initial guess, later in the video he gets it right.

1 minute ago, Sugarland said:

Thank you! Now he can use 1088's instead of GS mobos for his portables.

576NUC+ would be even better for his portables. Wouldn't even need to be hacked up, because it ain't getting much smaller than this.

dsc01614_orig.jpg

• Like 4

I enjoy Ben's videos - I like his celebrity impressions but could do without the singing. I also wish he spent less energy slinging insults to other Youtubers but since he lost the Element14 gig, I guess he's entitled to be a little bitter. 

I enjoy Ben's videos - I like his celebrity impressions but could do without the singing. I also wish he spent less energy slinging insults to other Youtubers but since he lost the Element14 gig, I guess he's entitled to be a little bitter. 
I actually don't mind his poking fun at David (I think they're friendly acquaintances). Though, I think it's a cat-calling-the-kettle-black sort of thing when a king of nerds pokes fun at someone for being nerdy and aloof. No one is immune to mockery. Ben's comment section often joke about him and someone recently joked that watching Ben's videos are tantamount to witnessing someone slowly lose their sanity. He has posted videos of him dirty dancing with his kitten. So. You know.

David strikes me as someone who can take it like a classical man. Not to be mistaken for today's sensitive and easily triggered men.

Sent from my brand unspecific tablet

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, calcmandan said:

For me his connery was pretty dead on.

Oh - it seemed reasonable enough once I knew who it was supposed to be. I had initially missed the first few seconds where he said 'Oh - I should read this like Sean Connery' for reasons which are still not clear. :)

I do miss his Element14 videos and showing some very interesting modification projects. But the weird 'extra' stuff he would also throw in, and progressively more so as each episode was released, I really don't miss that what-so-ever ;) . I'm wondering if that was a contributing factor in Element14 pulling the plug ?