IGNORED

Phoenix

timmy2tone

1 hour ago, zaphro72 said:

Also I don't think the Pencil II core will work with the new run of Phoenix systems as they need an update to accommodate the hardware added to the newest run.

I played Treasure Hunter with the Pencil II core last night using a Phoenix from the latest run.

Fun game.  I'm curious to see the other games if they are ever released.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zaphro72 said:

Good to know I was wrong. I assumed since the Colecovision, Atari and service Menu all needed to be updated that the Pencil II would have as well.

Ah, I didn't get that memo. I have checked in and you are correct, I am incorrect. The Pencil 2 core was not updated and an update is required due to the HDMI changes.

Edit: Apparently the Pencil II core was already based on the updated cores in the first place, so should be fine for the new machine.

Edited by Tursi

3 hours ago, zaphro72 said:

Good to know I was wrong. I assumed since the Colecovision, Atari and service Menu all needed to be updated that the Pencil II would have as well.

I need to verify, but I think it was built with the new hardware settings, so it should work on both.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

I think it'll happen.. Eventually. I sure hope so anyway! It would be a darn shame if not. ?. Can't recall if it's open source or not, but maybe someone could try making different cores, outside of the CollectorVision team. ?

Everything is open source. Anyone is welcome to contribute.

https://github.com/CollectorVision

• Like 1