timmy2tone

Phoenix

Is there a dedicated facebook page or website that has all of the cores for the phoenix, new and past ones? I thought I found it, but can't seem to locate it again

On FB search for collectorvision phoenix.

its a private group. In the files section is the pencil core

• Thanks 1

Don’t update if you have one from the new run. It came with latest. If you upgrade you will actually downgrade and it can cause issues

• Like 1

Also I don't think the Pencil II core will work with the new run of Phoenix systems as they need an update to accommodate the hardware added to the newest run.

1 hour ago, zaphro72 said:

Also I don't think the Pencil II core will work with the new run of Phoenix systems as they need an update to accommodate the hardware added to the newest run.

I played Treasure Hunter with the Pencil II core last night using a Phoenix from the latest run.

Fun game.  I'm curious to see the other games if they are ever released.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zaphro72 said:

Not so :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tursi said:

Not so :)

Good to know I was wrong. I assumed since the Colecovision, Atari and service Menu all needed to be updated that the Pencil II would have as well.

3 hours ago, zaphro72 said:

Good to know I was wrong. I assumed since the Colecovision, Atari and service Menu all needed to be updated that the Pencil II would have as well.

Ah, I didn't get that memo. I have checked in and you are correct, I am incorrect. The Pencil 2 core was not updated and an update is required due to the HDMI changes.

Edit: Apparently the Pencil II core was already based on the updated cores in the first place, so should be fine for the new machine.

Edited by Tursi

3 hours ago, zaphro72 said:

I need to verify, but I think it was built with the new hardware settings, so it should work on both.

1 hour ago, lucifershalo said:

hi, where do you get the Pencil II core (and game)

CollectorVision Phoenix Facebook page in the files section is I think the only current available place. It might be buried somewhere on the forums here though.

Hi,

Has there been any discussion about an Intellivision core for the Phoenix?  I think this would be great addition to the console, and would support this, even if there was a purchase required to help with the cost associated with assisting with the development.

Thanks,

Mark

• Like 2

I think it'll happen.. Eventually. I sure hope so anyway! It would be a darn shame if not. 😬. Can't recall if it's open source or not, but maybe someone could try making different cores, outside of the CollectorVision team. 🤞

2 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

I think it'll happen.. Eventually. I sure hope so anyway! It would be a darn shame if not. 😬. Can't recall if it's open source or not, but maybe someone could try making different cores, outside of the CollectorVision team. 🤞

Everything is open source. Anyone is welcome to contribute.

https://github.com/CollectorVision

• Like 1

TI99/4A core also!!!!  So many new games taking advantage of F18A graphics upgrade.

I would assume the PHOENIX would also have?  PLUS Parsec and Moon Patrol would be enough for me!