IGNORED

How do I access the service menu on my Trinitron?

Steven Pendleton

Okay, so this won't be as easy as you think; my Trinitron is the KV-29DR1, which I believe is exclusive to Japan. The typical button combination that you see online does not work, as I don't seem to have the buttons needed to perform that combination. Here's the manual, which has a picture of the remote in English on page 62:

https://www.sony.jp/ServiceArea/impdf/pdf/3867838221.pdf

I have absolutely no idea how to get to the service menu, as such a menu not mentioned in the manual at all and I don't enjoy using my Trinitron because of the warped picture and stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

This one seems like users manual, these seldom included the service menu combo. So if you speak/read Japanese you could do some more digging for the technical manual, maybe email them? Failing that you can ask on r/crtgaming or system11.org.

The best I could find for KV-DR range is "DISP / 5 / VOL+ / POWER ON" which is at least a bit different from the usual. All these buttons are on your remote.