IGNORED

The Last Squadron

Sikor

What do you think of in-game T-shirts that could be purchased separately? Official, of course, with Sikor Soft? (I am slowly thinking about it yet, I haven't chosen the brand of the T-shirt for printing yet ...)

• Like 3

It looks and sounds amazing and I'm looking forward to it's summer release! I'm not a big fan of the abstract level with geometric pattern graphics though, I like to keep my shooters to landscapes and space-scapes; I love the level in space with asteroids. I'm not a fan of the abstract levels in AtariBlast! either, but love the land/space-scape levels there too. The graphics are great, even on the abstract levels, just the subject matter of the backgrounds isn't to my liking in shooters. Though not the best shooter anyway, but it had great graphics, I remember also Trevor Mcfur in the Crescent Galaxy on the Atari Jaguar, and there again, it had abstract levels that really turned me off.

So it's nothing personal with TLS, or any of the others games I mentioned. Well, the particular levels and abstract style are a personal thing, but I'd dislike them no matter the shooter game they are in, and still like, or love, the game over-all. It's just a dislike in the mixing of abstract graphic art with shooters; I prefer graphics in shooter that take my imagination to places where I'm flying over planets or large space objects with their own land and water-scapes, or city-scapes or in space with stars and rocks and giant spaceship "city-scapes" scrolling by and the interruption of such levels with abstract graphics destroys my mind's eye fantasy I was in, until it's over and back to graphics that fit my mental fantasy.

Edited by Gunstar

Two questions:

1) Will this be NTSC-compatible, as some games coming from Europe come with both PAL (UK/Europe) and NTSC (US/Canada) versions built-in (and some don't) and there would be an NTSC (or PAL) check which detects which video format the system runs.

2) Since this is an 8-bit program will there (possibly) be a 5200 version sometime in the short future??? It too, has a pause mode on the controller, and, it also has a keypad as well. You can utilize the functions on the keypad just assign certain actions onto it. Oh, and it has dual fire buttons too!!! :) 

I would like variable flight speed, if possible please. The static flight speed feels sometimes too slow and other times too fast.  As far as adding that as a control, there is the two button joystick mod which could be backed up by keyboard control for those without the mod.

Edited by Sugarland

28 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

The audio dropouts, Youtube or the game, can't remember if the 1st version does this?

I think it is YT, but for second hand - i have problems with stability of videoeditors on my laptop.

3 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

1) Will this be NTSC-compatible, as some games coming from Europe come with both PAL (UK/Europe) and NTSC (US/Canada) versions built-in (and some don't) and there would be an NTSC (or PAL) check which detects which video format the system runs.

Game try system and choose automaticaly PAL or NTSC. Game works for all 8-bit Atari with 48KB (or more) RAM.

6 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

2) Since this is an 8-bit program will there (possibly) be a 5200 version sometime in the short future???

It was thats idea, but unfortunatelly not this time - to low RAM memory...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sugarland said:

As far as adding that as a control, there is the two button joystick mod which could be backed up by keyboard control for those without the mod.

Though I have controllers modded for two buttons I use with the ABBUC version, I had no trouble before I had a modded controller, with using the one-button scheme of holding fire until it switches to the special weapon. My point being that I think reaching for the keyboard would be more cumbersome, having to take your hand off the controller, unless you have a mounted controller you can use one-handed.

2 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

Though I have controllers modded for two buttons I use with the ABBUC version, I had no trouble before I had a modded controller, with using the one-button scheme of holding fire until it switches to the special weapon. My point being that I think reaching for the keyboard would be more cumbersome, having to take your hand off the controller, unless you have a mounted controller you can use one-handed.

Oh yes but this is a game where one is holding the fire button down a lot while moving around.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sikor said:

Special weapons you can use in two different way:

- second fire in controler (if you has ones)

- by twoklick fire in joystick

As in Abbuc version.

Yes, I mis-remembered the controls. So it's holding button for continuous fire and tapping twice to switch...which I think is better than having to tap for constant fire and hold to switch like I mis-remembered anyway. Now I understand Sugarlands last reply to me better as well (it's been a couple months since I had a chance to play), but I also think that the way the controls actually do work with one button makes even a better argument as a preferred method than reaching for the keyboard. I just remember not having a problem with the one-button scheme, even if the a two-button controller is preferable to me.

I know I hated using the keyboard for the alternate weapon in Spy-Hunter without the special holder for two controllers and a second button, so much that I made a special controller for Spy Hunter that plugged into both ports and had an extra button (switch) for the alternate weapon. Because attempting to use two controllers without the holder for the alternate weapon is even a worse case scenario than using the keyboard control. But that DIY controller was made before the Joy2B controller mod came along as well as Spy Hunter and other games being hacked for two or more buttons. I use my Joy2B+ controllers with the hacked version of Spy Hunter now too.

I know I'd rather have had the original Spy Hunter control scheme have an option for double-tapping the one button to change weapons like TLS, than the keyboard alternative it did have. or having to use a holder and extra controller. For sure.

Edited by Gunstar

- autofire should also fire a special shot.

- game recognizes the type of Antic and GTIA chipsets and adjusts gameplay speed, colors and music to your system.

- the sound is definitely not stuttering

- unfortunately, the video is in 30 frames, and the game runs at 50/60 frames.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shanti77 said:

- unfortunately, the video is in 30 frames, and the game runs at 50/60 frames.

Hmm, i set 50 frames... :( I used Open Shot this time - i tried many video editors and unfortunatelly many of them crashed on my laptop... :(

Nevermind. Arcade and Hardcore modes will be presented online when we'll do worlwide premiere ;)

I agree with the influences you've listed, but I think you left out one important influence; Raiden.

Then there is the level(s) with background graphics of palm trees and sandbag barriers that looked like they were ripped straight from Commando.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1