IGNORED

The Last Squadron

Sikor

Yeah, I want a deluxe version too, for myself, and a regular version to give to a friend. Hopefully demand for the deluxe version will not force some to miss out on it just because it's so limited.

On 4/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, Yautja said:

So we've got "dinosaurs" like in... that game... ?

the-last-squadron-2021-dinosaur.png

Dinosaurs would have NEVER come to mind, for me, when seeing the new enemy if you hadn't mentioned it, It looks clearly like a machine to me, not a dinosaur or any other animal. But what is "that game" that you refer too anyway?!? You seem to think what ever you are referring too is widely known enough for people to just automatically know what you are referring too. I've never even seen or played a scrolling shooter with dinosaurs, on any system or arcade and have no clue at all what you are referring too.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 8bitguy1 said:

Any more teasing you can do?  Pics of the label or box art? or are you waiting for a big reveal?  (that's okay too).

Soon will be more pictures. I'm not going to reveal all the cards - I have to leave a surprise for release day. This one is planned to take place online - we'll see if it works. I will definitely not reveal more details of the game for now. If there is to be a surprise, you have to wait a moment ...

1 hour ago, 8bitguy1 said:

I assume this is not a pre-order thread....

No, pre-order will be available after World premiere...

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

Yeah, I want a deluxe version too, for myself, and a regular version to give to a friend. Hopefully demand for the deluxe version will not force some to miss out on it just because it's so limited.

There will be around 30 pieces for atariage users. I will give the starting date for subscribing for the collector's version in advance and I will not recognize previous entries. Entries will be public here on the forum. Oh, the dates and prices will be announced after the premiere, not earlier. There will be three types of releases, more on that below.

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

It looks clearly like a machine to me

Yes, there is a walking machine. There are many more enemies and bosses than in the Abbuc version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, types of editions, I google what I wrote on atariarea (unfortunately my English is too poor for me to translate it well myself):

The game will be released in three versions (each of course on a cartridge), differing in the contents of the package. In addition to the cheapest version - the details will be revealed after the world premiere online (at least that's how it is planned for today), and so:
1. The budget version, typical for players - it will only contain a box, manual and cartridge, without any extras. It will be the cheapest and I plan to add it as needed
2. Normal version, what's in the budget version plus some extras (details after the premiere), made extra if necessary for orders (when the first batch comes out - it will be a preorder for a minimum of 40 pieces and I can make another batch as needed, batch is 50 pieces, so here I protect myself in case of small orders)
3. Limited collector's version, a certain number of pieces (will it come out as many as I want, it will turn out when I pick up the gadgets - I'll just say that I should have the main surprise in about 3-4 weeks max, it is in work), includes what the normal plus version surprise, but I write right away that these are not sweets.
As a reminder: version 1 should be permanently available, version 2 on orders with the appropriate minimum quantity.
Details of the premiere will be posted in the main thread about The Last Squadron.
Phew ... You force me to write long texts, and the content is to remain a secret until the day of the premiere (partly not my fault - the pandemic has a bad effect on handling certain matters). There must be some thrill of emotion, of understatement. So that you don't have fun waiting for the finished product;)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gunstar said:

But what is "that game" that you refer too anyway?!? You seem to think what ever you are referring too is widely known enough for people to just automatically know what you are referring too. I've never even seen or played a scrolling shooter with dinosaurs, on any system or arcade and have no clue at all what you are referring too.

Seems that you are not much into shoot 'em-ups, as *this game* is pretty well-known...

Edited by Yautja

10 hours ago, Yautja said:

Seems that you are not much into shoot 'em-ups, as *this game* is pretty well-known...

Oh, I'm "into" shooters, I'm just can't be into shooters I've never played on systems I don't own (C64) and don't expect vague references to them like "that game" for other systems in an Atari forum. I've "heard" of Terra Cresta, but couldn't know it had dinosaurs to know your vague reference. I'm sure it's popular on the systems it came out for, and well known to people who own them. Not everyone here owns every system under the sun. I have been planning on getting a C64 eventually and I will definitely check this game out when I do.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gunstar said:

Oh, I'm "into" shooters, I'm just can't be into shooters I've never played on systems I don't own (C64) and don't expect vague references to them like "that game" for other systems in an Atari forum. 

Curiously, I did mentioned the name of this great game in the previous thread about "Last Squadron", as it's not only similar to "Terra Cresta" in music but also in the ground design, bases and some other sprites.

4 hours ago, Gunstar said:

Not everyone here owns every system under the sun. 

Neither me, but emulation and YT videos are valuable sources to learn from... 

Anyway, this made me remember when I asked «mariusz» to use his ZX converter to port "Terra Cresta" but told me it couldn't do such "miracle".

Edited by Yautja
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 1:31 AM, Sikor said:

No, this is "walking machine" ? WHat do you think about "energy barrier"? (Yes, there are in game too... ? )

A guiltless confession! Let me call the cops, @emkay ?

BTW, if you could add the flaming phoenix maneuver, please consider me for a deluxe cart as well... ?

Not only TC ;D Stay tuned - more info soon... T-shirts soon, before game relase...

Registration for the collector's version - there will be information after the world premiere. Then the final price will also be given...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

Will there be a digital only version of this? 

Maybe, when I sell some cartridge (I don't speak of that with Shanti77 yet, but Yes, he prepare big xex too). One thing is certain, it will not be available from the beginning of sale, maybe after 2-3 months.

9 minutes ago, Lord Thag said:

A bit late to the party, but this looks great. I'll definitely be interested in one when you release. Love a good shooter.

Thanks.

• Like 1