IGNORED

The Last Squadron

Sikor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just bought the catridge version by Guillermo Fuenzalida, the very same guy who did the catridge for ALTERNATE REALITY DUNGEON (this guy is awesome), an excellent work on both games, really a piece of art!!!!

As per “the last squadron” it’s a wonderful shoot’m up game, with great graphics, music, smooth game play and this version comes with 3 modes, more bosses and new levels. A MUST HAVE!!!

Thanks Guillermo Fuenzalida & Sikor for this awesome game!  LONG LIVE THE ATARI!!!

DD6BB473-886B-4506-BCDD-93CA6166E59F.jpeg

E830C725-9F4C-44F8-8D8F-D7F1A1617769.jpeg

AD0C7CC3-9DD6-4104-98BD-24569208CD5B.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok, Christmas time, so, time for digital version. It will be send by e-mail after paying for it, so, it will be one 7z file with:

1. CAR version ested with AVG CART (for 48KB+ Ataris)

2. xex version for 256KB Ataris (I dont guaranty, that all works with any RAM extensions!!!)

3. Manual in poor resolution on PDF (I don't decide yet, than it will be print or not. Good resolutions only for phisical release)

Price? 20PLN/5EU/US $6,50

• Like 7

On 11/5/2021 at 12:31 PM, Italo Marchioni said:

I just bought the catridge version by Guillermo Fuenzalida, the very same guy who did the catridge for ALTERNATE REALITY DUNGEON (this guy is awesome), an excellent work on both games, really a piece of art!!!!

As per “the last squadron” it’s a wonderful shoot’m up game, with great graphics, music, smooth game play and this version comes with 3 modes, more bosses and new levels. A MUST HAVE!!!

Thanks Guillermo Fuenzalida & Sikor for this awesome game!  LONG LIVE THE ATARI!!!

DD6BB473-886B-4506-BCDD-93CA6166E59F.jpeg

E830C725-9F4C-44F8-8D8F-D7F1A1617769.jpeg

AD0C7CC3-9DD6-4104-98BD-24569208CD5B.jpeg

Is he or anyone still selling the cart release of AR? I missed this and though I still play by disk using all four of my disk drives instead of using the cart rom, but I like physical media and want to use my disk drives, but a professionally done cart version of physical media would make me finally make the leap from original disks to rom. (on it's own cart and not on a multi-cart or flashrom)

And I would LOVE to have a new boxed version of AR, since my original is long gone and I still have the original disks and dungeon guide and hint sheet that this version doesn't have, (Though they were sold separately from the original version, so that's par for the course) and I can then store them with the new cart version too, in it's box.

Edited by Gunstar

22 hours ago, Sikor said:

Ok, Christmas time, so, time for digital version. It will be send by e-mail after paying for it, so, it will be one 7z file with:

1. CAR version ested with AVG CART (for 48KB+ Ataris)

2. xex version for 256KB Ataris (I dont guaranty, that all works with any RAM extensions!!!)

3. Manual in poor resolution on PDF (I don't decide yet, than it will be print or not. Good resolutions only for phisical release)

Price? 20PLN/5EU/US $6,50

great news, I just have one question will it be compatible with the Ultimate cart? ?

23 minutes ago, Sikor said:

I have not Ultimate Cart, so I can't cleary answer for this. But, if it's possible run on it 512KB XEGS banked compatible carts - yes.

Ok, time to start sending some copies.

I have an Ultimate Cart. I am confident it will work unless this is a rare banking scheme. 

Bob C

Well, booted up the XEX version on my Atari 800 Incognito, (there is a CAR and XEX in the zip). It took 5 seconds to load from the SIDE loader and I played the game for around 15mins.

It's very addictive and I like the additional enhancements over the original version.

I won't spoil the surprise but I think I can say that it has some good music (including pause mode music which is a nice touch). Like the weapons mechanics in-game from what I've seen so far.

Got part way into level 2 on normal mode and that was a challenge as a lot coming at you on screen from all directions with a nice variety of enemy, so this game has legs. Nice to see the levels so far have a distinctive feel.

Graphics are very well done too.

Well worth the £4 I've paid for this digital version.

Tip - I found a standard CX40 joystick a bit hard going as you are moving a lot and holding down that fire button - so I'll switch to my trusty Zipstick methinks.

Very happy. :grin:

• Like 1

Hmm, on my AVG cart working fine, game was tested also on AVG cart when was in development. I have no idea why dont run on your?

Ooo, maybe i has. If you are on any devices on SIO - simetimes CAR version don't run property, but with some devaices only.

Paweł