IGNORED

Ghostbusters Too?

Rev

On 6/25/2021 at 1:34 AM, cmadruga said:

It's looking very good!  I am not sure about the yellow container of the introductory text, though ... it looks cool, but in my opinion, a bit out of place for this game.  I admit that the bland, orange background screen with no frills of the C=64 version is a bit lame, but I am not sure that the green-yellow and orange border fits very well.

I also miss the bounding ball -- a staple of old "sing-along" cartoons -- and of course, the voice sample at the beginning; but those things are less consequential than good game-play, which you've done exceptionally. ?

By the way, would you be interested in re-tracking the song using the Intellivision Music Tracker, and having a nice multi-channel remix, complete with cool drum and percussion sounds, for the title screen?  I could help with that, if you are interested. :)

-dZ.

3 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

It's looking very good!  I am not sure about the yellow container of the introductory text, though ... it looks cool, but in my opinion, a bit out of place for this game.  I admit that the bland, orange background screen with no frills of the C=64 version is a bit lame, but I am not sure that the green-yellow and orange border fits very well.

I also miss the bounding ball -- a staple of old "sing-along" cartoons -- and of course, the voice sample at the beginning; but those things are less consequential than good game-play, which you've done exceptionally. ?

By the way, would you be interested in re-tracking the song using the Intellivision Music Tracker, and having a nice multi-channel remix, complete with cool drum and percussion sounds, for the title screen?  I could help with that, if you are interested. :)

-dZ.

I plan on having the bouncing ball included, just need to tweak the GB logo above and free up at least one sprite. For now I just did it "karaoke-style" with the letters changing colors.

Yes, I am very much interested in testing a re-tracked song with all the bells and whistles! Thanks for the offer! 

I haven't had a chance to include any voices, but I will aim to have those included as well.

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 3

Also, to those wondering about the name and account combination entered in the video, those were originally generated by someone playing on the C64.

The account system for this Intellivision version is compatible with other platforms. Only exceptions should be the CPC and Spectrum.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cmadruga said:

I plan on having the bouncing ball included, just need to tweak the GB logo above and free up at least one sprite. For now I just did it "karaoke-style" with the letters changing colors.

Yes, I am very much interested in testing a re-tracked song with all the bells and whistles! Thanks for the offer! 

I haven't had a chance to include any voices, but I will aim to have those included as well.

Wouldn't it be cool to digitize 'I ain't afraid of no ghosts' to kick in at the appropriate time?

16 hours ago, cmadruga said:

Wow!  It's starting to sound like your version is going to be worth at least $400.00.  You'll have to do something about that title screen logo if you want to match this masterpiece:

image.png

• Haha 2

The current music is a quick and dirty conversion from Russell Lieblich's version on the C64. In order to save space, I even cut it prematurely to have something for cmadruga to insert during development. If you have use of it, I can supply either raw SID2MIDI or adapted IntyBASIC syntax for further converting to the more advanced tracker, unless someone wants to re-track it from scratch.

22 hours ago, cmadruga said:

I was trying to make this fit a regular cartridge... ;-)

First Intellivision game in a Neogeo cartridge with a intellivision cartridge connector extension confirmed. Neogeo games were about 500 dollars back then(I think.). JK

This game is looking great!  Keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

The current music is a quick and dirty conversion from Russell Lieblich's version on the C64. In order to save space, I even cut it prematurely to have something for cmadruga to insert during development. If you have use of it, I can supply either raw SID2MIDI or adapted IntyBASIC syntax for further converting to the more advanced tracker, unless someone wants to re-track it from scratch.

The IntyBASIC would work.  I have a script to convert it to the Intellivision Music Tracker format, from which I can then define instruments, re-arrange patterns, and remix as necessary.

Personally, I don’t want to track it from scratch, and I do not need to:  with the notes of the melody extracted into patterns, I can then change them as needed.

That’s how I did the “Beat It” rendition a few months ago.  I just suck at playing music by ear, but I’m rather good at production, arranging and remixing.

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...
On 6/26/2021 at 2:14 PM, cmadruga said:

Also, to those wondering about the name and account combination entered in the video, those were originally generated by someone playing on the C64.

The account system for this Intellivision version is compatible with other platforms. Only exceptions should be the CPC and Spectrum.

I don't know if you need assistance in the account area. If so, you might want to check out this video, which covers exactly how the account info was storred/derived:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bikeguychicago said:

I don't know if you need assistance in the account area. If so, you might want to check out this video, which covers exactly how the account info was storred/derived:

There was a separate thread for a discussion on that topic, I think I'm the programming forum.  The good news is that the implementation is done.  Someone had found a different video and between a few of us, we reversed engineered some source code posted for an online account number generator and @cmadruga built an IntyBASIC function for it.

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay