IGNORED

Most of my 32k SGM ROMs will not load and play from the ADE

rietveld

4 hours ago, digress said:

As far as i know the sgm games , unless they were originally on the adam like dragons lair, won't run without an actual SGM plugged in.

They would fail the ay38910 sound card check that some roms check for.

I have the SGM plugged in but most still fail to load.

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

I just bit the bullet and bought the AyariMax cart.  Hopefully all the ROMs will work now

That’s a good bullet to bite!

When I get some time this weekend, I will test the SGM games that you were having issues with via the ADE. Was it just the ones you mentioned above or are there more?

7 hours ago, NIAD said:

That’s a good bullet to bite!

When I get some time this weekend, I will test the SGM games that you were having issues with via the ADE. Was it just the ones you mentioned above or are there more?

32k ROMs from ADE for the SGM
NO    Boomerang boy    
NO    Caos (HANGS AT TITLE)
YES    Caverns of titan
YES    cold blood
YES    danger tower
YES    heroes arena
YES    jetpac
NO    king and balloon
NO    kings valley
NO    knight lore
YES    majikazo
NO    mappy
NO    op wolf
NO    rally x
YES    shump
YES    shoungani
NO    so you want to be a knight
YES    stray cat
YES    super pac man
NO    traffic jam
YES    txupinazo

Edited by rietveld

On 4/29/2021 at 4:45 PM, rietveld said:

32k ROMs from ADE for the SGM

I got the same results as you did for the "NO" games with the Internal ADE Pro. However, they all worked when loaded with the AtariMax Ultimate SD MultiCart. For testing, I kept my system config the same (MIB238, 256K ME, SD DDP, Internal ADE Pro), so it should be safe to say that there are no conflicts caused by additional ADAM hardware that may be installed.

It could be an issue with how RAM is handled (if it is zeroed out or not) or possibly these games won't run from RAM but will from ROM. Your guess is as good as mine.

You also have to remember that the ADE firmware is still in beta stage even though it is very mature... especially for ADAM software and Legacy cartridge rom files.

BTW, "So You Want to be a Knight" does not require the SGM, but still will not work when loaded from the ADE. Aside from all that, it would be a very time consuming effort to test all the Homebrew releases with the ADE so it's probably a good thing that you decided to purchase the AtariMax Ultimate SD MultiCart!!!

1 hour ago, NIAD said:

so it's probably a good thing that you decided to purchase the AtariMax Ultimate SD MultiCart!!!

The AtariMax was mailed out this weekend.  I should be all set in a week or so.  Glad to hear that the titles I have will work with the new cart. Thanks for checking .