IGNORED

Personalized dust covers for the Atari XL series.

nowy80

I have prepared a design of covers for the Atari 800 XL and its periphery. The covers are made of soft ecological leather in a dark brown color. The stitching and personalized embroidery were made in beige. In addition, I can personalize the embroidery with the owner's nickname (print under the logo and equipment designation).

Ultimately, I want to prepare covers for most Atari computers, including desktop versions (MSTE / TT - keyboard, unit). For other Atari, the covers will be black with red stitching and embroidery.
- the covers are 100% sewn and embroidered in Poland
- the cover protects the computer against dust, dirt, liquid and even mechanical damage such as abrasions, etc.
- it is easy to clean and protects with skin preparations
- the cover protects the computer connection sockets, it can be used with connected cables.
- embroidery personalization is available upon request.
Covers are available on eBay. More models for Atari soon.
eBay links:

https://www.ebay.pl/itm/164834032856?hash=item2660dfbcd8:g:0qMAAOSwKXNgiZ7p

https://www.ebay.pl/itm/164834035347?hash=item2660dfc693:g:0PAAAOSw7AFgiZ8P

https://www.ebay.pl/itm/164834036977?hash=item2660dfccf1:g:zSMAAOSwAV1giZ9D

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Regards nowy80

Atari-all.jpg

• Like 6

I am sending you a photo of my Atari 800XL in the attachment. I use dust covers on wired Atari. I have a floppy disk drive connected, a tape recorder, an RGB cable (VBXE) and a wireless joystick controller. I only sell computer covers that I have in my collection.

Bez-nazwy-1.jpg

Edited by nowy80

5 minutes ago, Sugarland said:

They look nice but can you do it without the embossed 'nowy80Retro'?

Nowy80Retro is my nickname. I put my private covers in the photos. I personalize the embroidery on the covers. I can only embroider the computer's logo and its name. If requested by the buyer, I will also embroider his individual text (e.g. nickname).

• Like 1

@nowy80

Though I have a 1200X, I am very interested in the covers for the 1010 and 1050. I also would like a cover for my 1020 plotter and I think a 1010 cover would work fine for me (so no need to design one for the 1020 on my account), even with the extra paper roll cover on top, but maybe I could order two 1010 covers and you could embroider one of them with "1020" instead of "1010?"

I would be interested in three 1050 covers, but only two of them with the "1050" embroidering, and the third with only the "ATARI" and Fuji symbol; it will cover my CA-2001 drive and 1030 modem, that are stacked, nicely. If this is all possible, that would be 5 dust covers total I'd like.

But, is it also possible to purchase them from you outside of eBay? I don't believe my eBay account is valid anymore and I can't use it anymore anyway, as I refused to give them my personal bank information to deal through them, and make the switch from Paypal to direct withdrawal & deposit to my bank account. I prefer using Paypal or a credit card directly for buying online, with their protections and isolation from my other finances, and keep my bank account isolated from my on-line shopping. So eBay is no longer an option for me. 20 years of perfect, upstanding membership and reputation down the drain. I stopped selling through them several years ago anyway because of their ridiculous fees.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gunstar said:

@nowy80

Though I have a 1200X, I am very interested in the covers for the 1010 and 1050. I also would like a cover for my 1020 plotter and I think a 1010 cover would work fine for me (so no need to design one for the 1020 on my account), even with the extra paper roll cover on top, but maybe I could order two 1010 covers and you could embroider one of them with "1020" instead of "1010?"

I would be interested in three 1050 covers, but only two of them with the "1050" embroidering, and the third with only the "ATARI" and Fuji symbol; it will cover my CA-2001 drive and 1030 modem, that are stacked, nicely. If this is all possible, that would be 5 dust covers total I'd like.

But, is it also possible to purchase them from you outside of eBay? I don't believe my eBay account is valid anymore and I can't use it anymore anyway, as I refused to give them my personal bank information to deal through them, and make the switch from Paypal to direct withdrawal & deposit to my bank account. I prefer using Paypal or a credit card directly for buying online, with their protections and isolation from my other finances, and keep my bank account isolated from my on-line shopping. So eBay is no longer an option for me. 20 years of perfect, upstanding membership and reputation down the drain. I stopped selling through them several years ago anyway because of their ridiculous fees.

I prepare all the dust covers myself. I make them for devices that I have in my collection. I do not have a 1020 plotter. I cannot guarantee that the 1010 cover will fit. Of course, I can prepare three 1050 covers and two 1010 covers with embroidery according to your guidelines. There is no problem to make the purchase via PayPal. It only needs 5 days to process the order. I do everything myself. I will also send photos of the covers made after personalized embroidery.I send the package monitored and traceable. I am sending the tracking number after shipment. Please contact me via email: pawel.nowak1980@wp.pl

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nysavant said:

They look very nice.  Have you thought about going through resellers like Retro Lemon in the UK?  Might help you reach a wider market.

I am open to suggestions. I think in a month I will have about 30 models of cases for computers and their peripherals. Will prepare XE and STFM / STE / Falcon versions for Atari (also MSTE / TT etc.)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, nowy80 said:

I prepare all the dust covers myself. I make them for devices that I have in my collection. I do not have a 1020 plotter. I cannot guarantee that the 1010 cover will fit. Of course, I can prepare three 1050 covers and two 1010 covers with embroidery according to your guidelines. There is no problem to make the purchase via PayPal. It only needs 5 days to process the order. I do everything myself. I will also send photos of the covers made after personalized embroidery.I send the package monitored and traceable. I am sending the tracking number after shipment. Please contact me via email: pawel.nowak1980@wp.pl

OK, I will contact you via e-mail soon.

The 1020, without a paper roll installed and it's cover on top, has the same dimensions as the 1010. I think it will fit the printer, with the cover, but it will not hang down properly in the back, which I am willing to accept. I won't hold you liable for not fitting the 1020 correctly. I'll work with it.

I see in your forum signature that you also own a CA-2001 floppy drive. Will you be making a cover to fit it? (which will also fit Indus GT drives and several other brands) If you plan to make a cover for the CA-2001, I'll buy three of them too.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I see in your forum signature that you also own a CA-2001 floppy drive. Will you be making a cover to fit it? (which will also fit Indus GT drives and several other brands) If you plan to make a cover for the CA-2001, I'll buy three of them too.

I'm in the process of preparing dies-cut for the XE series. First of all, the dust covers for the Atari 65/130/800XE, the CA2001 floppy disk drive (I do not guarantee that it will fit Indus GT or others) and the XC12 tape recorder will be available. This is exactly the set I have. The covers will be black with red embroidery and stitching. Below is an example of a black cover with red embroidery (illustrative photo). Ready covers will be available for sale by the end of May. If necessary, I will prepare CA2001 for you now with other covers. For such a large order, I will prepare a free T-shirt with Atari embroidery and a personalized sentence for You.

_DSC3717.jpg

Edited by nowy80

Hello Gunstar

20 hours ago, Gunstar said:

The 1020, without a paper roll installed and it's cover on top, has the same dimensions as the 1010. I think it will fit the printer, with the cover, but it will not hang down properly in the back, which I am willing to accept. I won't hold you liable for not fitting the 1020 correctly. I'll work with it.

It shouldn't be too hard to measure the radius and position of the cover.  Or, since the 1020 has a cover of its own, measure where that cover is situated and leave a hole in the cover Pavel is making.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

Hello guys

On 4/29/2021 at 8:14 PM, Sugarland said:

They look nice but can you do it without the embossed 'nowy80Retro'?

You could of course choose to have a warning on the cover, something like: "Do not touch!" or "Keep your pows to yourself"  :grin:

Sincerely

Mathy

4 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello guys

You could of course choose to have a warning on the cover, something like: "Do not touch!" or "Keep your pows to yourself"  :grin:

Sincerely

Mathy

I will embroider any sentence. Very good idea "Keep your paws to yourself" :) 

I prepared a short video of my dust cover designs. It shows in a nutshell what the design of dust covers, embroidery looks like. What quality is the end product, how does it look and fit. The premiere of the video material in a few hours. I invite you to watch.

Edited by nowy80

I will not start a new topic. I prepared a design of dust covers for Atari Jaguar. The covers are made of soft ecological leather in black. Customized stitching and embroidery were made in dark red. The cover also fits Atari Jaguar with an cart. Overall, the covers get a nice review, especially in the USA, Canada, Germany, France and the UK. There were the most shipments to these countries.

Atari Jaguar - dust cover (handmade , embroidery personalization), | eBay

Bez-nazwy-1.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nowy80 said:

The covers are made of soft ecological leather

OK, so I am really curious here.  What, exactly, is "soft ecological leather"?  I mean, is it real leather, and if so, from what animal (cow, pig, sheep, goat, deer, etc.)?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StickJock said:

OK, so I am really curious here.  What, exactly, is "soft ecological leather"?  I mean, is it real leather, and if so, from what animal (cow, pig, sheep, goat, deer, etc.)?

Looks like Pleather to me.  Nothing wrong with that. I love pleather.  

• 2 weeks later...

I promised to prepare more models of anti-dust covers for Atari. Below series for Atari XE and CA-2001. I made the CA-2001 logo myself, I am very proud with it. I have already collected a lot of opinions about the covers also via eBay, incl. from the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, Scandinavian countries, Germany and France. All positive :)

Atari-130-XE.jpg

Edited by nowy80
  • Like 1