IGNORED

CC-40 Derivatives & Third Party

5 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Interesting. It's probably just a regular CC40 with a custom cart (not show here) for some specific field application. Too bad the LCD is shot...

We have the specs of the LCD now - maybe we can do like this guy and get like 250 new ones made?  Of course, we would probably want to get someone good at drawing diagrams to re-draw this in a clearer format.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 12.37.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 12.38.18 PM.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Interesting. It's probably just a regular CC40 with a custom cart (not show here) for some specific field application. Too bad the LCD is shot...

If I remember correctly, I have a metal case that once carried a saws all that is labeled AEG, so I think they produced tools for manufacturing. This was some sspecific tool, I suppose.

AEG: Allgemeine Elektrizitäts-Gesellschaft (this basically translates to General Electric Company). They make a lot of household appliances and tools (or at least they did when I lived in Germany, but I didn't see any tools on their website today).

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 11:25 AM, acadiel said:

We have the specs of the LCD now - maybe we can do like this guy and get like 250 new ones made?  Of course, we would probably want to get someone good at drawing diagrams to re-draw this in a clearer format.

That would be awesome although I'm not sure a lot of people are clamoring for this unfortunately. I have yet to see significant activity involving the CC40 despite the resolution of the storage issue with the SD solution. 

I wonder what happened to the proposed video interface...

14 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I still have to open up the one I have to see what's on the boards inside. . .

The challenge would be the embedded 4K ROM on the CPU.

I also think the E/A was the only cart to actually take advantage of it.

Were there any prototype manuals released for it?