Posted (edited)

Legends Flashback ULTIMATE - V.0.1.0

(for ALL the AtGames Legends Flashbacks. LFB 2018 - Model No. FB8650, LFB 2018 Deluxe - Model No. FB8650, LFB 2019 - Model No. FB8660 and LFB 2019 Deluxe/Special Edition - Model No. FB8660S. You MUST have Custom Firmware installed that lets you read files from the SD Card - 32GB or less.)

This will allow you to add games with box art to the main menu. It will also allow you to sort game libraries into folders. You can now Shutdown and Reboot the system from the controller or Clear the Recently Played games list. It has a Home button that will take you back to the main menu. It allows for custom themes, music and bezels. It takes advantage of overclock custom firmware. It has been loaded with more emulator cores, and even more can be added. You can change core settings if available. You can remap your buttons. It will also allow each LFB system to run its built in games from the SD Card. You will NOT loose any games. You can remove the SD Card and your system will run stock. You CAN import your /game folder. This package makes NO internal changes to your system. This is a COMMUNITY PROJECT. Feel free to give feedback or lend a hand. You can use all or just parts of this in your own projects if you wish. Thank You to R.Rifonas for the Original CFW and RocketFan for the System Changes.

LFBUltimateV.0.1.0.rar

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Now, for the Custom Firmware. Make sure you flash the CORRECT Custom Firmware for your specific model. These updates WILL change your internal system so read the notes carefully. You can always flash back to stock. Official AtGames Firmware Updates and instructions on how to flash them to your system can be found here: AFZ - AtGames

Legends Flashback 2018 & Legends Flashback 2018 Deluxe. Model No. FB8650. These are the 50 Built-In Games systems. The only difference in the Deluxe version is it comes packed with an SD Card in the box. The Custom Firmware will work for either system because they are exactly the same system. It will allow you to run files from the SD Card and has 1.2Ghz overclock built in. It is built off of the most current version firmware V.2.8.4.

LFB1V.2.8.4.rar

Legends Flashback 2019. Model No. FB8660. This is the 100 Built-In Games system. It will allow you to run files from the SD Card and has 1.2Ghz overclock built in. It is NOT built off of the most current firmware. The most current official firmware is V.0.1.17 and has online leader boards for 4 or 5 games. This Custom Firmware is built off of V.0.1.16. It has all of the fixes from version V.0.1.17, but it does NOT have the online leaderboards.

LFB2V.0.1.16.rar

Legends Flashback 2019 Deluxe/Special Edition. Model No. FB8660. This is the 110 Built-In Games system. The most current official firmware is V.0.1.8. There is NO Custom Firmware for this Model, yet.

Edited by Draxxon

@Draxxon  Thanks for making this available!  I downloaded it and it seems to be working, but I haven't gone through that much.  In the arcade section Tac/Scan and one other game are at the end of the sort instead of alphabetical.

I like your menu layout!

For anyone else:  Sound on Atari Computer and Atari 5200 is in bad shape right now.  It has to do with the differences and available parts to use between the Atari Flashbacks and the Legends Flashback.  The emulator is one I compiled from source before I realized pre-compiled cores could be found online.  However it has some nice features like an on screen keyboard that can be used to add functionality for the Atari Flashbacks. 

Long story short.  I tried the pre-compiled core tonight and it has the exact same sound issue - proving it is not my version or mods causing the issue (small consolation).

It is being worked on! 

Posted (edited)

Is the .gme extension working in the /game folder for the Ultimate pack yet?

Or custom bezels per game with restore button?

Also, there is no CFW for the LFB2Deluxe.

The menu thumbs were just whipped up because it took way longer to build and program the hub than I anticipated. LFB Home, and the reboot, clear and shutdown buttons were stolen from the AFBX Project (as you know ;)) and the system/folder "boxes" were whipped up super quick. Some were already made and decent, the rest are meh. Also, 4 missing "boxes" for the built in games were ripped from a youtube video. they are poor resolution. No one has ripped them from the LFB2D yet.

I should also note, RocketFan has a LFB1 2018 - 50 games, I have the LFB2 2019 - 100 games. Neither of us has the LFB2 2019 Deluxe.

I use a 32GB SanDisk Image Mate SDHC Card. Load times can be a little long.

b1ce4040-e736-4a86-8e6a-d8a2e0dab8f2.602cc4b3c6bf6e74ce8f99ecff6d8af1.jpeg

Edited by Draxxon

Have you got it working and tried it? any feedback?

I'm actually downloading it now I have the 50 game's version I had the most recent custom firmware with the overclock on it do I need the download both files or just the legends ultimate file?

Posted (edited)

Just the Legends Ultimate file. The custom firmware I posted is the exact same one you already have. The best way to check if your custom firmware lets you read the files from the SD Card is just stick the Ultimate pack onto your card and see if it works. There were some other LFB 50 games CFWs out there that were older and didn't have the ability to read files from the card. If you were already doing something similar, it will work.

I would also like to share, I use two of these. One black and one blue.
Amazon.com: Retro-Bit Official Sega Genesis Controller 6-Button Arcade Pad for Sega Genesis - Original Port - Black: Video Games

Amazon.com: Retro-Bit Official Sega Genesis Controller 6-Button Arcade Pad for Sega Genesis - Original Port - Clear Blue: Video Games

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG
So, the controller is great in my opinion. Real Pros may notice the D-Pad isnt made the same as the old

controllers. But it is a step up from the packed in AtGames clone pads, which for the record, I dont 

think are all that bad. These pads have a super long cord and a right shoulder button, menu, that functions

as a double for the awkward menu button on the system itself. But, it isnt quite like the old button either.

I remember the old button being clicky, this is more hair trigger, which brings up the menu and pauses

gameplay sometimes. Around $15 for the black one, $20 for the blue one. The biggest plus is you can

add coins to mame games from the couch by tapping menu button twice.

Be careful, there are also usb versions and wireless versions. the wireless come in two varieties, bluetooth and 2.4Ghz.
I hear that the 2.4Ghz are decent and the bluetooth suck. But I dont own them. I own two of the USB versions for

my sega mini, they are the same thing. Ive read reviews that the blue versions D-Pad is better/newer. I cant tell.

Again, its not bad, just different than real sega pads.

Edited by Draxxon

There is a long story behind this - which I am not going to tell.  🙂   Let's just say there was a "much more legit way" to fix this, but it only improved the sound 95% whereas this approach improves the sound 99%.

You can fix the sound issues in your LFBUltimate0.1.0 Atari Computer and 5200 file sections by replacing the retroplayer.ini files in their respective ???/data folders with the corresponding ones in the attached .zip.

You still can't bring up the on screen keyboard on legends flashback.  That means it will be impossible to set options on some games because you are missing Select and Option buttons.  The on screen keyboard will be coming soon.  I'm also thinking of a button mapping mechanism for the extra 4 buttons, so A800 games like Spelunker - which use a few keyboard keys - will be playable.  I'm trying to figure out if a single A800 core can support both Atari Flashbacks and Legends Flashbacks.

update_rpl_ini.zip

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rocketfan said:

You can fix the sound issues in your LFBUltimate0.1.0 Atari Computer and 5200 file sections by replacing the retroplayer.ini files in their respective ???/data folders with the corresponding ones in the attached .zip.

update_rpl_ini.zip 2.81 kB · 2 downloads

Thank You RocketFan. I know you've been banging your head in A800 sound for awhile. I'm glad you got it sorted. This makes for a perfect V.0.1.1 Update. About the CFW for Deluxe LFB2s... There isn't any. It still needs to be created.

Here is ULTIMATE V.0.1.2 (Update Only)
(Delete your entire old /emulator folder from your SD Card. DO NOT just copy this new one over the old one. There is a new Startup.sh file in there also, You CAN just copy and replace that file.) 
ULTIMATEv.0.1.2.rar

Edited by Draxxon

Everything works except the roms I had on my old card I put them in the folder for each system and they arent showing up I don't know if it's because I had no pictures for any of them?

Posted (edited)

you dont have to have pictures, but, you have to create an entry in the all-games.ini file found in each systems rom folder. Edit it with notepad. They look like this.

[Sword of Saros]
File=/rom/SwordOfSaros.a26
Platform=Starpath
Sort=Sword of Saros
Year=1983
Genre=console
Description=Add a game description.
Note= \
Player Mode: Single-player game

Also, you can now run any supported rom type from the /game folder without artwork. add a .gme extension after any game you want to add to the /game folder. You will need the V.0.1.2 update for it to work. It will look like this:

SwordOfSaros.a26.gme

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Legends Flashback ULTIMATE V.0.1.3 (Update Only)
Copy and paste these files over your old ones.

What's New: You now have GameGear examples in the GG folder. A Sony PlayStation folder was added, but no examples, yet. The MAME2003-Plus XTREME core was added, and there are examples. Arcade games that would not work at all before are working. They are however running somewhat slow. Minor alphabetical sorting errors were also fixed in the Arcade and NES folders.
ULTIMATEv0.1.3.rar

Edited by Draxxon

Posted (edited)

Here is an atari800_libretro.so core which can be used to replace the one in /emulator.  This file is compatible with both Legends Flashback Ultimate and Atari Flashback Nexus.

The change is that the core now allows the z button on Legends Flashback Ultimate to bring up the On Screen Keyboard (OSK).  Select the <EKB> (End Keyboard) button on the keyboard to close it.

The OSK contains select <SEL>, and Option <Opt> keys to emulate the original buttons on Atari computers.  These are used in many games to select difficulty or other options in the introduction screen.  On page 2 of the OSK are special function keys.  F1 will enter the emulator's UI.  Fire (or B for now on LFB) enters a menu, and Start button backs out.  Some of the functionality works, but some does not.  For example, you can run another Atari800 rom from within this UI.  Change settings at your own risk.  Selecting SHIFT, then F10 creates a screenshot in /emulator like the one below. 

atari000.png.0094d14be3755d57ee16d50b5702e706.png

Eventually there will be a way to map the other buttons on the legends flashback controllers to desired keyboard presses for games that need them, but that is going to take some time!

atari800_libretro.so

Edited by rocketfan
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Draxxon said:

I would also like to share, I use two of these. One black and one blue.

I ordered one of the blue ones - should be on the way.  What I would really like is one of these!  Seems like used ones go for 2 or 3 times the cost of an LFB, so I probably won't have one soon!

File:Sega-Genesis-Arcade-Stick.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

This is fantastic and way easier to work with than I had expected.  This is even easier than Retroarch on the PS1 classic or CoinOps on Original Xbox.  I tried to add Burger Time Deluxe to Gameboy and got it right on the first try.  Draxxon, Rocketfan, anyone else I am missing, you guys did an incredible job.  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Gamer2020 said:

I screwed everything up after I updated it im going to try it again

I got most of it working again the only systems I'm having a problem with are snes it won't recognize fig or sfc? And lynx got messed up snes will still work when I use my original sd card with the original custom firmware from a few years ago

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rocketfan said:

I ordered one of the blue ones - should be on the way.  What I would really like is one of these!  Seems like used ones go for 2 or 3 times the co

I havent got to SNES yet, but it should take the .fig extension. .sfc isnt supported, yet. Lynx should work, I'll take a look at it later today.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gamer2020 said:

...with the original custom firmware from a few years ago

Don't flash back and forth. This is in fact, THE SAME CFW from a few years ago. Just reposted for convenience.

Custom Firmware for Atgames Legends Flashback with support for Arcade games | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

Edited by Draxxon

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gamer2020 said:

I got most of it working again the only systems I'm having a problem with are snes it won't recognize fig or sfc?

I remembered running .fig a while back but just checked my Choplifter 3 and it would not run without a change.  Looks like the stuff below needs to be in your retroplayer.ini

For whatever folder will contain your .fig files, go into the /data sub-folder and edit retroplayer.ini, add these lines into the [Core] area:

mtfaust_pixel_format=xrgb8888
mtfaust_correct_aspect=enabled
mtfaust_h_filter=phr256blend
mtfaust_frame_begin_vblank=enabled
mtfaust_run_ahead=disabled
mtfaust_multitap=disabled
mtfaust_cx4_clock_rate=100
mtfaust_audio_rate=44100
mtfaust_thread_affinity_emu=0x2
mtfaust_thread_affinity_ppu=0x1
mtfaust_deinterlacer=bob_offset
mtfaust_slstart=0
mtfaust_slend=223
mtfaust_slstartp=0
mtfaust_slendp=238
mtfaust_region=auto

Oh yeah, and if you are going to be running these from the /game folder (like Choplifter3.fig.gme) you would want to modify the  /rom/data/retroplayer.ini - that is the one active when the system boots before you change to a different category.

Edited by rocketfan

Posted (edited)

I figured it was the core settings in the ini, I hadn't got to SNES yet. Did anyone ever get Super Mario Kart running? I remember from the GBATemp forum that that was a problem ROM for the emulator. 

Edited by Draxxon

12 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

Did anyone ever get Super Mario Kart running?

I have not tried that, but GBA MarioKart runs well. 👍🙂

Posted (edited)

This will fix SNES support in the /snes folder. (Update Only)

ULTIMATEv1.5.rar

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1