3 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Okay, this has my interest--at least enough to plop down the whopping $12.99 for 'hopefully' the right version of this thing. 

Any version of the LFB will work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Okay, this has my interest--at least enough to plop down the whopping $12.99 for 'hopefully' the right version of this thing. 

I'd been looking at those crappy little HDMI sticks aliexpress seems to have a billion of, but they cost a little more, and never seem to cover any of my old-man systems, dangnabbit! If this works out, I may be building these for my 'default xmas gift' this year.  

Nice steal!

I'm just sharing my findings I was playing sega genesis on the legends flashback and I noticed a few quirks with a few games the worst one being combat cars (the screen has alot of lines through it making it unplayable) the second one is micro machines (runs a little slow and has a black background on the intro screen instead of blue might be a pal version?) and sonic spinball (works ok but has some strange glitchy sounds throughout the game) and from as far as I can tell with the rest of everything else seems ok! I also tried messing with the SNES and still no luck getting anything to work! I even tried what rocketfan said about adding the SNES fix from version 1.5 on post #25 and its still not working I also tried replacing the core using the one from the atari flashback nexus hack with no luck

On 5/12/2021 at 2:41 AM, Gamer2020 said:

the worst one being combat cars

Yes, thank you again for providing feedback!  I see this too.  You can fix it by going in and modding a little in the /gen folder.  For combat cars change the file extension (on all three files) from .bin to .gen, then edit the all-games.ini and change the extension for that game there as well.  It should play fine then.  That uses the gen_plus_gx emulator core instead of picodrive.  Odds are better than 50/50 the same approach on the other games will solve your other issues also!

Still don't know what is up with your SNES.  I think wait for next release (at least Intellivision should be coming soon) and hopefully all the parts  will be in place.

Edited by rocketfan
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 3:07 PM, Reaperman said:

crappy little HDMI sticks aliexpress seems to have a billion of

There are tons of options for retro-gaming gadgets on Aliexpresss, but I believe these atGames devices are a pretty good bargain for anything under $40.  It amazes me atGames can sell domestically for a similar price to the aliExpress products (when these were in Walmart and etc.).  These LFB units can still be had for around $25 pretty easily and with the new firmware beat anything in the same price range from AliExpress.  BTW the software/front end is actually better on these thanks to Draxxon's efforts.

Most of the stuff from China is NOT going to run your 8-bit Atari software, BTW.  For that you need to go raspberry pi + power supply + case + controllers + hdmi cable == $70-$100 and tons of setup time.  Just saying.

Edited by rocketfan

1 hour ago, rocketfan said:

There are tons of options for retro-gaming gadgets on Aliexpresss, but I believe these atGames devices are a pretty good bargain for anything under $40.  It amazes me atGames can sell domestically for a similar price to the aliExpress products (when these were in Walmart and etc.).  These LFB units can still be had for around $25 pretty easily and with the new firmware beat anything in the same price range from AliExpress.  BTW the software/front end is actually better on these thanks to Draxxon's efforts.

Most of the stuff from China is NOT going to run your 8-bit Atari software, BTW.  For that you need to go raspberry pi + power supply + case + controllers + hdmi cable == $70-$100 and tons of setup time.  Just saying.

Ill add that if youre into modding mini systems with more stuff, it doesnt get any easier than the flashbacks (And maybe TheC64 mini, same approach, those are $35 BTW). The PSX, Sega, S/NES, NeoGeo, TG16 Mini/Classics, even the retrobit super retrocade are quite a bit harder, youre gonna want to get an OTG cable (even more expensive), and even then the folders are empty. With the flashbacks you get 9-pin legacy controller support.

What I didnt blab to the world (until now, lol) is that this pack will work on ALL LFBs because it makes ALL LFBs run as a LFB-Deluxe from the SD Card. Which means that a used $13.00 LFB1 will be a LFB Deluxe with this pack now. All 110 games with the new "box art". When I built the old packs, people would be upset that they "Lost their built in games", even though if you remove the sd card your system runs stock... er.. just remove the card to play your built in games!?!? Anyways, lol, I took that feedback and solved the problem by just "Upgrading" everyone. 

If you collect all the various mini systems and want a "Daily Driver"... shoot. this is it.

Edited by Draxxon

6 hours ago, TheRingBearer said:

So it IS possible to do this to an LFB Deluxe then?

My Understanding (I own a 2018, not 2019) - the non-deluxe LFB 2019 "custom" Firmware is going to write over your rom partition.  Means you will lose the extra 10 games included - if you boot without the SD card in place.  However, you will gain those and many more back (Colecovision, Atari 2600 & 800 , etc) from the LFB Ultimate SD card. 

Can anyone confirm they have done this?

Edited by rocketfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rocketfan said:

My Understanding (I own a 2018, not 2019) - the non-deluxe LFB 2019 "custom" Firmware is going to write over your rom partition.  Means you will lose the extra 10 games included - if you boot without the SD card in place.  However, you will gain those and many more back (Colecovision, Atari 2600 & 800 , etc) from the LFB Ultimate SD card. 

Can anyone confirm they have done this?

I can't answer for the deluxe version but I updated my standard 100 games version with the deluxe version update so I can play Atari 2600 games on it and while it would show the extra games in the menu they didn't work and some were missing pictures but other than that everything else worked including Atari 2600! The only thing that sucked is when I first had the 100 games version before I updated it the SNES emulator would run Super Mario kart than after I updated it the game didn't work anymore also Star fox and Doom runs very slow and Pilot wings crashes

12 hours ago, rocketfan said:

Did anyone see that arcade 1 up HDMI Pacman or MegaMan system I seen it at Target I was wondering if anything like this can be done with it? 

Edited by Gamer2020

16 hours ago, TheRingBearer said:

So it IS possible to do this to an LFB Deluxe then?  From everything I'd read up till now has been saying there is no custom firmware for the Deluxe so I've been patiently waiting.  😁

I dont know how to make CFW, or I would. What can be done, is you can flash to a LFB2 (100) games standard unit, loose your 10 built in games, run this pack from the SD Card and it adds them back in. 6 were actually buried on the LFB2 (100) unit. 4 were missing. I did however have to rip the "box" images for those four games from YouTube videos and they are slightly lesser quality than the real ones. I am also pretty sure you could restore it and flash back to official LFB2D firmware after that and get the 10 bonus built in games back and lose the cfw if that was your choice. You still have them down in the system, but you will be running the all-games.ini file from the standard unit and there is no entry for them.

The guys who helped with the ColecoVision pack over at the GBATemp thread both had deluxe systems. They flashed to standard. lost the 10 games and everything worked. Ugh..... what if I told you the LFB2 standard CFW was supposed to be kept private and I leaked it... I was just testing it, but the CV pack was almost done. so I quietly packed that same Test CFW in that CV pack here long ago, and once again in post one of this thread. :(  I dont know how to create CFW. I will say the persons whos CFW was leaked has spoken to me, seen the progress and the projects, and hasn't been upset with me that I know of. They actually have never mentioned it to me at all. It wasnt released because this person stop working on it for their own legit reasons. And I understand. But we had put a lot of work into the CV pack, and had started the sega packs. Only SG-1000 and SMS got completed.

Franky32 deff had a LFB2Deluxe, he also lost the ability to play .a26 Atari ROMs from the /game folder, because that core is only on the LFB2Deluxe AS WELL AS the 10 extra bonus games. I just remembered looking this all up. (Again, the ULTIMATE pack will add a stella core back, .a26 support in /game folder and main menu with art. plus a shit ton of new cores). He ditched that functionality because he really wanted CV and had my A.T.A.R.I. pack on his AFB9Gold and didnt care that he lost it on the LFB. He saw that cvlib.so file and REALLY wanted them. He tested them all. He was the real brains behind that pack, I would never know what CV Homebrew to included on my own. But he was right, the On Screen Numberpad AtGames included in that cv core (Bootleg MSXBlue core) made a lot of games playable.

Capture.PNG

There is a short list of people who have made CFW for these units...

MD_Gaster

rrifonas / rmr_md

Brad_from_the_80s

MrFister

RocketFan
...and only one, rrifonas, made some for the LFB1.

Also would like to point out, no one has dumped a LFB2D yet. I wonder what else is on it besides the 4 missing games, their box art and the stella core it is running.

Edited by Draxxon

18 hours ago, Draxxon said:

4 were missing. I did however have to rip the "box" images for those four games from YouTube videos and they are slightly lesser quality than the real ones.

Which games were those?  I MIGHT be able to help.  I've been working on art for some games to be added to my Legends Ultimate so I had created a photoshop template to use. And here's some samples of them.

Pitfall II.png

Space Harrier (Europe).png

Star Wars Arcade (USA).png

Virtua Racing Deluxe (USA).png

Legends Ultimate Boxart.psd

Um I forget, The Immortal, Eliminator Boat Duel I think were two. I could re-create some, and yours looks SWEET by the way, But I'm looking to rip the actual files. It takes a long time to make a LFB style "Box", even with a template. So, you've put in a lot of work. Thanks for sharing those here.