On 5/18/2021 at 1:21 AM, Draxxon said:

Atari BASIC got proper art. No more placeholders.

The Atari800 core got some updates.
Intellivision core, bios and folder were added. (.int extension)

Image Viewer core was added. (.bmp .jpg .gif ._png)

SNES9x core was added (.smc extension)

Original LFB SNES's [core] settings in snes/data/retroplayer.ini (edit with notepad) were added. (.fig extension)
Odyssey2, Game & Watch and Atari Lynx's emulator/runcommandlfb (edit with notepad) entries were fixed.
Replaced the 4 deluxe game's thumbnails with "MADBLURRYPIXELS" to the much nicer ones from TheRingBearer. (Thank You, again.)

UPDATE ONLY

ULTIMATEv4.0.rar 12.26 MB · 6 downloads

Thank you! Everything is working great I like the Intellivision Pac-Man! Snes works except .fig snes roms I renamed everything to .smc to get it working but I think it is running a little slower I have the 50 game's flashback version if that matters?

Posted (edited)

.fig uses the built in core (mfaust? or whatever... it needs settings files, they should be in there "/snes/data/retroplayer.ini")

.smc uses the SNES9x core, its slower, but was requested for trying games like Super Mario Kart, that didnt work with the built in emulator.

Edited by Draxxon

5 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

.fig uses the built in core (mfaust? or whatever... it needs settings files, they should be in there "/snes/data/retroplayer.ini")

.smc uses the SNES9x core, its slower, but was requested for trying games like Super Mario Kart, that didnt work with the built in emulator.

I will check it out in my computer I might have screwed something up? but yes I got Mario kart and pilot wings to work using .smc

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheRingBearer said:

Not personally interested in those.  I dont know how different the chip on this is from the ALU, but I've tried Jaguar and 32X games on the ALU.  Jaguar ran very slowly and choppy.  32X ran but the sounds were very choppy.

Neo Geo pocket and 32x! I don't know how virtual boy would work from what I remember I think the original controller had 2 d pads? And what is wonderswan?

Posted (edited)

I feel like there are a couple decent virtual boy games that may work okay. Galactic Pinball and Warioland were two I had growing up, I still enjoy them. It just depends how many buttons the game uses. Ill throw NeoGeo Pocket/Color in there too.

You guys should have 32X via picodrive and segacd via gen+gx now. WonderSwan was a Japan only handheld by Bandai/Namco. I think Pokemon Mini was another I can add. Famicom disk system is in there if you havent noticed. Pretty sure you could get the Sufami Turbo and StellaView Super Famicom stuff working here too. Probably needs bios files or something.

Other stuff thats in there and not apparent is Othello MultiVision, Phillips VideoPac+, Atari XEGS, Super GameBoy, etc.

@Gamer2020 Something I was wondering about the .fig files, The built in Super Star Wars games are .fig files. Do those work for you????
If so, try adding one .fig game in that folder (/rom).

Edited by Draxxon

42 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

I feel like there are a couple decent virtual boy games that may work okay. Galactic Pinball and Warioland were two I had growing up, I still enjoy them. It just depends how many buttons the game uses. Ill throw NeoGeo Pocket/Color in there too.

You guys should have 32X via picodrive and segacd via gen+gx now. WonderSwan was a Japan only handheld by Bandai/Namco. I think Pokemon Mini was another I can add. Famicom disk system is in there if you havent noticed. Pretty sure you could get the Sufami Turbo and StellaView Super Famicom stuff working here too. Probably needs bios files or something.

Other stuff thats in there and not apparent is Othello MultiVision, Phillips VideoPac+, Atari XEGS, Super GameBoy, etc.

@Gamer2020 Something I was wondering about the .fig files, The built in Super Star Wars games are .fig files. Do those work for you????
If so, try adding one .fig game in that folder (/rom).

Nope I just tried the super star wars .fig is still not working for me

Posted (edited)

So, I finally checked and they dont work for me either. What Im doing now is sticking an sd card into the system that has ONLY the mount and startup files on it and I am going to dump a fresh rom and emulator folder and check all the mfaust core entries in our pack and figure out where its broke.

bad core? does it need bios? bad entry in the /emulator/runcommandlfb file for the core? missing settings for the core in the retroplayer.ini file...

Ill find it.

Edited by Draxxon

Just now, Draxxon said:

So, I finally checked and they dont work for me either. What Im doing now is sticking an sd card into the system that has ONLY the mount and startup files on it and I am going to dump a fresh rom and emulator folder and check all the mfaust core entries.

Thank you! I appreciate everything believe me! I keep thinking that I'm doing something wrong?

Posted (edited)

No way man, we broke it. You are just being politely persistent to get it corrected. I get it. The SNES is a big for the LFB. It would be nice to have the .fig files running as intended. Even though you dont have a select button of this console. which is a bummer.

I did a quick test and super star wars worked on my LFB2 w/o an sd card. it was just like stock. Here is the core and the settings, freshly dumped, I dont see any bios.

Here is Rocket's custom runcommandlfb file. I'll also look there for mistakes.

retroplayer_ro.ini snes_mtfaust_skopt-arm32-cortex-a9.so runcommand.lfb

retroplayer.ini

Edited by Draxxon

Posted (edited)

here are the [core] settings

snes9x_hires_blend=disabled
snes9x_overclock_superfx=100%
snes9x_up_down_allowed=disabled
snes9x_sndchan_1=enabled
snes9x_sndchan_2=enabled
snes9x_sndchan_3=enabled
snes9x_sndchan_4=enabled
snes9x_sndchan_5=enabled
snes9x_sndchan_6=enabled
snes9x_sndchan_7=enabled
snes9x_sndchan_8=enabled
snes9x_layer_1=enabled
snes9x_layer_2=enabled
snes9x_layer_3=enabled
snes9x_layer_4=enabled
snes9x_layer_5=enabled
snes9x_gfx_clip=enabled
snes9x_gfx_transp=enabled
snes9x_gfx_hires=enabled
snes9x_superscope_crosshair=2
snes9x_superscope_color=White
snes9x_justifier1_crosshair=4
snes9x_justifier1_color=Blue
snes9x_justifier2_crosshair=4
snes9x_justifier2_color=Pink
snes9x_rifle_crosshair=2
snes9x_rifle_color=White
snes9x_block_invalid_vram_access=enabled
mtfaust_pixel_format=xrgb8888
mtfaust_correct_aspect=enabled
mtfaust_h_filter=phr256blend
mtfaust_frame_begin_vblank=enabled
mtfaust_run_ahead=disabled
mtfaust_multitap=disabled
mtfaust_cx4_clock_rate=100
mtfaust_audio_rate=44100
mtfaust_thread_affinity_emu=0x2
mtfaust_thread_affinity_ppu=0x1
mtfaust_deinterlacer=bob_offset
mtfaust_slstart=0
mtfaust_slend=223
mtfaust_slstartp=0
mtfaust_slendp=238
mtfaust_region=auto

As far as the mtfaust settings, they match what the pack has.... hrm...
i am going to swap the core in the pack with a freshly dumped one and see what happens.

If that doesnt fix them, Ill check Rocket's runcommand.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I couldnt figure it out... I did find those SNES9X settings tho. Here are the files I looked at. Maybe RocketFan can look into it.

In the meantime, you can change the .fig StarWars games, art and entry in the all-games.ini file to .smc and they will work.

Seems to me that they are slower and have a weird audio clicking. If mtfaust never get figured out, maybe we can

get a better version of SNES9X and tweak the settings. 

I'm guessing there is something strange about the mtfaust core. we checked a lot of the strange ones, like the moo core, etc.

I wonder if we missed this one. and it needs tweaked still. Hopefully Rocket can fix it. :) 

SNES - Mystery.rar

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The problem with the .fig games in /rom at least is the retroplayer.ini is missing the [Core] section and stuff from the [Global] section.  I had the problem with the Star Wars games and fixed by using retroplayer.ini from an older version.

The settings from the menu can edit the retroplayer.ini and I'm starting to wonder if under certain cases it can lose some content.  Something to watch for.

Anyway, put this in /rom/data/ to replace the retroplayer.ini there - it should solve the problem (did for me just now).  Also, pretty highly sure you can put it in your /snes/data and get your .fig files going there as well.

BTW - not for use in the other rom folders because the retroplayer.ini sometimes has specific settings for the core or roms in use in those folders.

Also BTW - that file does not have the snes9x settings - so if you want to use any .smc games in your /snes folder you need to cut and paste the core settings from Draxxon above into the [Core] section of the file below placed into /snes/data.

retroplayer.ini

Edited by rocketfan
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I think my problem was I have been working on fixing this in the emulator folder and the snes folder. I havent touched the /rom/data/retroplayer.ini (or any of the [global] settings.) Im not used to games being in the rom folder because of how the AFBX Nexus is set up. I bet that is where I went wrong. I missed the /rom/data folder. I'm sorry guys. Ill work on it now.

EDIT:
That deff fixed the super star wars games. here is a small update.

ULTIMATE V.0.4.1 (Update Only)

rom.rar

Next I will work on an /snes folder update. I will get .fig and .smc in there with 1 or 2 examples. At some point you guys will figure out that Im self taught and really dont know what Im doin at all. I just happen to have a lot of experience with AtGames devices by now. Also, RocketFan is the real brains behind everything. He is the reason everything is stable. Im just the gamer/art guy with all the free time.

Edited by Draxxon

Posted (edited)

ULTIMATE V.0.4.2 (Update only)

This should fix the SNES folder. It's working on my end.

snes.rar

What I think happened is I missed the settings for snes in the /rom/data folder completely and the /snes/data folder was missing the [global] settings. It seems to be working. Thank You to RocketFan, once again, saving the day and figuring it out! From here I will work on an update that adds other working cores.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

Speaking of SNES, since the games came in long boxes the art work looks a little scrunched on the Legends Flashback.  Here is SNES art that someone at the MadLittlePixel Facebook group put together for the Retrobit Retrocade.  Don't know who it was or I would credit them.  It's not ready out of the box, you have to go in Paint 3D, make the size 400x400 and not have the image re-size.

Retrocade artwork.zip

LFB uses size 183x255 and 122x170 pixels.

4.2 works for me! but only the SNES folder I'm going to have to play around with it to get the super star wars .fig  games and the .fig.gme in the game folder to work 

I'm guessing the /game folder is looking for the correct settings. I think its looking for them in /emulator/retroplayer_ro.ini, but probably should just wait for RocketFan before I break something. Its probably the [global] settings again. I didn't test the /game folder.

• Like 1

I got my 100 games legends flashback back from my brother to update so I downloaded the custom firmware update from the first page to an sd card and I did the update after that I used my preloaded legends flashback ultimate sd card from my 50 game's flashback and I noticed right away that the 100 games flashback runs snes .fig games slower I don't know if the overclock settings are any different on the custom firmware for the 100 games version I even tried my original sd card without the legends flashback ultimate setup and the SNES .fig roms still run slower than the 50 game's legends flashback also mame roms ran a little slower on the 100 games legends flashback I tried the built-in star wars games without an sd card and they ran slow I guess for now I will stick with the 50 game's version and load the 100 games version back to stock for my brother

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I only have the 100 games version, so I havent dug that far into performance yet. You are probably onto something.

I know that the 100 games unit has a larger NAND, but thats all I know. We have a way to see what the clock speed is

running at on each version. let me get with rocketfan and we will get the test out. But, from what I remember both

CFWs were set up to Overclock the units to 1.2Ghz, so that CPS2 games would run better. Thank you for the feedback.

It takes a keen eye to catch that type of stuff, youre the man!

I also have been thinking... FCEUMM is an available core that plays SNES, correct? It seems to me that was my perfered

core on my SNES Classic.

I wouldnt be suprised in the slightest that the 50 games version is superior to the 100 games version. Same thing happened with

the AFB9 and AFBX??? I wonder what AtGames did???

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Draxxon said:

I only have the 100 games version, so I havent dug that far into performance yet. You are probably onto something.

I know that the 100 games unit has a larger NAND, but thats all I know. We have a way to see what the clock speed is

running at on each version. let me get with rocketfan and we will get the test out. But, from what I remember both

CFWs were set up to Overclock the units to 1.2Ghz, so that CPS2 games would run better. Thank you for the feedback.

It takes a keen eye to catch that type of stuff, youre the man!

I also have been thinking... FCEUMM is an available core that plays SNES, correct? It seems to me that was my perfered

core on my SNES Classic.

I wouldnt be suprised in the slightest that the 50 games version is superior to the 100 games version. Same thing happened with

the AFB9 and AFBX??? I wonder what AtGames did???

Thanks again for everything! I hope I'm not being difficult? I'm just being honest it does work alot better on the original legends flashback I only noticed the difference because I had both systems on hand

• Like 1

Dude, Youre Awesome! Youre helping out. Thats stuff is good to know for everyone.

I dont think youre being difficult at all. Youre giving honest feedback, and thats the best kind.

I dont take any of this stuff personally, not even the art. Critique makes is better.

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 11:45 PM, Draxxon said:

I'm guessing the /game folder is looking for the correct settings. I think its looking for them in /emulator/retroplayer_ro.ini

Good thing you mentioned this.  I have always wondered about the retroplayer_ro.ini.  I saw your comment and finally tried looking into it.  Well - looks like I broke it. 😬

I think originally the retroplayer_ro.ini in /emulator down on the device (not the one copied out to the SD card) was intended to be the "master" one.  The ones called retroplayer.ini in the data folders can add settings or override it.  When I changed the retroplayers to read the theme out of the mu.x, mu.l (and mu.9 on AFBX) folders, I modified all the paths that pointed down to the original /emulator buried on the device, and I ALSO accidentally changed the one to retroplayer_ro.ini!

Bottom line:  The retroplayer_ro.ini is not currently being read by retroplayers I modded!!!  We can fix it by dropping a retroplayer_ro.ini in each of /emulator/mu.x, /emulator/mu.l, (and /emulator.mu.9 on AFBX).

I would say use the LFB2 one in the mu.l folder.  I guess the AFBX one in the mu.x folder...

This might fix some things...

BTW, when those are in place they will be used for the Game folder, but it also is impacted by the settings from whatever retroplayer.ini is in the currently selected system/set of games.

Edited by rocketfan
  • Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, Reaperman said:

I will mention that the A8 version of mario bros has the newer XE boxart, but is the older (1983?) game.  It was one of those games that was totally remade when they rereleased for the XE.

What does the cover for the older one look like? I cant find it. Please and thank you.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Draxxon said:

What does the cover for the older one look like? I cant find it. Please and thank you.

looking a bit harder at it, there is no official 1983 release.  There's a prototype (link), and an unofficial port of the 5200 version (link).

The 'good one' is the atari xe release of Mario Bros. that the collection already has the art for.  Also that's the one I completely ignored as a kid, because I thought I already had it from years ago.

If we get more pedantic on the XE releases, I believe the 'cool intro' version of ballblazer that's in the collection is from the xe release while the box art is the classic one (nobody probably cares about that one) and while the game+art on choplifter are both correct, the XE rerelease is a better game, and doesn't rely on artifacting color. I'm not really an authority on XE release differences, or the atari 800, in general. I've just been enjoying horsing around on this little cheapo flashback more than I probably should.  at a glance, it seems to me like things across the emulators I've tried, generally run too fast on it and I wonder if that has to do with the overclock.

Edited by Reaperman