Hello. I add a zx computer game in the folder game, is loading but is not working the controls, the virtual keyboard are not appear when I press select like happens with the game which is already inside the zx game list

20 hours ago, martin00000000001 said:

hello Draxxon! will Super Nes be added soon? will the controller for atari flashback work.  i was wondering if mario draw would work 

Mario Paint? I dont know if mouse games will work.

I only included the SNES emulator and section because we know the core works. But, yes, the AFB joystick will limit you to one-button games only.

I will definitely try to find some for V.1.0

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sir Daniel said:

Hello. I add a zx computer game in the folder game, is loading but is not working the controls, the virtual keyboard are not appear when I press select like happens with the game which is already inside the zx game list

I will check ZX Spectrum on my end. I didnt change anything with the core since we first included it. 

@wilfwilfus had mentioned something about the On Screen Keyboard not working with the imported favorites switch. So, I will take a look at it.

It sounds like the retroplayer running ZX got switched.

Edited by Draxxon

17 hours ago, martin00000000001 said:

just an update retrogameboyz got back to me. im sending them nexus and they are going to make a controller!!! yay! 

If anyone wants to make one like I did, I will gladly walk you thru it. Knowing what we know now about the extra buttons, someone could make it with just a couple joystick extension cable.

Amazon.com: Two 8FT 9 Pin Replacement Cable Cord Wires to Repair Atari 2600 Joystick Controller: Video Games

91aRCYgvXSL._SL1500_.jpg

Draxxon I try the extra buttons all ok with start,select and the reverse I find the combination ,just I think because of console software is possible only one fire button. The only second fire i can use is a moped up make easy the jump. Have you find a way of second fire? 

Posted (edited)

The only way I have got extra action buttons to work is in MAME by setting them to P2 controls. And building a custom arcade stick to house the P2 buttons.

I have seen some threads about modding an a2600 joystick and getting a 2nd fire button to work for 7800 and homebrew a2600 games that have two action buttons. I haven't messed with any of that yet, and I'm not sure it will work.

Edited by Draxxon

I try almost  all the pinout diagrams c64, amiga, Atari 7800. I see the second fire to work on the tester adapter I have ,but not on the console so I personally realised maybe  ,Iam wrong the console support only one fire. The only thing make my life easier is I make the p1 original joystick like a splitter and I use it only for the menu buttons.

Posted (edited)

CX40mod.pdf (bjars.com)

This is what I was looking at, I'm guessing the AFBX wont allow it???

@nems was the member who uploaded this .pdf

Edited by Draxxon

Yes I think the software of the console or the motherboard just supports like old classic 2600 one fire. The best I done until now is to use the p1 like a menu box and use a microswitch joystick with one fire and I put a extra button mopped up so is good for jump or accelerate. 

36 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

CX40mod.pdf (bjars.com)

This is what I was looking at, I'm guessing the AFBX wont allow it???

@nems was the member who uploaded this .pdf

That is basically the same wiring as the Genesis controllers, so for testing you can try and use one without all the work of adding one to an Atari joystick

rom hacks to support 2 buttons with genesis controllers - Atari 2600 Hacks - AtariAge Forums

many of the newer homebrews also offer 2-button support but are not in this list

Yes I see this video to ,I try many pinout style and I don’t think with a simple hack you can add a second fire on Atari fbx. Maybe on a retron 77 but not on a fbx , seems the software or the motherboard of fbx just not support two fire.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sir Daniel said:

@Draxxon I think this is most likely because the added game needs a keymapping setup.

@Sir Daniel  Here is the long explanation:

Colecovision, ZX, and other systems with the pop up keyboard rely on keymapping per game to get the select or whatever button to bring up the keyboard.

So, for the ZX section, Draxxon added keymappings for every game in /rom_zx/data/retroplayer.ini like this:

[KeyMappingUser]
3DDeathChase.z80=8, 1, 9, 2, 10, 11
jetpac.tzx=8, 1, 9, 2, 10, 11

You need the same for your added game.  There are many retroplayer.ini files on the system.  For /game the retroplayer.ini comes from the currently selected rom folder.  SO if you will go straight there you could add it to the /rom/dataretroplayer.ini  AND also to /rom_zx/data/retroplayer.ini.

It is a little harder, but better to add the game to the real menu in those cases!!  To do that, put the game in /rom_zx then edit the /rom_zx/all-games.ini file.  Copy one of the entries to make a new one and change the name and rom reference for your added game.  If you want artwork, you need the two artwork files same size as for the other games! 

Edited by rocketfan

Posted (edited)

i read that wrong. I thought Daniel meant all the zx games in the pack weren't working with OSK.
I think that Wilfwilfus provided the ZX keymappings. He masterminded the ZX section.

Edited by Draxxon

Thx rocket fun I will try that. For the moment I use again the old 5.5 update because I have problems in the 0.8.0 update and with the keyboard of the Atari 800. In the 0.8.0 the keyboard are not go away from the screen seems to stuck even wen the game starts.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Sir Daniel said:

Thx rocketfan I will try that. For the moment I use again the old 5.5 update because I have problems in the 0.8.0 update and with the keyboard of the Atari 800. In the 0.8.0 the keyboard are not go away from the screen seems to stuck even wen the game starts.

I noticed this change too. Maybe something was changed during the A800 core updates? I thought you could hit select to get into the OSK and hit select again to get out in the older versions.

I am pretty sure the "EKB" key (last key on page one of virtual keyboard) is the Exit Keyboard key.

Edited by Draxxon

I find this video. He explains a solution with mapping to up the second button when your Atari device is not possible to support two fire buttons.

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2021 at 12:32 AM, original_gamer said:

The Flashback X is back in stock on the AT Games site.

https://www.atgames.us/collections/consoles-portable/products/atari-flashback-x

x.PNG

SOLD OUT

I was really hoping these came back this Christmas. Maybe they just had some old stock??

Edited by Draxxon

This non support two fire buttons with the first thought seems bad, but now I think is a good think because with a raspberry pi or a laptop you can play almost all the retro games because have allot technology support .Now this project can have a unique existing because can focus on real retro old fashion machines when the technology was very simple and need good ideas to great something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

SOLD OUT

I was really hoping these came back this Christmas. Maybe they just had some old stock??

Yes is like sold old stock, before two or one year I buy a Atari flashback 8 for only 30 pounds was old stock normally the price was 100 or 80 pounds 

Posted (edited)

For the a800 you have always needed to use "EKB" in the lower right to exit the keyboard - well at least since almost the beginning.

Here are a couple of things attached.

First, if you replace your startup.sh with the one included it allows you to have a "startup" game.  To have that just place a single game in the /rom folder with the .gme extension tacked on, for example Airlock.a26.gme.  Then it will be run as the system starts.  Sorry - no paddle games because for some reason the paddles don't get set up right without the menu.

startup.sh

Second, an Atari  800 core (replace the one in /emulator) with the ability to swap the player1 and player2 joysticks.  So you can put a better joystick in the player 2 port to play single player games, and still use the special buttons on the player 1 stick.  To enable this, add the following line to your /rom_a800/data/retroplayer.ini core options in the [Core] section.   It could also be used for individual games if you wanted that for some reason. Use the exact case shown with the capital J in swapJoysticks.

atari800_swapJoysticks=enabled

atari800_libretro.so

Edited by rocketfan
  • Thanks 1