1 hour ago, rocketfan said:

If you mean wiring a button to the paddle pins - that would need a custom modified and recompiled core to test the idea.  Normally the software does not work that way - the paddles are handled as analog inputs, and then only in cores set up for it.  I will try it sometime and report if the idea can be made to work.

Rocket will be nice if you find it try even if you fail you will learn ,I learn many thinks accidentally. If I have a second cheaper used fbx and I will not care to burn it I won’t to try strange key mapping to find  maybe a new function. About paddles I try  whit not good resolution a old pin plan with a 330 ohm resistor to fake the paddle exist so I use the fire.

6C77B05A-ABC8-42CE-A7AB-98C964D3DCC1.png

2 hours ago, rocketfan said:

I believe the limit is 32Gb based mainly on the limit Windows sets for formatting FAT32 filesystems on thumb drives.  Recently I have been using a 16Gb Sandisk drive with good success.

Correct, 32Gb unless you use a 3rd party vendor. And who knows if the LinuxOS on the AFBX would recognize it.

• FAT32 max partition size - 2TB. If you have a 3TB drive, you couldn’t format it as a single FAT32 partition. Please note that you need the help of third-party partition manager to create such a large partition. If you turn to Windows Disk Management, the largest partition size it helps to create/format is 32GB.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanager/fat32-partition-size-limit.html

8 hours ago, Sir Daniel said:

I try that rocket is not working. I have a tester for joystick I see the tester to recognise the extra fire but not the fbx. I think is the motherboard have only 6 pin to take the signal the other just is not connected doesn’t do anything.

Sorry, that is not true as paddles do work on the FBX and paddles use the other 3 pins ;-) 

As for the extra button/paddle discussion maybe this topic helps: 

But I don't think it will work at all, as the FBX does not accept a joystick and paddles at the same time. 

The warning the FBX displays is correct:

warning.jpg.145c81a1a395fa136629098170b1d45e.jpg

It does not matter if the joysticks are wireless or wired. When I use my splitter to use the paddles and the original P1 joystick at the same time I can start and play any paddle game just fine. But when I want to quit the game I have to unplug the paddles first to use the P1 joystick again. The P1 joystick and the extra buttons do not respond to anything and the joysticks works great again AFTER I unplug the paddles.

But I think if you use the retroplayer from the legends flashback, you arent going to get those paddle warnings.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

But I think if you use the retroplayer from the legends flashback, you arent going to get those paddle warnings.

I am still using my modified 0.9 version. Do you have a version with the retroplayer from the Legends Flashback? I am willing to test it, to see if that one does support paddles and joystick plugged in at the same time.

Edited by Fred_M

Posted (edited)

v9 uses ALL the retroplayers.

You can check the runncommand file in the /emulator folder to see which cores are using the RETROPLAYER.L

you could maybe try renaming and putting riverraid.a26l in the /game folder and try that.

I wanna say we set it up so you can run atari 2600 with any RP, .a26 .a26x and .a26l

paddles only function properly with the RPX. (thats why all the paddle games have .a26x) RP9 is running the rest of the A2600 roms.

------------------------------------

The idea is:

wire up the extra buttons using the paddle pins.

use the RPL so paddle warning wont appear.

rebuild the cores so they recognize the new buttons.

Edited by Draxxon

58 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

The idea is:

wire up the extra buttons using the paddle pins.

use the RPL so paddle warning wont appear.

rebuild the cores so they recognize the new buttons.

Thanks for all the feedback and references.  Draxxon's summary is spot on.  The odds are a little against it working, but it is worth a try...  My old sad song - if we had the retroplayer sources the odds would go WAY up.

2 hours ago, Fred_M said:

Sorry, that is not true as paddles do work on the FBX and paddles use the other 3 pins ;-) 

No problem. I start to think is the motherboard because I try almost all the pinout. I have a small joystick tester the second fire light on the tester but always 0 respond on the console, in the end I open the joystick and wen was connected I try all the 9 cables in deferred connections again nothing. Maybe secret dark powers doesn’t let us to use a second fire button 😂

I try today a usb2 32gb flash drive and my fbx is not recognise it, format is normal fat 32 have everybody else try 32gb on a fbx?

On 7/29/2021 at 1:22 AM, YeOldeTARDIS said:

I've updated my Flashback 9 Gold.  The system is beautiful, but I'm experiencing two major problems.

#1 - The paddles don't work

#2 - A major sound glitch.  This sound glitch will happen at any time, playing a game, moving through the menus, even while doing nothing.  The sound will increase in volume and then continue with loud distortion, sometimes the sounds simply turns off, sometimes a loud static noise plays.  Usually ending the end will end the loud static noise, but when I launch the next game there is nothing but silence.

Maybe its because I playing a Flashback 9 Gold? the paddles never worked correctly on this model.

I assume most people are modifying a Flashback X, it is a better system?

Any help would be great, should I just buy a Flashback X?

Thanks, in advance.

The sound glitch has been fixed, see next post for details.

Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2021 at 3:01 AM, YeOldeTARDIS said:

Here is the Flashback 9 Gold noise glitch in action:

The sound glitch has been fixed.

I changed my SD card to a 16GB SandDisk SDHC class 4, the sound glitches are gone.

Originally I was using a very old 2GB PNY card. 

Who knew?

image0.jpeg

Edited by YeOldeTARDIS
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have regular 2019 and regular 2020 with reset hole on the bottom. No deluxes.
I also have a regular and gold AFB9.

Edited by Draxxon

Posted (edited)

There has to be a shit ton of PD games in the pack, but identifying them is the issue.

Maybe someone here will chime in. Or, download a pack of games as a cross reference and find out what is labeled as PD. Then go see if NEXUS has them or not. If not and it's something you really want for a film, I'll add it to the pack for you.

Atari 2600 - Files - PDRoms – Homebrew 4 you - Almost daily console and handheld news!

Edited by Draxxon

Is that a pre-order for the AFBX and SMS? That SMS is kind of dope. I wonder what the UI is like?

Games | Tec Toy

Edited by Draxxon

I sure do like that Master System.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Edited by Draxxon

1 hour ago, Draxxon said:

I sure do like that Master System.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Look nice but I remember wen was new the master system the shape was different and have square two buttons game pad not that, this 6 buttons is from mega drive I think. 

I also had an original master system. There have been many console shapes for it by now, but that first one was cool. I fully agree that a mini master system that looks like the original would be better. I agree about the controllers too. These look like LFB pads, but blue. I'm sure that was a cheaper way to go. So, I understand that. They may come in handy if you can add genesis games to it. I see no mention of an SD Card slot. Does TecToy have a firmware update page? Is it a rockchip device? Will OTG work? How does TecToy and AtGames work together. I've never fully investigated that. I have so many questions. lol.

I wonder what the UI is like. Is this just a repackaged Mega Drive Flashback? I kind of hope so. I wonder where it fits in with the Sega, Atari and Legends flashbacks. Maybe it's completely different. Maybe we should get one for this project and see what we can lift from it. Is it $55.00 US dollars? Am I converting Brazilian currency correctly?

That reminds me... Has anyone ripped the background UI images from the Atari Flashback 8 Activision Edition?

consola-retro-atari-hd-flashback-8-gold-activision-edition.jpg

Edited by Draxxon

It reminds me of the 2nd SMS a little bit. not much, tho. Its like the SMS2 and the BlueSGG had a kid. I feel like I'm going off topic, but, it sure looks like a "flashback".

440px-Sega-Mastery-System-MkII-Console-FL.jpg41KagyETJpL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_PIStarRatingFOURANDHALF,BottomLeft,360,-6_SR600,315_ZA12,445,290,400,400,AmazonEmberBold,12,4,0,0,5_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255,255,255.png

Edited by Draxxon

36 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

It reminds me of the 2nd SMS a little bit. not much, tho. Its like the SMS2 and the BlueSGG had a kid. I feel like I'm going off topic, but, it sure looks like a "flashback".

440px-Sega-Mastery-System-MkII-Console-FL.jpg41KagyETJpL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_PIStarRatingFOURANDHALF,BottomLeft,360,-6_SR600,315_ZA12,445,290,400,400,AmazonEmberBold,12,4,0,0,5_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255,255,255.png

Game gear was my second game console  wen I was child . Was two in one have a adpter so I play and the master system games. The sales was not good 1 reason Nintendo game boy the same year was something like fashion ,adverts everywhere,not colour screen but portable with good battery life ,all the kids we want a game boy that time was the fashion.2 reason the battery life game gear need 6 batteries and last for 0 minutes. I have game gear like a present because the store my parent visit the game boys was out of stock.

Draxxon I play today some games of ColecoVision I never know even exists for second generation  game console is perfect looks like the grandfather of Xbox ,same philosophy a game console with computer parts. 

UGH... so the SMS Evolution looks like its over a decade old. Is that running FIRECore? f*ck.