I was able to update to 0.1.21. but no matter what flashdrive i use that i put the nexus pack on, it does not show any difference either by saying that there is an external usb drive or by any change in the home screen. when i plug in the usb that i had been using before that has just roms, it shows that and those games work, but if i empty that drive and put the entire nexus pack on it, it does not show it on the home screen on the bottom left. And i have 3 other just out of the package 2.0 usb drives that i have formatted to fat 32 that do not seem to work either.

as for the coleco flashback infor, thanks for the info again guys.

well if you have version 1.21, you have custom firmware.

the pack works, I'm not sure what you're missing. I wouldn't waste time with USB 2.0 drives. Try another OTG adapter.

Maybe try a fresh download of Nexus v9. make sure you have all the files on the root of your drive.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Draxxon

Something else you can try is just putting the mount_sd.ini and startup.sh files on your flash drive all by themselves and see if you can dump your partitions.

If that doesnt work, Im guessing its the OTG adapter.

I think the same with Draxxon. In the beginning I use usb 2 with out a problem just the menu feel slow but never need extra drivers, only one of my usb totally never recognised a usb2 32 gb flash disk all the other ok.So or try another cable or another version ,try the update 0.8.0 maybe you miss a file wen you copy the files in the usb. Try also  and another zip program to extract the files like the 7zip is freeware.

• Thanks 1

so I tried everything, I switched my otg cable, I tried just adding the mount and startup files and nothing worked until I had smashed my head through the wall trying to understand why nothing worked. then i grabbed the usb that i had used as a temporary solution when i first bought the flashback as it is just a 1 gb mini sd card in a sd to usb adaptor that i bought years ago. i put it in the flashback and it still showed the roms on it and they worked. so i added every file individually until I came to the "game" file when it asked if i wanted to merge it with the existing "Game" file and then i put it in the flashback and finally it read it. so i pulled it back out and removed my "Game" folder and replaced it with the "game" folder and everything works, just with the lag that someone mentioned earlier. so first of all, again thanks Draxxon especially, this project is incredible and i've only screwed up the download of the 5.5 version. and thanks everyone else with any advice. when my 3.0 usb gets here i will try to get it working on that and i guess i should try to figure out the 9 version at some point.

all the versions are the same steps to get them working. We just added more cores and roms as time went on.

Im glad you got it sorted out.

It does wonder if the A500 sells well they produce one with a working keyboard like the C64

3 hours ago, Draxxon said:

It looks pretty dope.

It sure does.  Why won't somebody do an Atari computer mini dammit!   Anyway, there is a huge collection of Amiga games which are pretty good.  Starting them on a device with just a d-pad and buttons is tricky, but having the mouse plus support for a USB keyboard on that will make them all pretty playable.  I may have to get one!

A500 look nice just for mini version I think is expensive. Now how I can mapp keys on the version 0.5.5. I ad a game from a newer version first I have problem to load but ok wen I change the end of the file from md to bin. Now play ok but the select button is not working. This game need and the select button. In the data file I ad the mapping from version 8 but still nothing.

my guess is .bin files dont use the retroplayer.l and you cant map buttons. only the legends flashback retroplayer.l allows button mapping.

• Thanks 1

The C64 Maxi was never available in volume in North America so I never grabbed one even though I wanted it.  The mini is available but after seeing the larger version I have no interest in the mini.  Wonder if this A500 will also be just as unavailable.

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

The C64 Maxi was never available in volume in North America so I never grabbed one even though I wanted it.  The mini is available but after seeing the larger version I have no interest in the mini.  Wonder if this A500 will also be just as unavailable.

Sadly, given how many Europeans/Brits believe the Amiga was a Euro machine that hardly existed in the US...probably.

22 hours ago, Draxxon said:

my guess is .bin files dont use the retroplayer.l and you cant map buttons. only the legends flashback retroplayer.l allows button mapping.

Thx I will try this. Is possible to map buttons like left left and fire? for change the weapon in a game for example. If yes how I know the correct numbers to map?

Here is the /emulator/runcommand file. (Right click and open with notepad)

This shows you what extensions are supported and what retroplayer and core combination is set up for them.

Only extension using the retroplayer.l (Legends Flashback Retroplayer) supports button mapping.

.bin uses the retroplayer.9 and picodrive core. .md uses retroplayer.l and the gen+GX core.

#!/bin/sh

filename="$2"
ext=${filename##*.}

#Handle "default" CPU clocks.  Individual games or extensions can override.
if [ ${ext} = "a26" ]
then
   #Match the clock frequency to the Atari Flashback 9 and use the flashback 9 retroplayer for optimal .a26 operation.
   echo 1008000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
   echo 1008000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
else
   #For other games, allow highest max clock rate.
   echo 1200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
   echo 1200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
fi

if [ -f /media/usbhd-sda1/mount_sd.ini ]
then
   #This is an AFBX with a USB thumb drive.
   dev=/media/usbhd-sda1
   smenu=retromenu.run
else
   #This is an AFB9 with an SD card.
   dev=/media/usbhd-mmcblk0p1
   smenu=retromenu.run.afb9
fi

#echo "command with $# arguments was: $0 $1 $2" >${dev}/command.txt

#A .gme extesion is to allow anything to play from the game folder.
if [ ${ext} = "gme" ]
then
    gm=$(basename $filename | sed s/.gme//)
    gm="/tmp/${gm}"
    ln -s $2 $gm
    ext=${gm##*.}
else
    gm=$filename
fi  

#If the bezel mechanism is enabled (by having .../emulator/dbezel.png in place), then put a custom bezel in place as needed.
if [ -f ${dev}/emulator/dbezel.png ]
then
   rm /tmp/cbezel.png
   if [ -f ${filename}.b.png ]
   then
      #Game has a custom bezel, use it.
      ln -s ${filename}.b.png /tmp/cbezel.png
   elif [ -f /rom/res/images/dbezel.png ]
   then
      #No game bezel, but there is a "per rom folder" bezel, so use it.
      ln -s /rom/res/images/dbezel.png /tmp/cbezel.png
   else
      #None of the above.  Fall back to use the system default bezel.
      ln -s ${dev}/emulator/dbezel.png /tmp/cbezel.png
   fi
fi

#Extensions or games can have a loading and unloading shell script.  If either exists, then "source" them here.
#Mainly meant to handle customer clockrates as desired per user, but made general purpose just in case.
if [ -f /rom/${ext}.lsh ]
then
    . /rom/${ext}.lsh
fi

if [ -f ${filename}.lsh ]
then
    . ${filename}.lsh
fi

if [ ! ${ext} = "" ] 
then
  #Deal with the file based on its extension.
  case "$ext" in
   "cmd")
       filename=$(basename $filename | sed s/.cmd//)
       if [ $filename = "reboot" ]
          then
              /sbin/reboot -f
          elif [ $filename = "shutdown" ]
          then
              sync
              #Make retromenu go away.
              killall -9 -w -e retromenu.run
              #In linux/unix runlevel 0 is shutdown.
              /sbin/init 0
              #In case that takes some time, do nothing
              sleep 10
          elif [ $filename = "restore_cbezel" ]
          then
               mv -r /rom/data/retroplayer.ini /rom/data/retroplayer.bak
               cat /rom/data/retroplayer.bak | sed s/UseBezel.*$/UseBezel=1/ | sed s/BezelPath.*$/BezelPath=\\/tmp\\/cbezel.png/ > /rom/data/retroplayer.ini
          elif [ $filename = "clear_recent" ]
          then
              echo "" > /rom/data/play-data-recent.ini
              #retromenu will just recreate the file unless you re-load it!
              killall -9 -w -e ${smenu}
          elif [ $filename = "build_favs" ]
          then
              cp ${dev}/rom_favs/all-games.ini ${dev}/rom_favs/all-games.bak
              . ${dev}/emulator/make_favorites > /dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/favs_out.txt 2>&1
          else
              echo "command not supported:  $filename" >${dev}/command_err.txt
          fi
      ;;
   "goto")
      filename=$(echo $filename | sed s/.goto//)
      echo "$(basename $filename)" > /tmp/goto
      sync
      ;;
   "zip")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/lr-fbalpha.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_zip.txt
     ;;
   "zi3")
      fnew=$(basename $gm | sed s/.zi3//)
      ln -s $gm /tmp/${fnew}.zip
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/km_mame2003_xtreme_libretro.so /tmp/${fnew}.zip >${dev}/output_zip.txt 2>${dev}/error_zip.txt
      rm /tmp/${fnew}.zip
     ;;
   "zin")
      fnew=$(basename $gm | sed s/.zin//)
      ln -s $gm /tmp/${fnew}.zip
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/fbneo_libretro.so  /tmp/${fnew}.zip >${dev}/output_zip.txt
      rm /tmp/${fnew}.zip
      ;;
   "int")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/freeintv_libretro.so $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_int.txt 2>${dev}/error_int.txt
      ;;
   "pce")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.so $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_pce.txt
      ;;
   "sgx")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/mednafen_supergrafx_libretro.so $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_sgx.txt
      ;;
   "cv")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/libcv.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_cv.txt
      ;;
   "zim")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/lr-mame2000.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_zim.txt
     ;;
   "zim9")
      fnew=$(basename $gm | sed s/.zim9//)
      ln -s $gm /tmp/${fnew}.zim
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.9 ${dev}/emulator/lr-mame2000.so  /tmp/${fnew}.zim >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_zim.txt
      rm /tmp/${fnew}.zim
      ;;
   "ziml")
      fnew=$(basename $gm | sed s/.ziml//)
      ln -s $gm /tmp/${fnew}.zim
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/lr-mame2000.so  /tmp/${fnew}.zim >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_zim.txt
      rm /tmp/${fnew}.zim
      ;;
   "lnx")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/handy_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_lnx.txt
      ;;
   "nes")
   /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.9 ${dev}/emulator/quicknes_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_nes.txt
      ;;
   "nesl")
      fnew=$(basename $gm | sed s/.nesl//)
      ln -s $gm /tmp/${fnew}.nes
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/quicknes_libretro.so  /tmp/${fnew}.nes >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_nes.txt
      rm /tmp/${fnew}.nes
      ;;
   "a26")
     /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.9 ${dev}/emulator/stella_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_a26.txt
     ;;
   "a269")
     fnew=$(basename $gm | sed s/.a269//)
      ln -s $gm /tmp/${fnew}.a26
     /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.9 ${dev}/emulator/stella_libretro.so /tmp/${fnew}.a26 >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_a26.txt
     rm /tmp/${fnew}.a26
     ;;
   "a26x")
     fnew=$(basename $gm | sed s/.a26x//)
     /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/stella_libretro.so $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_a26x.txt
     rm /tmp/${fnew}.a26
     ;;
   "a26l")
     fnew=$(basename $gm | sed s/.a26l//)
     /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/stella_libretro.so /tmp/${fnew}.a26 >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_a26.txt
     rm /tmp/${fnew}.a26
     ;;
   "sfc")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/snes9x_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;#>${dev}/output_sfc.txt
     ;;
   "fig")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/snes_mtfaust_skopt-arm32-cortex-a9.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;#>${dev}/output_fig.txt
     ;;
   "26a")
     fnew=$(basename $gm | sed s/.26a//)
     /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/stella_libretro.so.6_1_5512 /tmp/${fnew}.a26 >/dev/null 2>&1 ;#  >${dev}/output_26a.txt
     rm /tmp/${fnew}.a26
     ;;
   "a78")
     /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/prosystem_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_a78.txt
     ;;
    "bin")
     /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.9 ${dev}/emulator/picodrive_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_pico.txt
     ;;
   "atr")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/atari800_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_a800.txt 2>${dev}/error_a800.txt
     ;;
   "sap")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/gme_libretro.so $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_sap.txt 2>${dev}/error_sap.txt
     ;;
   "vgz")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/gme_libretro.so $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_vgz.txt 2>${dev}/error_vgz.txtere
     ;;
   "ody")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/o2em_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_ody.txt
     ;;
   "mp3")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/pocketcdg_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_mp3.txt
     ;;
   "cdg")
      #Special handling for the /game folder because there is a pair of files, cdg + mp3.
      if [ ! $gm = $filename ]
      then
           # This must be from /game - make a link to the mp3 also.
           fnew=$(basename $gm | sed s/.cdg//)
           ln -s ${dev}/game/${fnew}.mp3  /tmp/${fnew}.mp3
      fi
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/pocketcdg_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_cdg.txt
      if [ -f /tmp/${fnew}.mp3 ]
      then
          rm /tmp/${fnew}.mp3
      fi
      ;;
   "gb")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/mgba_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_gb.txt
     ;;
   "gbc")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/mgba_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_gbc.txt
     ;;
   "gba")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/mgba_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_gba.txt
     ;;
   "vb")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/mednafen_vb_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_vb.txt
     ;;
   "min")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/pokemini_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_min.txt
     ;;
   "mgw")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/gw_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_mgw.txt
     ;;
   "z80")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/fuse_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_z80.txt
     ;;
   "tzx")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/fuse_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_tzx.txt
     ;;
   "t64")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/vice_x128_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_t64.txt
     ;;
   "tap")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/fuse_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_tap.txt
     ;;
   "jag")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/virtualjaguar_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_jag.txt
     ;;
   "fds")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/nestopia_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_fds.txt
     ;;
   "ws")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/mednafen_wswan_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_ws.txt
     ;;
   "wsc")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/mednafen_wswan_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_wsc.txt
     ;;
   "ngp")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/mednafen_ngp_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_ngp.txt
     ;;
   "ngc")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/mednafen_ngp_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_ngc.txt
     ;;
   "bas")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/atari800_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_a800.txt 2>${dev}/error_a800.txt
     ;;
   "car")
     ;;
   "xex")
     ;;
   "a52")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/atari800_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_a52.txt 2>${dev}/error_a800.txt
     ;;
   "bmp")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/image_core.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1
     ;;
   "gif")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.x ${dev}/emulator/image_core.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1
     ;;
   "_png")
     ;;
  "jpg")
     ;;
 "flv")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/ffmpeg_libretro.so $gm >/dev/null 2>&1
     ;;
  "avi")
      /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/ffmpeg_libretro.so $gm >/dev/null 2>&1
     ;;
  "mpg")
     ;;
  "game")
 /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/dinothawr_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1
     ;;
  "32X")
     /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/picodrive_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_32X.txt
     ;;
  "chd")
     /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_SCD.txt
     ;;
   "sms")
    /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_sms.txt
     ;;
   "md")
    /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_md.txt
     ;;
   "gg")
    /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_gg.txt
     ;;
   "tic")
    /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/tic80_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_tic.txt
     ;;
   "p8")
    /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/retro8_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_p8.txt
     ;;
   "lutro")
    /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.l ${dev}/emulator/lutro_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_lutro.txt
     ;;
   "uex")
 /usr/bin/startx $gm >/dev/null 2>&1
     ;;
   *)
    /usr/bin/startx /tmp/retroplayer.9 ${dev}/emulator/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so  $gm >/dev/null 2>&1 ;# >${dev}/output_gen.txt
     ;;
  esac
fi

#Back to the menu - drop the frequency for "idle" mode.
echo 816000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo 816000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

#Extensions or games can have a loading and unloading shell script.  If either exists, then "source" them here.
#Mainly meant to handle customer clockrates as desired per user, but made general purpose just in case.
if [ -f /rom/${ext}.ush ]
then
    . /rom/${ext}.ush
fi

if [ -f ${filename}.ush ]
then
    . ${filename}.ush
fi

#Allow a restart whenever we return from a game.
if [ -f ${dev}/emulator/restart_return ]
then
fi

exit

Edited by Draxxon

The read me file that comes with v9 talks about button mapping briefly.

* KEYMAPPING *
To map keys the ROM has to be ran using the Legends Flashback Retroplayer.
to set the buttons go to /rom_alt/data/retroplayer.ini and edit it.

#RETRO        B    Y    SLT  STA  UP   DWN  LEFT RGT  A    X    L    R    L2   R2   L3   R3
#INDEX        0    1      2      3    4       5        6    7     8    9   10   11   12   13   14   15

Here are some ini file entry examples:

[KeyMappingUser]
Frogger.int=1, 8, 9, 2, 10, 11
Qbert.int=1, 8, 9, 2, 10, 11
Zaxxon.int=1, 8, 9, 2, 10, 11
RiverRaid.int=1, 8, 9, 2, 10, 11
Pac-Man.int=1, 8, 9, 2, 10, 11

The 1st number is Fire Button, 3rd and 4th are Select and Start Buttons, IIRC. 2nd, 5th and 6th are unused.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2021 at 3:51 PM, Draxxon said:

The read me file that comes with v9 talks about button mapping briefly.

* KEYMAPPING *
To map keys the ROM has to be ran using the Legends Flashback Retroplayer.
to set the buttons go to /rom_alt/data/retroplayer.ini and edit it.

#RETRO        B    Y    SLT  STA  UP   DWN  LEFT RGT  A    X    L    R    L2   R2   L3   R3
#INDEX        0    1      2      3    4       5        6    7     8    9   10   11   12   13   14   15

Here are some ini file entry examples:

[KeyMappingUser]
Frogger.int=1, 8, 9, 2, 10, 11
Qbert.int=1, 8, 9, 2, 10, 11
Zaxxon.int=1, 8, 9, 2, 10, 11
RiverRaid.int=1, 8, 9, 2, 10, 11
Pac-Man.int=1, 8, 9, 2, 10, 11

The 1st number is Fire Button, 3rd and 4th are Select and Start Buttons, IIRC. 2nd, 5th and 6th are unused.

Thx Draxxon i find a way I change the core file and the runcomad and now is record nice the md games but interesting all this about mapping I have a idea how is working now. The only strange problem in all nexus versions is the game gear game Sonic Chaos stop when you have to choose haracter I press all the buttons but the game don’t select sonic or tails to move on.

you can disable rewind in the retroplayer.ini file.

[Rewind]
VideoChess.a26=2
Amidar.a26=0

2 hours ago, Draxxon said:

you can disable rewind in the retroplayer.ini file.

[Rewind]
VideoChess.a26=2
Amidar.a26=0

Thx. This I have to do it in the nexus files system in the usb or I have to plug the fbx on a pc? And just I delete this two files and after will stop to work?

you go to /rom_alt/data/retroplayer.ini and edit the file with notepad. Under [Rewind] add an entry for the game you want rewind disabled for.

example

[Rewind]

RiverRaid.a26=0

Thx draxxon I will try this. So this is the solution for the second fire the select for jump and the other for fire. The problem was the rewind mess with the select all the time. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Sir Daniel said:

Thx draxxon I will try this. So this is the solution for the second fire the select for jump and the other for fire. The problem was the rewind mess with the select all the time. 

Cool, let us all know how it goes.

😂 Is working! Two fires at last I use the select for jump because is not perfect but with out rewind is ok I can play Ristar a sega game I have that game and in my old sega console. If just disable rewind for some old games the select can used for jump button.

• Like 1