Posted (edited)

i think the O2em core supports Videopac. arent the Videopac games in the Odyssey2 folder?

ChineseLogic.ody.png

I remember something in the libretro docs about it, saying something...?

BIOS Files:

"Currently the libretro core only works with the o2rom.bin. As a workaround for playing Videopac+ games, you can rename the g7400.bin firmware file into o2rom.bin, and the core plays it correctly as a Videopac+ game."

All of the Bios.bin files are in the /rom_o2 folder. So they are in there if you want to mess around with it. Most of my troubles with the /rom_o2 folder was not knowing some games required P2 joystick to play the game after starting it with the On Screen Keyboard from P1 joystick.

Edited by Draxxon

In the good news,

I have been able to add games to arcade folder with images

great, small first, step

-is the number of folders limited?

-is the numer of games per folder limited?

-is it possible to do subfolder?

I might answer my own questions as I am going to make my Mame, only SD cart ;)

• Like 1

So far the Nexus v6 beta has worked for everyone else.

1. no, any number of folders

2. no, but after around 400-500 games and it will take longer than 4 seconds to load the folder.

3. yes, you can have as many subfolders as you want.

On 5/11/2021 at 3:23 PM, lucifershalo said:

I will try more games tomorrow from A5200 folder, but vanguard, Centipede 5200 and Battlezone dont work for me....garbled image

Hello!  since you are on a PAL TV, just try specifying PAL in your core settings as a first step - see if it helps:

So for 5200 games:

edit /rom_a5200/data/retroplayer.ini

change the line in the core section from NTSC to PAL:

atari800_resolution=336x240
atari800_system=130XE (128K)
atari800_ntscpal=PAL

Posted (edited)

The Atari BASIC section got a complete overhaul. No more generic box art placeholders. I tried to use as much "Official" art as I could.

CHICKEN.bas.pngsabotage.bas.pngAcrobat.bas.pngmonkymth.bas.pnglunrland.bas.png

BOXIN.bas.pngEscapeps.bas.pngRISKY.bas.pngMaximillianB.bas.pngREBOUND.bas.png

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, rocketfan said:

Hello!  since you are on a PAL TV, just try specifying PAL in your core settings as a first step - see if it helps:

So for 5200 games:

edit /rom_a5200/data/retroplayer.ini

change the line in the core section from NTSC to PAL:

atari800_resolution=336x240
atari800_system=130XE (128K)
atari800_ntscpal=PAL

Hi,

the retroplayer.ini file is empty , nothing in it .....that might be the problem

3 hours ago, lucifershalo said:

the retroplayer.ini file is empty , nothing in it .....that might be the problem

Yes, the core settings are needed.  You could just re-extract the one from Draxxon's distribution, or here is the rom_a5200 file you can place there to start with.

retroplayer.ini

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The favorites folder is working. But the paths for the roms in other folders is going to be different for AFB9 vs AFBX.

AFB9: (SD Card)

File=/media/usbhd-mmcblk0p1/rom_a2600/RiverRaid.a26x

AFBX: (Flash Drive)
File=/media/usbhd-sda1/rom_a2600/RiverRaid.a26x

rom_favs.goto.png

RocketFan also mentioned possibly creating a command/switch to import all your favorites you have set in other folders to the Favorites folder. That sounds awesome to me.

Edited by Draxxon

NEXUS V.0.5.7 (Update Only)

Small update for the Atari BASIC section's "box art". Enjoy.

NEXUSv5.7.rar

Hi, would there be a chance to add an ATARI ST emulator to the Atari Flashback NEXUS because I wanted to play a game like this: 
https://wowroms.com/en/roms/atari-st / les-tuniques-bleues-north-and-south- st / 114033.html

Congratulations on an excellent project.
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I dont think that an Atari ST emulator (Hatari, Steem, etc.) is in the list list of prebuilt cores. :( 

I know that RocketFan has been tinkering with the Daphne core and an .mp3 player core. Maybe one day an ST core can be looked into. I'm all for it, but it isn't anything I could create. Rocket is a busy guy with a lot going on. (Who has done a lot already!)

I am currently working in the Atari 2600 section. Right now it is (NTSC) only. I'm converting it to (WORLD) releases. The section will contain ALL retail games and prototypes.

Edited by Draxxon

On 5/11/2021 at 11:26 AM, Draxxon said:

And if anyone ever figures out how to get other controllers working, then this pack is somewhat future proof.

Other mini consoles have USB controller support through OTG on the micro USB ports for retroarch. I wonder if the same could be figured out for the Flashbacks?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gotham said:

Other mini consoles have USB controller support through OTG on the micro USB ports for retroarch. I wonder if the same could be figured out for the Flashbacks?

So far, no one has. We are running the flashdrive (on the AFBX) through the micro USB via OTG already. 

3 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

So far, no one has. We are running the flashdrive (on the AFBX) through the micro USB via OTG already. 

I imagine even if it does get figured out (like using those octopus style OTG cables for multiple ports), you'd still need to use the actual flashback joystick to navigate the main menu.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gotham said:

I imagine even if it does get figured out (like using those octopus style OTG cables for multiple ports), you'd still need to use the actual flashback joystick to navigate the main menu.

I could handle that. shoot, even mouse/keyboard support would be nice. Only thing is I have no idea how much RetroArch (Retroplayer) on the AFBs got stripped down.

Edited by Draxxon

Posted (edited)

@Draxxon

Hey man..  you must be getting sick of all the questions already,

but you seem to be knowledgeable and a nice guy, so it's my turn:

I just got a flashback X (3060) not deluxe,

first things first I plugged it in, I got the menu and navigate it, all good,

when I pressed start or fire button the screen turn black and nothing happen, couldn't go back to the menu either.. only power off/on works.

I said [email protected] it, downloaded the official (correct) firmware update, flashed it successfully through RKDevTool and turned it off.

On power on I got a Android recovery screen with various options, I can move my selection up and down but nothing else I can do..

what now ? ☹️

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TIX

Posted (edited)

@DraxxonThe acrobat cover you made is taken from the Italian pirated series published by Lindasoft and is part of a generic cover series. There are over a dozen Lindasoft games with the same cover. Maybe you can use the official graphic made by Compute Magazine? You can find it here: https://archive.org/details/1985-02-compute-magazine/page/n57/mode/2up

By the way, my compliments for the Nexus Project! I bought a Flashback X a few days ago just to use your software 🙂 I will try to flash it this weekend ;-) 

Edited by Fred_M

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TIX said:

@Draxxon

Hey man..  you must be getting sick of all the questions already,

but you seem to be knowledgeable and a nice guy, so it's my turn:

I just got a flashback X (3060) not deluxe,

first things first I plugged it in, I got the menu and navigate it, all good,

when I pressed start or fire button the screen turn black and nothing happen, couldn't go back to the menu either.. only power off/on works.

I said [email protected] it, downloaded the official (correct) firmware update, flashed it successfully through RKDevTool and turned it off.

On power on I got a Android recovery screen with various options, I can move my selection up and down but nothing else I can do..

what now ? ☹️

Thanks in advance.

From what Ive seen, if everything powers on as normal and you get black screen and no game launch, its the TV or the HDMI cable, maybe??? Or defective unit.

If you flash firmware and get a black screen, it was a bad flash, maybe???

I don't think the Android Recovery options work at all. @MrFister 1st noticed that the Recovery options NEVER work on the AFB9s. I would try to push a full AFBX update onto the unit with Android Tools. If you power on to the Recovery screen, Im guessing youre just stuck in Recovery mode. Hopefully youre not hard bricked.

Edited by Draxxon

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fred_M said:

@DraxxonThe acrobat cover you made is taken from the Italian pirated series published by Lindasoft and is part of a generic cover series. There are over a dozen Lindasoft games with the same cover. Maybe you can use the official graphic made by Compute Magazine? You can find it here: https://archive.org/details/1985-02-compute-magazine/page/n57/mode/2up

By the way, my compliments for the Nexus Project! I bought a Flashback X a few days ago just to use your software 🙂 I will try to flash it this weekend ;-) 

Yes, Acrobata was the only "cover" I could find, so I tweaked it. I didn't know it was a generic cover. I will make a proper one. Thank you for letting me know!! It really helps. Ill turn this official image into a "Compute!" cover. Thanks again.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Draxxon
  • Thanks 1

Super Super dumb question as I have only recently received a FB9 Gold HDMI. I upgraded the firmware from the FB9 thread and loaded games on. 

This seems way more powerful, but what does it actually give me in addition to the old upgrade?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Draxxon said:

I dont think that an Atari ST emulator (Hatari, Steem, etc.) is in the list list of prebuilt cores. :( 

I know that RocketFan has been tinkering with the Daphne core and an .mp3 player core. Maybe one day an ST core can be looked into. I'm all for it, but it isn't anything I could create. Rocket is a busy guy with a lot going on. (Who has done a lot already!)

I am currently working in the Atari 2600 section. Right now it is (NTSC) only. I'm converting it to (WORLD) releases. The section will contain ALL retail games and prototypes.

Ok thank you for your answer.

Edited by Pablo1

Posted (edited)

Folders

"goto" folder command

Shutdown from menu

Reboot from menu

clear recently played games list

run any type of supported rom from the /game folder

run "retroarch" from the AFB9, AFBX or Legends Flashback

stella 6.1 (Slow) emulator core

numerous cores for other systems from the LFB, the list of prebuilt cores or created by RocketFan himself.

Atari 2600, 400/800, 5200, 7800, XEGS and Lynx support (one button games only)

ability to add games to the system with box art

thousands of preloaded games with artwork

ability to change the menu images and BGM (themes)

edit menu items that were previously hardcoded

ability to run games with dynamic overclock rates

run any number of custom bezels on a per game basis

a prebuilt pack that works on the AFB9s or the AFBXs (and can readily be cut & pasted to the LFBs and Sega Genesis FBs)

NOTE: the trick is flashing your system. if you already have some type of custom firmware running, you DONT HAVE TO FLASH ANYTHING NEW. TBH, I dont understand how people screw up the flash. Get the CORRECT firmware. Use a highspeed sd card or flash drive when flashing updates. let the update finish, dont unplug the system, get anxious and power off/reset, etc. I have really never had an issue, ive been flashing stuff and adding stuff for two years almost.

I really DONT KNOW how people are screwing up the flash. flashbacks are cheap systems in general, prone to dying during a flash?? shitty usb devices and sd cards not flashing correctly? the user interrupting the update? FLASHING THE WRONG FIRMWARE. It has to be one of those things IMO.

Edited by Draxxon

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Draxxon said:

Yes, Acrobata was the only "cover" I could find, so I tweaked it. I didn't know it was a generic cover. I will make a proper one. Thank you for letting me know!! It really helps. Ill turn this official image into a "Compute!" cover. Thanks again.

Capture.PNG

Looks good 👍

If you need covers for specific games you are welcome to check the covers of my collection. https://atarimuseum.nl/atari-cover-database/ I would be happy to send you scans without watermarks.

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 1