6 minutes ago, rocketfan said:

That is a great game!  I'm getting excited to play some of these with an Atari joystick. 🙂

Sure is! I think it's just as good a game as Defender or Joust. 🙂

16 minutes ago, rocketfan said:

That is a great game!  I'm getting excited to play some of these with an Atari joystick. 🙂

Me too..

actually I used my CX40 sticks on all my gaming machines up to the Amiga 😃

2600 -> Spectrum -> Atari XL -> C64 -> Amiga

I had a very hard time adjusting to gamepads when I recently came back to classic gaming..

Posted (edited)

so did jetpacks extension get changed to .z80 to work? or was a new case made in runcommand for the .tzx extension?

Edited by Draxxon

Had to make a new case in runcommand, I wondered why it wouldn't boot at 1st lol. Didn't try changing the extension, might have been easier to do I guess.

The Jetpac.tzx rom is a slightly larger file than the z80 rom for some reason, just seems a better version that works.

• Thanks 1

AFB NEXUS V.0.6.10 (Update Only)

.tzx support for the ZX Spectrum. Atari XEGS Theme Update. All the Atari folders now have some kind of theme.

NEXUSv6.10.rar

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I am pulling all of the BGM from here: If anyone wants something different in there, there aren't many that I'm attached too. I just listen to a lot of these until I find something I feel fits.
Free Music Archive: Chiptune

AFB NEXUS V.0.6.11 (Update Only)

IntelliVision Theme (codename: Totaled Tom), Audio Update.

NEXUSv6.11.rar

Edited by Draxxon

I have just a minute to comment.  I finally put together all the updates this morning.  There is a lot going on!

I really like the unique themes all over the place.  The Intellivision music is really good feel for the platform, IMHO.  Also, played a couple games of jetpack on the ZX Spectrum "Flashback" - so cool and plays great.

Thanks everyone for keeping it rolling!  I should have a bit more time the coming weekend to look at some things myself.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm thinking sometime soon I wont have as much time to work on it. I'm trying to get all my ideas in before that happens. Ive got 5 more themes to go. TG16, Odyssey², LCD, NES, C64. All of the Atari and Virtual Flashback folders have a theme now. I work on it all the time. (I think I may have had a birthday too, IDK, too busy, lol)

I have had no luck getting Vic-20 games to work, it seems like the vice-vicx core is breaking the "gotos". I'll try C64 games, hopefully they will work. If C64 is a no go, then we will remove the section. If I can find a few more Gameboy 1buttoners, I may split NES and GBA into two sections.

Edited by Draxxon

1 hour ago, lucifershalo said:

thanks to all of you for that wonderful project.....

too bad for the Vic 20 games 😕

I hadnt forgotten, we have been trying behind the scenes. I havent completely given up on C64 though :) 

AFB NEXUS V.0.6.12 (Update Only)

LCD Games theme, Odyssey² theme and TurgoGrafx-16 theme. (NES and C64 is all that's left.)

NEXUSv6.12.rar

Posted (edited)

AFB NEXUS V.0.6.13 (Update Only)

This fixes the missing System Shutdown switches in the remaining sections.

NEXUSv6.13.rar

Edited by Draxxon

11 hours ago, Draxxon said:

If I can find a few more Gameboy 1buttoners

Here is a homebrew version of jetpack for gameboy - just tried and it works. 

Button mapping for the retroplayer.ini:

JetPackDX.gb=8, 1, 9, 0, 10, 11

Nice version!  I still like the original better though.

Also, BTW button mapping for Castelian (aka Nebulus, aka Tower Toppler - Hewson Game) is in there, but not the game.  I believe it is a 1-buttoner.

Castelian.nes=8, 1, 9, 0, 10, 11

JetPakDX.gb.gme

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I got JetpackDX (is that really a .gb game or is it a .gbc game?) in there. I must have missed Castelian, that is in there too. Sega section got broken up into Genesis (Flashback), MasterSystem, GameGear and SG-1000. NES got split into NES and GameBoy. The Sega themes are all finished. All that remains is the Nintendo themes and figuring out C64.

The next release will be a FULL version.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

NEXUS NEWS:
The Magnavox Odyssey² and Phillips VideoPac+ section were split up. They each got new, and unique, themes.

NES and GBA got split up into separate sections. Right now they have some simple placeholder themes.

Genesis, MasterSystem, Game Gear and SG-1000 got split into separate sections. They all have a Sega Flashback style theme.
Commodore64/128 .t64 support was added.

Fairchild Channel F got its own section. Channel F .chf support was added.

All of the missing Shutdown switch errors were corrected.

All of the missing Bezel Selector images were found and fixed.
Every section got unique bezels that reflect the system section.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Draxxon said:

NEXUS NEWS:
The Magnavox Odyssey² and Phillips VideoPac+ section were split up. They each got new, and unique, themes.

NES and GBA got split up into separate sections. Right now they have some simple placeholder themes.

Genesis, MasterSystem, Game Gear and SG-1000 got split into separate sections. They all have a Sega Flashback style theme.
Commodore64/128 .t64 support was added.

All of the missing Shutdown switch errors were corrected.

All of the missing Bezel Selector images were found and fixed.
Every section got unique bezels that reflect the system section.

Great, waiting for the new release ;)

3 hours ago, Draxxon said:

NEXUS NEWS:

That's pretty cool.  Not a system I ever planned to play around with but one that is an important part of the history of gaming.

Now if only there was a core for playing Emerson Arcadia 2001 games.  Most of the games are terrible but other than a single emulator for Windows I have never seen this system represented.

On 5/22/2021 at 4:35 PM, Draxxon said:

Personally for NEXUS I like original box art and for the LFB project I like type A with the white box around the screenshot. 
But, it takes so long to make LFB style boxes.

I do like the ones you have with the system in the lower left, but that is even more work for boxes, and there are thousands now. I worry how long it would take to convert them all. But, it does look great.

Well, I made several of the style with the System in the lower left and i am using them on the Legends Ultimate.  Looks better than the arcade flyers.  lol

20210529_130615.jpg

20210529_130630.jpg

20210529_131620.jpg

20210529_131634.jpg

• Like 1

YES! Much better than the flyers! That's really sweet.

It's cool to see this stuff on the Legends Ultimate. I have a Core unit, I haven't added anything to it yet.

Posted (edited)

NEXUS NEWS:

Wilfwilfus and LucifersHalo have been helping me out a lot behind the scenes. Thank You, guys.

All of the Atari 5200 games were added.

Atari 5200 3D Box Art was added.

New Atari 2600 Homebrew games were added.

More ZX Spectrum games were added.
The Atari 5200 games that were ported to Atari 800 have been moved back to the Atari 800 section.
Commodore64: I've had no luck getting BubbleBobble.t64 to load.

Channel F: I can get bowling.chf to start, but I can't figure out the OSK and Joystick.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Draxxon said:

Commodore64: I've had no luck getting BubbleBobble.t64 to load.

I have had a similar lack of luck with vic-20.  I spent a couple of hours on it last night.  I got past the runcommand issues, but so far with several different types of roms and multiple attempts at modifying core options, all I ever reach is a blank screen.  🤨  I'm starting to think the vice-cores do something that does not play well with the atGames retroplayers.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rocketfan said:

I'm starting to think the vice-cores do something that does not play well with the atGames retroplayers.

I agree with this. I've had no luck with anything I've tried all day long. Just black screens. I dont know enough to figure it out.

Atari Flashback NEXUS V.0.7.0 (FULL UPDATE) 

CODENAME: Sea-Sandy Cyst

Theme/Audio update. About half of the crummy techno chiptunes are gone. 
In is the music from the Atari Vault, TG-16 mini, TheC64, Genesis mini, NES Classic, WiiStore and Miitomo Music Store menus.
Fairchild Channel F (still under testing) and the NES section got new themes.

NEXUSv7.rar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

yes, but im ready for a small break.

what kind of changes are you ready for now? I can teach you how to move anything from this project to the LFBs. It's easy.
I plan to get neogeo pocket and virtualboy in there. probably add ZX Spectrum as well.

Edited by Draxxon