3 hours ago, Draxxon said:

yes, but im ready for a small break.

what kind of changes are you ready for now? I can teach you how to move anything from this project to the LFBs. It's easy.
I plan to get neogeo pocket and virtualboy in there. probably add ZX Spectrum as well.

Honestly It all sounds good! I saw someone mentioned something about the long forgotten Emerson Arcadia 2001 that's also something I'm interested in

NEXUS NEWS:

RocketFan and Wilfwilfus helping out behind the scenes.

The crummy ZX Spectrum theme was changed to something more slick looking.

Individual games can be ran at individual clock rates on a per game basis now.

MasterSystem got .sms support using the RPL. Now we can map buttons. Newly working games were added.

A new "PC Games" section was added. The game VVVVVV was successfully ported to the system. (No Libretro Core)

bkg_settings.png

VVVVVV.uex.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I finally found time to install the custom firmware and Nexus (0.7) on my Flashback X. My compliments @Draxxon !

I don't know much about the 2600, but I know a lot of Atari 8-bit home computer games ;-) So I saw that the Atari 8-bit game "Johnny the Ghost" (a.k.a. Johny the Ghost) has the wrong cover art. The cover in Nexus is of the older Turbo Basic version.

Here is the right cover in 183 x 255 I hope you can use it.

johnny_the_ghost.jpg.6ad1778da428f527ee8a72d350bda49b.jpg

The cover art you used for 3d Tic Tac Toe is of the Adventure International version, while the game is the Atari version. So here is the right artwork too ;-)

tictactoe.jpg.55dfd544df5cad01588ecbc4dd368521.jpg

I saw that you used a cover of German magazine "Pro-C Atari" for the game Blowsub. Personally I don't think that is the right choice, I will try to find a better picture for it (if you would like that). I will browse the Atari 8-bit games (including Basic games and XE system) folder to check all pictures ;-)

Well done! The flashback is now a great emulator box 🙂 

Edited by Fred_M
added 3D Tic Tac Toe cover
  • Like 1

Hey, thank you so much!!

I am no atari expert, I just get a pack of games and a pack of boxart and match them up. Im sure there are quite a few errors. The only way to get them right is for people to let me know whats wrong, so I can fix it. I really, really appreciate your feedback. I hope you enjoy your AFB a little bit more now!

I saw that you used the cover of German "Abbuc Magazine" for the game "Biscuits in Hell". This game is based on a ZX Spectrum homebrew game, so sadly a ZX Spectrum cover is missing too....

I know you don't like screenshots, but I found the ZX Spectrum loading screen:

loadingscreen.thumb.png.40f9a84f00ac5a44702a4c291f362d59.png

And using the picture I made this

biscuitsinhell.jpg.ea0609ee060d01f01d2f5bec538d2915.jpg

If you like it, you can use it ;-) 

I will browse all Atari folders and will give you feedback and pictures ;-) Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

biscuitsinhell.jpg.ea0609ee060d01f01d2f5bec538d2915.jpg

If you like it, you can use it ;-) 

I will browse all Atari folders and will give you feedback and pictures ;-) Keep up the good work!

That looks great! I think we will go with your image. the images need to be .png format for NEXUS. but, if you send .jpg files i will convert them. Just an FYI. :) 

PNG images is no problem. I will send them to you. More to come ;-)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

AFB NEXUS V.0.7.2 (Update Only)

Thank you to Fred M for all the help with correct ROMs/Box Art.
Also, thank you to ReaperMan, who originally noticed I had the wrong version on Mario. Now we have BOTH versions.

It really takes someone with expertise to figure all this 8-bit stuff out! :) 

NEXUSv7.2.rar

MarioBros.car.pngBattleZone.car.pngSpaceInvaders.car.pngQix.car.png

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I finally took a little tour through all the new themes (I think).  My problem - once I switch to a category I have to play a game or two!  LOL  So it's not a quick process.

A few things:

I was trying to decide if I like the Sega games broken up into diff systems, and I believe it's a good idea. For the Legends Flashback Ultimate there will be many more playable games in each category so it will be better to allow the two setups to share the themes/categories at least.

I really like the themes in general.  For example - I think the last Bezel for the Atari computers is great.  The Odyssey Two theme is so cool!  The themes for different consoles are like visiting different rooms or places.  However, the one theme music I don't care for happens to be in the 8-Bit 400/800 section!  Argh - my favorite section of games.  🙂  Also, I wish that theme could have sort of an "Atari Robot" feel or maybe steal something from "The Art of Atari" book?

Also, is it just me - or is the 7800 music painfully loud?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

AFB NEXUS V.0.7.3 (Update Only)
Atari XEGS Update.

rom_axegs.rar

????

bkg_launcher.png

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Draxxon said:

AFB NEXUS V.0.7.2 (Update Only)

Thank you to Fred M for all the help with correct ROMs/Box Art.
Also, thank you to ReaperMan, who originally noticed I had the wrong version on Mario. Now we have BOTH versions.

It really takes someone with expertise to figure all this 8-bit stuff out! :) 

NEXUSv7.2.rar 668.35 kB · 10 downloads

MarioBros.car.pngBattleZone.car.pngSpaceInvaders.car.pngQix.car.png

Thanks for this! That version of Space Invaders (original 400/800 cart version) was one of the 1st games I had for my 800, back in the day. Even with the glitchy sound, I'm impressed how well this setup emulates the Atari 8-bit computers...much easier than RetroBoot on my PSC.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, rocketfan said:

maybe steal something from "The Art of Atari" book?

or maybe steal the whole book...
art_of_atari.rar

And Thank You to Fred, here is your Atari 800 Update

AFB NEXUS V.0.7.4 (Update Only)

NEXUSv7.4.rar

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

Good morning, to play Fairchild Channel F's "Bowling" do I need any other accessory? I couldn't play. Once again congratulations on inserting this console into NEXUS.

Its just in there as a test right now. I was hoping that there was a way to button swap or use the player 2 stick to get it working.

• Thanks 1

I'm up to date with 7.5.  Pico runs but could not start a game. 

Also noticed many of the Atari Computer games were now missing the cover art.  Totally possibly it an error on my part.

Missing cover art for Robotron, Castle Crisis, Centipede, Megablast.

Atari400 section seems to be missing the Nexus shortcut to return to the main menu.

Again this may be related to an error I made copying or a thumb-drive issue.

Demon Attack seems to be a good candidate for the Atari 400 and I believe it's a single button game.  Maybe it wasn't included because it has compatibility issues with newer Atari computers so didn't work on the emulator.

In the Ports section VVVVVV runs great but plays in a small window.

So glad the ZX wallpaper was replaced.  MY EYES!!!!!!

Keep up the great work.  Or take a break.  You deserve it.

Posted (edited)

the atari games without art were all moved to the regular 800 section, (those were the ported games and megablast was a HB). Im guessing you have the old all-games.ini file? Or I made a mistake. Pico-8 is in test. It was supposed to be for LFB only, but I stole it. It probably needs button mapping, or there arent enough buttons to make it work on the AFB. VVVVVV is one I havent even tried yet. There are no core settings, or even core for the ports.

Yes, ZX wallpaper sucked bawls! You guys need to speak up when shit sucks! LOLOLOL. Anyways. its outta there now!

Thank you for the feedback, This is all a giant work in progress that gets better all the time.

Unlike some projects, who keep updates in constant limbo and testing for ever, I dont do that shit. You guys want the functionality now, right? we can work out the kinks together!!

have fun guys, im taking a break, Time for some games! I havent played any of these games in weeks!!!!

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

the atari games without art were all moved to the regular 800 section, (those were the ported games and megablast was a HB). Im guessing you have the old all-games.ini file? Or I made a mistake. 

No worries.  I can manually clean it up or wait for the next full update.  Go play them games, I hear Billy Mitchell is gunning for you.

Posted (edited)

billy mitchel couldnt beat me at a game of dive kick if his tie depended on it.
He better stick to those one player MAME games.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So, Im enjoying my "day off" lmmfao. Been playing LFB in the LivingRoom and AFBX in the Kitchen. I see I did screw up the A800 all-games.ini file. Full disclosure, I rushed these out, hahahahah. I'm sure you guys can tell. But, Its not so bad. I peeked earlier and saw the Nexus home icon was there in the code, but Wilfwilfus let me know the new games got added with the Alphabetical Sorting screwed up. The home button is on the next page. I see there is a few games with broken artwork not showing. I will get it when I "clock back in" lmmfao. I cant believe I had so few errors. But, they are minor typos, and we will fix it soon. LOL, you know, I just made the changes and uploaded, I didnt even test it. the flashdrive and sd card never left the laptop. lol sorry. haha. (For those that want to learn, I used the make.ini batch file in the /emulator folder to generate an all-games.ini. You put the file in the the folder with the roms only. run the batch file and then go into the new all-games file and remove the entry for "make.ini". It makes a game entry for itself as well, so remove it. This program was buried in the LFBs. So it will generate info for that list, meaning it will say its MAME and there is no Sort= entry. I forgot to add that to the new games, I bet. which caused the error. I also think this is what causes the error in the game not displaying the info in the details page next to the large box art correctly. Perhaps someone who knows how can tweak the make.ini to work better for the AFBX.)

I cant figure out channel f on the FBX, maybe ill try some other roms.

VVVVVV is pretty smooth playing. no emulation layer for arm linux ports is noticeable! can we fullscreen it?

Pico-8... i like it. I played frogger and picoman and some others on the LFB. I see that the B button starts the game. So to get the few we have working, I think we need to do some [KeyMapping] in the retroplayer and swap the "A and B" buttons. 

Uh, I was lazy on the A800 theme update, I only made this background as a mockup, I thought it looked okay. I also just switched ODY2 and A800's BGMusic. Again, Lazy, but... seeing it in game. I like it. the music is whatever, but, I like that red printed circuit board. its a way to go, deff better. 

Um... you guys got it made in the shade. Excuse my French, but, This thing kicks the fucking shit out of stock, or even "ALL" the Atari 2600 games or dare I say... the retroN77? If only we had OTHER CONTROLLER SUPPORT!!!!!!! LOL. Could you imagine Keyboard, Paddles and Other Pads?? WOW. Just wow.

Speaking of stock, I did test some stock stuff with overclock as well. Yars revenge has the missing sprite glitch. I never liked that game.

River Raid plays perfectly tho.... lol :) 

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Draxxon said:

VVVVVV is pretty smooth playing. no emulation layer for arm linux ports is noticeable! can we fullscreen it?

If you go in the graphics options there is a full-screen choice but it just screws things up.  It works in regular Ubuntu Linux where I first built it, but not on these devices.  Maybe I can look at the default resolution and see if I can increase it or something.  The only changes were to nudge a few things so it would compile, and then hack the keyboard inputs so it would work on the the AFBs and the LFBs.

1 hour ago, Draxxon said:

Pico-8... i like it.

Yeah, it has a sort of "modern retro" feel.  There is a lot of goofy stuff in there, but also some good games and fun "time wasters".  There is an almost limitless number of games to try freely available on the site, BTW.  A few of the puzzle games are really good.  I literally did everything for that on LFB know it had the buttons to make it work and never tried on the Nexus, but I'll take a look at buttons and see if anything can be done "globally" instead of mapping for every game.