IGNORED

Help me organize my desk

moonlight_mile

I love your desk!  Two ATR8000s (and all those drives!)  A friend of mine had one of those back in the day and we had much fun playing with it.  I had an 800XL running a BBS and a 130XE next to it for my own use, with a TON of hardware, all on a relatively small desk.  Very cool to see this photo.

As for your question, that's a tough one if you want to leave everything connected (which presumably you do).  Maybe a monitor-stand, one that lets you slide a keyboard under a monitor, could be used, with one of your 8-bit computers under it and the 1040ST sitting on top.  Or move those ATR8000s (say, under that laptop, on top of one another) and put the 1040ST on top of all those floppy drives.  :)

..Al

• Thanks 1

Well taking Alberts advice and modifying it a smidge here is what I came up with. 

I couldn’t put the st in the drives even if I want to as the monitor cable for the st isn’t long enough to reach where the 1224 is. 

Everything is hooked up more or less. The Percom drives do not like to play nice with other sio peripherals so they are segregated but I just have to switch sio plugs and they are up and running. 

All my drives are individually powered on my that power strip so I don’t have to move everything to turn on the drives. 

oh. Yeah the bottom atr isn’t connected but I do have power going to it. 

BC60973D-69D0-465C-A580-9AA57CEB4FE8.jpeg

image.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well I got a bug up my ass again and modified my desk again.  

I added a proper shelf. 

I am planning on installing drawers and doors to the cubbies to the right since I have all kinds of crap just piled up in those shelves. They are just ikea shelves. 

I thought I would have to raise the tv but I am running the bbs laptop in clamshell mode so it doesn’t need to stay open. I have the vga out on the laptop hooked up to the tv. 

Everything except the left side atr-8000 is hooked up and plugged in. But those percoms. Geez they prevent anything from working when they are on the sio bus. I have two of the lotharek sio splitters mounted under the desk. I wish I knew what signal the percoms sent out (even when they are off) that prevents other things from working. 

My 13o xe doesn’t have a place on the desk but I never used it anyway. If I need to use it I will just swap out the 8ooxl. FBD2BC4D-D3B0-4789-BAC8-928E1F9C1393.thumb.jpeg.283604914279e4603c99a8d50c1995ef.jpeg

12 hours ago, Tillek said:

Meh.  Far too orderly to be desk of the daily drivers.

Well here is the mess to the right side of the desk. No orderlyness here. Most of those cubbies I want to either put the drawers or doors on. 

Oh don’t worry my desk will be a mess before you know it. Lol?90B19BC2-FD96-4517-A3D9-AC5B16286163.thumb.jpeg.d9c344ca3478ae4f6a6d3459e06328eb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 7:42 AM, moonlight_mile said:

Hate to break this bad news to you all but I sent my sleeve city box for recycling. I know how you guys loved that box. 

You should have offered it to Tillek! I think he would have given you cash for it! ;-)

-JP

You should have offered it to Tillek! I think he would have given you cash for it! ;-)

-JP

Next time I need to order jewel cases I will
Be sure to have it sent to his house and he can repackage them in a regular box and send it on to me and he can keep the box. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

• 2 months later...