IGNORED

DK JR 2018

It's probably due to multiplexing sprites not showing up on your TV.  I know DK2 had an option to set the multiplex to 20 hz instead of 30 hz due to some TV and capture device dropping frames, I think if I remember pressing 2020 on title screen will set the multiplexing at 20hz in that game.  Probably doesn't have that feature in DKjr, but look at the manual to check.  Maybe trying another TV would be a better option. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Cellblock1138 said:

Wondering if anyone with a copy of this has tried it in on Inty 2 and if so, has had any issues with random deaths? My copy seems unplayable due to this and I don’t have another machine to test on.

I will go play it right now and see what happens!

Did you play it on any particular settings?

I played 5 games and everything seems perfectly fine with my cartridge on my Intellivision 2.

I am not great at the game,but I did get to the second level twice with nothing out of the ordinary,just me making some mistakes.

No visual glitches or anything.

I hope that helps!

Edited by wolfy62
Added content.
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kiwi said:

It's probably due to multiplexing sprites not showing up on your TV.  I know DK2 had an option to set the multiplex to 20 hz instead of 30 hz due to some TV and capture device dropping frames, I think if I remember pressing 2020 on title screen will set the multiplexing at 20hz in that game.  Probably doesn't have that feature in DKjr, but look at the manual to check.  Maybe trying another TV would be a better option. 

Thanks. You were right, it was the TV. I would have never guessed. Tried on my living room TV and had no issues. It’s surprising as they’re almost identical models. 

5 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I will go play it right now and see what happens!

Did you play it on any particular settings?

I played 5 games and everything seems perfectly fine with my cartridge on my Intellivision 2.

I am not great at the game,but I did get to the second level twice with nothing out of the ordinary,just me making some mistakes.

No visual glitches or anything.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for checking. It was my TV. Guess it’s time for an upgrade!