IGNORED

VIDEOPAC C7420 BASIC MODULE

wilco2009

With the original author (Gert van der Knokke) permission I have recreated the C7420 BASIC Module :)

YSVrWKPZ1mwClN8UKSCOiNUzI3ibzYpvSEJHGV35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5BvdcZ9Cn8

I have used a cheaper microcontroller than the original one selecting a STM32F4VG.

And the result is really great. :)

I like it a lot!

Now I have to finish some details with the SD to save/load BASIC programs, and design a final PCB to fit in a 3D printed case. 

I have permission from Gert to assembly a batch and publish the source code, due to it when I'll have everything finished I will start a list.

NOTE: I still have intention to make a exact clone, but this is for a near future. ;)

Edited by wilco2009
  • Like 4

So did the original C7420 use a Z80 version of BBC BASIC or was that Gert's choice of dialect when he implemented it 10 years ago?

Edit: Ok, it was his choice of dialect as the original one has (c) Microsoft and for certain Acorn and Microsoft never were the same.

Edited by carlsson

10 hours ago, carlsson said:

So did the original C7420 use a Z80 version of BBC BASIC or was that Gert's choice of dialect when he implemented it 10 years ago?

Edit: Ok, it was his choice of dialect as the original one has (c) Microsoft and for certain Acorn and Microsoft never were the same.

Here there are a picture of my original cart C7420.

MUNKIsRXh2O2jjZHrwl2OJMqfZNZDKlqPSzid0qj

The look and feel is exactly the same as far I have seen, and the ROM content is also the same, except for a patch of two bytes made by Gert to implement the simulation of the tape with the SD reader.

• Like 1

That's both cool and confusing at the same time since from what I can tell those should be two different BASIC versions. Sure you could set up the screen to look the same, but for instance BBC BASIC has those VDU commands and IIRC several commands for structures like better loops, procedures etc that a regular Microsoft dialect doesn't have.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...