IGNORED

Lotharek not accepting orders?

moonlight_mile

Assuming that I'm reading his post correctly:

If this means creating local manufacturing and retailing for his products in other countries, that's potentially a good thing since it should, in theory, reduce costs to the customer.  My only concern is maintaining quality control.  This is a situation where it can either work out beautifully for everyone involved, or become a nightmare for him as the designer when <insert local manufacturer here> cranks out crappy products.

My guess is that he's doing this because he doesn't want to deal with the EU-wide requirement to collect VAT on purchases from both non-EU countries as well as intra-EU transactions that comes into effect on July 1st.  There's a decent summary of the situation here; it's going to be a complete mess for some time while it's sorted out.

Frankly, if that is the case, I don't blame him one bit.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Thanks 1

I read this as his desire to stop selling direct in Poland as I have seen comments to his concern about Poland customers returns being very high. I didn't take this as discontinuing direct sales to North America.. The distribution model in any event would be good for such a business as it becomes predicable of how much product to manufacture and the distributors responsible to handle all the sales. Focus on products VS shipping

• Like 1

The VAT shenanigans are one possible reason, but, yes, he was also fed up with having to deal with people in general. There was a bit of a drama on Polish forums recently regarding an Atari mod he has done, and he vented a bit, also stating that he'll soon stop dealing with Polish punters. Perhaps it got extended to everybody, or at least EU.

• Like 2