IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Week 14 and 15 ~ A Trip to the Mountains!

Vocelli

What I like about BMX is that no matter how many trees your little dude hits or how much he just eats it, he celebrates like crazy at the end. You deserve it little dude. Plus, that music is awesome.

California Games - 18,970

CF63DA7B-B316-43E0-B401-53ECFFB63B3C.thumb.jpeg.0f13cbc8dd8ea1865d87d0483a8f66de.jpeg

Did a bit better after reading the manual. Can’t say the same for Spike’s Peak, which was really frustrating. It plays like it’s broken. I’ll snap a pick if and when I get better, or at least clear the first screen ? For now...

Spike’s Peak - 3,000

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, toiletunes said:

Here is the first nominee for the 2021 "Worse than E.T." award:

20210513_100655.thumb.jpg.8db2d70bc26d4ee8a6c8b0be7e2fd70f.jpg

Whenever someone talks trash about E.T., I'll invite them to play this instead.

I find this game strangely addictive, but I wish the 3rd and 4th screens weren't so dependent on getting lucky with the RNG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, G-type said:

watch the color of the eyes in the caves... they turn brown before an Eagle appears, just have to make sure you get to a shelter right away...

I was counting that as the first screen, it's the screen with the boulders and rockslides that gets me.

20210513_205056.thumb.jpg.a621718c6c18327a4aa597cdda8e1ae5.jpg

I never noticed the bear's eye color, that's a neat trick.

• Like 2

This probably isn't going to be a very good round for me.  I own Spike's Peak and don't think I've every gone beyond the second screen.  I gave it a quick play and couldn't figure out the controls as the Joystick didn't seem to do anything.  Will try again later on a different set up.

Mountain King 3,385

California Games BMX = 14,470

Mountain King (1983) (CBS Electronics) [a].png

California Games (1987) (Epyx).png

• Like 2

Tips for Spike's Peak:

-Be prepared to play a long time. Part of the game is waiting until it's safe to move.

-Turn the volume low so it's less annoying, but not off, so you don't miss audio clues.

-When you die, take a moment to pause and refocus. Count to ten or whatnot. It's too easy to lose focus and die a bunch real fast. But DON'T PAUSE FOR TOO LONG because the game will reset.

-For the bears and eagle stage, the bears seem to follow a pattern. Once you figure it out, they're easy to avoid. For the eagle, wait for the bear's eyes to change color before you jump out. I prefer valleys to caves.

-For the rock wall stage, climb up until you're touching the ledge so you can move faster, then go right for the bonus points. Then go back left. This is the hard part, waiting for the right conditions to move up near the left side of the screen. Take your time, you won't freeze here. The ladder on the left helps a little. If you're moving, pressing fire gives some protection. 

-For the Ice stage, stay on the path! I'll cut the corners when I'm close enough. When I die, it's usually because I threw my stick to the right, then a landslide knocks me down into another snowman. If you throw left, you can catch it on the way down. Then you can either stop sliding, or throw it at the snowman. The big thing is grabbing the upper right diamond and keep going up at that point. The diamond replenishes your heat meter, and you'll need it for the flag stage.

-Rinse and repeat. It takes a lot of concentration, since you move so slow compared to the enemy obstacles and there's so many things to watch for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1