IGNORED

TI99/4A applications on-line?

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

BTW, my laptop has an Intel Celeron Processor N2830 at 2.41 GHz.

Entry-level netbook.  Dual-core, scaled-down CPU, 32-bit only.  Not knocking it for general purposes, but you will be hard-pressed to run anything heavy on that, especially JavaScript running a full machine emulation.  I ran into this a lot when customers would go buy a cheap netbook for a couple of clams and then get pissy with me when it would not run QuickBooks.

Anything CPU-native will be your best experience, like MAME or Classic99 as you have already discovered.  I run Classic99 on a WinBook TW802 tablet which runs a quad-core Intel Atom Z3735F with 2GB RAM.  The CPU is 64-bit capable but the BIOS is locked at 32-bit (to my chagrin.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Windows and Windows applications report a 64-bit microprocessor.  

Indeed.  The later entries in the N-series appear to be 64-bit, benefiting from the Z-series GPU. Looks to be about seven years-old which would put it around the same vintage as my TW802.  It has about a half the cache of a Core processor of the era and without hyper-threading.  Your best option is still a native client.

• Like 1

For the record, js99er works great on an iPad Pro.  I was surprised it worked at all when I tried it out.  Oddly I was able to save a file to tape but not mount the .wav file again after I saved it, but I'm sure it's the iPad's fault.  Still, I was very pleasantly surprised it worked at all since no other emulators seem to work on iPads.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Casey said:

For the record, js99er works great on an iPad Pro.

I kind-of laughed when I bench-marked my tablet against a customer's iPad Pro from just a few years ago.  It whipped the hell out of my tablet.  ARMs just keep getting better and better.

1 hour ago, RickyDean said:

I have used js99er on my android phone and tablet too

I have a K88 I need to try that out on.  What browser are you using on your 'droid?

Can't remember right now, been a year or so, but I generally use Firefox and Chrome on both my Android devices. But this was when I was in an place with good wifi. My phone service out here in the boonies is lackluster and I don't have wifi, so it's been a bit, and when I travel now, my tablet is generally used for Bible reading and documents. I use my Macbook Air for browsing and such today

Edited by RickyDean
add content