IGNORED

Super Skweek Password Crack

Zendocon

Back in the day, I had partially cracked the password to Super Skweek and posted it on a website I maintained while in college.  Somebody had made a Java application out of it and sent a copy to me, but that was about 4 computers ago, and I couldn't find it on any of my old floppies.

Thankfully, I tried cracking it again based on what I remembered.  After about 3 attempts (during a livestream no less), I had a "Rosetta Stone" moment and figured out all but one (binary) bit.

I compiled everything I knew into an In-Depth Guide on GameFAQs.  I hope this is of some use to somebody.

• Like 1

Yeah, I looked at Skweek (or "Slider") on the Game Gear one time, and that one was pretty straightforward.  It was like the password used in the Sega CD port of The Secret Of Monkey Island.

Boxxle for Game Boy was straightforward as well.  The only thing you had to know was that the last three characters in the alphabet were red herrings (I correctly guessed that from the start, since there were 35 characters, 3 more than the closest power of 2).