IGNORED

Value of a CIB Thunderfox

cncfreak

I've got a little game store down here in Florida and someone is wanting to trade a CIB copy of Thunderfox in.  With hardly no sell history on Ebay was just wondering what it's value would be.  I see recently a loose one sold for $70.00.

Thanks 

One Atari dealer still has some in stock, NOS for $99. Apparently limited as it's limit 1 per customer. More than likely that's cheaper than what complete or NOS on ebay have been selling for. But ebay has become the last place I look as this seems to be the trend.

Edited by Gunstar

Personally I think that the Atari UK tape of Thunderfox is harder to find than the XE cartridge. But since only a few Atarians (still) load games from tape, the price for the cart. version is much higher. Too high in my eyes, got the Thunderfox cart. in the 90s and paid no more than 20$ or 30DM back then. Paid the same price for Summer Games, Karateka, Crystal Castles, Mario Bros, Choplifter, etc. (but I was so stupid to give the XE cart. version of Choplifter away and nowadays it is not easy to find it complete for less than 100$, ouch).

But maybe in 10 / 20 / 30 years some (or many?) of the A8 programs will be available again much cheaper, when "our" generation has passed away (or is 70+ years old) and the next generation is not that interested in Atari...?

• Thanks 1

The prices on Ebay are ridiculous. Plus you have a game store and you will need to find a customer who wants to spend that kind of money on a sealed copy of Thunderfox....

I would say a value of 30 to 40 dollars is fair. 

And what @CharlieChaplin says is more than true. Over here in Europe we had a big stock of sealed Thunderfox cartridges, in the nineties we sold them (sealed) for around 10 dollars each. 

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 2

I'm sure my old mate Noel (stateside these days) would laugh at how much his game is going for, I'll probably link him to it for a laugh. Must ask how much he got for doing it..And not a bad Uridium clone..

100US...eek...Rip off...