IGNORED

.ark files for TI 99/4A?

Today, I downloaded some .ark files for TI 99/4A emulation.  How do I unpack them?  Also, how do I start disks with no instructions on which program to run?
On the ti or PC?

The archiver program is on whtech it runs from editor assembler option 5 and likely has a load program for extended basic

You don't start disks on the TI you start program files

You need to have an idea if it is assembly or basic if you don't have an idea then it's trial and error

If you do a catalog of the disk there are different file types programs are usually PROGRAM type but there are a couple exceptions.

The classic99 manual has a great write up on this.

On the pc side use tidir..

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Harry Potter, it may benefit you to read the pinned faq for new comers. A lot of questions that are asked a mutitude of times are answered in there. There several different ways to open ark files on the ti as well as on a pc or mac, as the one just posted for the pc will do. If you get stuck just holler here in the forums and someone can probably help unstuck you, but the faqs will take you far.

Edited by RickyDean
spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

I thank both of you for your input.  BTW, it is on a Win10/64 PC.

Yeah, definitely read the faq. Install classic 99, install TDIR  and those can all run in  windows /7/10 and maybe XP . not sure.

Read up on the FAQ. Me personally, haven't touched a. .ark file ever. No need to for me, as whatever is Archived is probably existing somewhere un- archived..

Do you have something in an ark file?

I think if you upload it, someone can probably unarchive it.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

Most anti-virus programs will allow you to bypass the quarantine of files with a "reputation" issue (i.e., are not common downloads). You can usually choose to run them anyway. Windows Defender allows you to select "more information" and then "run anyway". You can also download, bypass and run in Norton.

• Like 1