IGNORED

Wanted: raglinker asm. docs

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

I found the .txt files, but they're not in a usable format.  How do I convert or view them?

You should be able to read them with any text editor or word processor. The reason you may be having difficulty reading the TXT documents is that they are peppered with formatting codes for printing by TI Writer. All of those codes are normal text except the weird line at the end of each file. That weird line has information for TI Writer. I believe there is a utility that can convert these files to PDF documents, but I forget what it is. Someone will be along shortly to clarify. ?

...lee

• Like 2

It would be nice to have all the documentation converted to a modern text file format, honestly. I've dug through those files many times and I keep losing track of things.

In one spot, he talks about module programming and how to approach using the SAMS in that manner, as well as detailing the loader he created, which used an expanded header so that memory images could be loaded into pages.

• Like 1

I have TI Writer, but, when I copied the files to the TI Writer disk with TI99Dir, I get an error message stating that it can't copy files to an ARC file or disk images.  [emoji20] 
Can you post a screenshot of what you're talking about this kind of conversation is more apt for the discord than the forums and you're going to need to give us some more information

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I have TI Writer, but, when I copied the files to the TI Writer disk with TI99Dir, I get an error message stating that it can't copy files to an ARC file or disk image.  :( 

You need to first un-ARC the ARC file (highlight it—do not open it) in one pane to an opened subdirectory in the other pane with Tools->“Extract all files from ARC-file or DSK-image”. Then you can copy one or more of those un-ARCed files to an opened (non-PC99) DSK image.

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart
CLARIFICATION
  • Like 1

Here are the images....

1576549616_2021-05-0813_26_19-Ti99Dir8.2c20210408.thumb.png.e0cad049068e7cef3532f400555b4bff.png

1928358430_2021-05-0813_26_39-ERROR.png.2d933898d2b42e217df8f5fdc5de42d8.png

Ok so that disk is pc99 format

If you want to read and write it convert it to v9t9 format it is in the menus of tidir

Or better yet copy the files from the disk image to that folder you have on the left

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

The original files were in TI-Writer format, as mentioned in an earlier post here, and hard to read in Notepad.

I am confused. Which do you want to do—use TI Writer to process them or use Notepad to try to read them? You indicated that you tried copying the TXT files (already readable by Notepad) to a DSK image (not for reading by Notepad), which seemed to me to be preparation for using TI Writer to process them.

...lee

21 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I want to use TI Writer the files because they are unreadable in Notepad with all the extra characters.

It seems we are talking around each other. ? I can dump all of the linker files into a V9T9 DSK image and post it here if you like.

...lee

• Like 1

I already did.  The problem at the time was the documentation.  I successfully added the files to a disk image, thanks to a suggestion about TI99Dir.  All I needed to do was convert the disk image to V9T9 format and then copy the files.  BTW, I already converted the .ark files to disk images.  

• Like 3