Sign in to follow this  
alfredtdk

What game led you buy SNES at the time?

My SNES was a Christmas gift from my parents to eight year old me in 1992 with Street Fighter II and WWF Super Wrestlemania. Super Mario World quickly became my favourite months later.

• Like 3

I worked in a hotel at the time and a workmate was trying to sell his SNES together with a bunch of games for £30. Nobody wanted it so I bit his hand off.

Still have the thing and back to playing it again after having it recapped. It's battered and bruised from all the post pub staff room seasons we all used to enjoy. All adds character though, it looks the way it should after the rough treatment it had. So many happy memories, post pub/club back then was staff room SNES time!

Stupidly I sold the more valuable games for it a few years back but I'm gradually trying to pick some of those back up if I see half decent prices. Some are just crazy asking prices now though.

• Like 3

The game that made me most excited about buying a SNES was Final Fight. I was upset about Guy (my favorite character) being cut from the game, but I quickly got over it when I finally had the console and game in-hand. I played Final Fight until my fingers bled! Lol! 

Edit: I also forgot to mention Magic Sword, Super Castlevania, and Street Fighter II. Ah yes, those were the days! 

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 3

I didn’t buy a SNES as much as I received it for Christmas. There were Super Mario World commercials on TV that made me froth at the mouth.

My parents had gotten us a NES for Christmas in 1987 so I guess they figured it was just a logical thing to follow that up with the newer console when it came out. And Super Mario World remains a favorite of mine to this day.

On 11/11/2021 at 11:04 PM, Cebus Capucinis said:

Hilariously enough, Sim City.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:58 PM, Tanooki said:

@Cebus Capucinis still one of the best damn versions of the original classic Sim City though, despite being stuck using a controller too which says a lot.

Sim City on the SNES is an absolute classic and whoever forgot to include it on the SNES Classic Mini should be sent right to jail.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

Sim City on the SNES is an absolute classic and whoever forgot to include it on the SNES Classic Mini should be sent right to jail.

I'd argue that would be EA being a-holes since they own Maxis.  And yeah, them if a company could go to jail, they'd need death row considering their decades of abuses. :)

Best SimCity SNES guide site ever: https://peterthedj.com/simcity-snes/   Enjoy