Jump to content
Rickster8

Intellivision HSC Season 14 - Game 15 - Frogger

Recommended Posts

Going to need multiple pictures for this one....

 

I saw someone roll, and you know this season when I see top play it raises my play... So.... here's a roll at 100,000 (100,150 to precise, right after scoring the 2nd frog into home. Note the "Extra Frog", it's the last your going to see ALL GAME lolRolled100k.thumb.png.bb72f6f23cfe4a8cacd762786599357c.png

 

Then, we go on and on and on, and this happens... Rolled200k.thumb.png.30516cfcaabc2b2ef14c4676a161f0f7.png

That's right, a SECOND roll of the scoreboard. I lost that frog due to trying to take a pic of the roll and hence the time ran out on it. Poor little froggie...

 

And then, the end on the final life nets... RolledFinal.thumb.png.f8cabfb9ed738df268d073bc05f5f031.png

 

Final Score: 211,870

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cparsley said:

Going to need multiple pictures for this one....

 

I saw someone roll, and you know this season when I see top play it raises my play... So.... here's a roll at 100,000 (100,150 to precise, right after scoring the 2nd frog into home. Note the "Extra Frog", it's the last your going to see ALL GAME lolRolled100k.thumb.png.bb72f6f23cfe4a8cacd762786599357c.png

 

Then, we go on and on and on, and this happens... Rolled200k.thumb.png.30516cfcaabc2b2ef14c4676a161f0f7.png

That's right, a SECOND roll of the scoreboard. I lost that frog due to trying to take a pic of the roll and hence the time ran out on it. Poor little froggie...

 

And then, the end on the final life nets... RolledFinal.thumb.png.f8cabfb9ed738df268d073bc05f5f031.png

 

Final Score: 211,870

Nice! You’re lucky to have avoided the green screen glitch. Maybe it’s not as prominent in emulation???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re not comparable. 
 

On the console, the more frogs you have the higher the chance that the game goes to green screen (similar to the 6-man Demon Attack glitch). 
 

if you have more then 3 frogs at 90,000 the green screen will come automatically. Inty Matt, you had a game with 4 frogs at 100K and you said it was a pity that the green screen ended your game. But that was automatic. You had too many frogs. 
 

I had many games with 6 reserve frogs at 100,000 and the game ends with the green screen almost immediately. 

 

It’s more likely for the game to keep going at 100,000 if you have 0 or 1 reserve frogs. And even if the green screen doesn’t come, no one is scoring another 111 K with 1 or 2 frogs, no more bonus frogs, the dead disc taps, the anxiety of the green screen looming, and the difficulty as it is at that stage of the game. 

 

the console also has dead disc taps and lagging. It happens more frequently the further into the game. As often as 1 in 5 taps on the disc are dead taps. In a lucky game, only 1 in 10 taps are dead taps. 
 

I suggest to Rickster to have 2 leaderboards for Frogger. One for console and one for computer emulation. 
 

On the console you can’t have 8 frogs at 100,000 without the green screen coming immediately. LOL. :) :) Impossible. 

 

Inty Matt can confirm all of this since he is a professional Frogger on the console. 

Edited by INTELLIVISION SPARTAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Inty Matt, you had a game with 4 frogs at 100K and you said it was a pity that the green screen ended your game. But that was automatic. You had too many frogs. 

I’ve seen the green screen glitch happen at any time, no matter how many lives are left and no matter how far into the game I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I’ve seen the green screen glitch happen at any time, no matter how many lives are left and no matter how far into the game I am.

For sure, the green screen will end your game no matter how many frogs you have left. 
 

but if you have 5 or more reserve frogs at 100,000, your game will glitch out before 110,000. 

 

if you have 3 or 4 reserve frogs, it will glitch out before 130,000. 
 

if you have 1 or 2 reserve frogs ... more chance the game will let you play it out... it can still green-screen on you but if it doesn’t your game anyway will end before 130,000 because there’s no more bonus men and the game gets very laggy and dead disc taps - Especially on every screen #4.
 

having a nice clean game up to 200,000 is impossible on the console. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

having a nice clean game up to 200,000 is impossible on the console. 

Now this I agree with. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

For sure, the green screen will end your game no matter how many frogs you have left. 
 

but if you have 5 or more reserve frogs at 100,000, your game will glitch out before 110,000. 

 

if you have 3 or 4 reserve frogs, it will glitch out before 130,000. 
 

if you have 1 or 2 reserve frogs ... more chance the game will let you play it out... it can still green-screen on you but if it doesn’t your game anyway will end before 130,000 because there’s no more bonus men and the game gets very laggy and dead disc taps - Especially on every screen #4.
 

having a nice clean game up to 200,000 is impossible on the console. 

I glitched today at 14k... So the green screen glitch happens even early in the game for us novices...... Being completely honest, I hate this fkin game.... 🤬

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick Frogger Update: (Updated to post #115)

 

 

211,870 - CParsley [+3 SET NEW RECORD]

123,630 - IntyFanMatt

118,690 - Spartan

  33,820 - ClassicGMR

  26,100 - Fakecortex

  23,520 - Wolfy62

  18,740 - Lupovax

  18,340 - Ace24

  16,480 - Rickster8

  15,000 - Biffman

  14,020 - Gernot

  12,360 - PlayerOne

  10,710 - Popsicle

  10,010 - Mangia-Boy

    7,970 - Gar0u

    5,790 - JBlenkle

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINAL Frogger Update: CPARSLEY ROLLS OVER TWICE FOR THE FROGGIE WIN!!!!!!!🐸

 

Arcade Frogger GIF by NakNick Game Studio

 

211,870 - CParsley [+13][+3 SET NEW RECORD][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE]

123,630 - IntyFanMatt [+12]

118,690 - Spartan [+11]

--------------------------

  33,820 - ClassicGMR [+9]

  26,100 - Fakecortex [+8]

  23,520 - Wolfy62 [+7]

  18,740 - Lupovax [+6]

  18,340 - Ace24 [+5]

  16,480 - Rickster8 [+4]

  15,000 - Biffman [+3]

  14,470 - PlayerOne [+2]

  14,020 - Gernot [+1]

  10,710 - Popsicle [+1]

  10,010 - Mangia-Boy [+1]

    7,970 - Gar0u [+1]

    5,790 - JBlenkle [+1]

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games Won Update:

 

11 CParsley - Beamrider / Lock N Chase / Thunder Castle / Thin Ice / Centipede / Dragonfire / White Water / PBA Bowling / Lady Bug / Defender / Frogger

 5 Spartan - He-Man / Carnival / Atlantis / PBA Bowling x2 / Dig Dug

 4 Rickster8 - Demon Attack / Zaxxon / Microsurgeon x2 / PBA Bowling

 1 BiffMan - Chess

 1 Gbag - Popeye

 1 Patbb - Q*bert

 1 mr_me - PBA Bowling

 1 wolfy62 - PBA Bowling

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 9:57 PM, Rickster8 said:

Hi Gernot.

 

Hacking here is considered cheating which is strictly prohibited. We are here to have competitive fun playing the Intellivision. Done using the Original Console or in Emulation. We do not look for ways to hack the games or system so we can get better scores. That's not considered fair competition as far as this site / forum is concerned. It's fun to experiment with this type of thing, but within the HSC it's not encouraged for competition. Scores submitted that are hacked will be disqualified.

 

You might have more luck in the Intellivision Programming forum. 👍

Pardon me, i do not like to spoil the fun.

I will open an own topic here for altered config files.

Further i really don't think that one will compete in any game using a hack like i said there would be several methods apart from hacking the image when you play emulated and it would have been always open to anyone to do so.

The most obvious method is using MAME and the built in cheat function or if using a diff. emulator to use a "game genie", the method is the same search for altering values and store the address of the data in the running process. It gives you far more control over every variable you like to alter as a hack (i.e. freeze a time counter), it isn't hard to learn and for every of those tools quite similar.

I hope you trust me that i won't use such in a competition - i could have always, anyone could have done it always (no assumptions been made).

 

If you remember i already find it unfair that my PAL Inty is only 83% of speed to a NTSC Inty, on certain games i.e. "Astrosmash" it has a high influence on your score (it's like you would start pressing [1] instead the disc to start). Otherwise, but this isn't the topic to ask for, i would like to speed some up.

The 83% speed issue i can't mark with a different border color :)

 

That's also why i tried to play this game on the console and emulated, the results do not differ much for this game since the tightness is a bigger problem as the speed of the game.

9c405e15-3747-4f43-82dd-cc10b57e68fa.jpe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I didn't get a chance to play Frogger 😢

Sure you did... I have the screen shot right here...

 

411Iw35L92L._AC_SX679_.jpg

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ClassicGMR said:

Sure you did... I have the screen shot right here...

 

411Iw35L92L._AC_SX679_.jpg

This won the site today!!  LOL.  I've been seeing this glitch in my nightmares!!

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not played it often but make a guess....


...i'm already familiar with this kind of acid green shock.

Oh btw, cheating or not for such cases MAME can be very handy, just save your play often and you are safe of such unexpected errors, the savegame function makes even "Tower of Mystery" playable, not only because you can save your progress, it seems certain things get lost while saving/loading, for "Tower" these are the things which produce sudden deaths.

"Some bit which lurks around unattended in ram, must have been forgot by TRON to flag to zero".

 

 

Argh... don't judge our forefathers this hard they made the path through knee deep snow, we still profit of their experiences which was error, error, error.

You must see this with the eyes of a boy in 1980 then all is no problem and it is only fascinating even if we look at it today and ask our self "what the heck had they in mind?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...