IGNORED

Chipper music for the Lynx

Songbird

2 hours ago, Songbird said:

Didn't see a great place to put this, so here is the latest Chipper song I'm working on for an upcoming game. Experimenting with note timings to give it a bit more of a "live" feel to the song. Enjoy!

TiedInKnots_v07.mp3 1.5 MB · 4 downloads

The timings are nice. The instruments, well, perhaps time to consult @miker

• Like 1

Nice one. I woundn't make much revolution here as I use completely different tuning.

But what I would change it's the drums.

Here are two pieces I've made some day for Odynexus with reference notes included in names (you can adjust volume for your needs):

ody_drums.zip

I'm going to make some (bigger or smaller) article about Chipper but I need a bit more free time than I have now (and be a bit less exhausted after work as well ?). But It will see the light of the day, someday. ?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Songbird said:

Didn't see a great place to put this, so here is the latest Chipper song I'm working on for an upcoming game. Experimenting with note timings to give it a bit more of a "live" feel to the song. Enjoy!

TiedInKnots_v07.mp3 1.5 MB · 9 downloads

Sounds great to me.  It would be among the more complicated (in a good way) tunes I've heard on the Lynx.  We all know you're a talented programmer and game designer.  But I didn't know you were musically inclined!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, PFG 9000 said:

Sounds great to me.  It would be among the more complicated (in a good way) tunes I've heard on the Lynx.  We all know you're a talented programmer and game designer.  But I didn't know you were musically inclined!

The size of a Lynx production team is a bit limited compared to mainstream titles. It appears that most developers do everything by themselves or download free assets...

1 hour ago, karri said:

The size of a Lynx production team is a bit limited compared to mainstream titles. It appears that most developers do everything by themselves or download free assets...

Understandable.  It's just that I would imagine it's one thing to have the knowledge/skills to program music electronically, and another thing to have the knowledge/skills to compose catchy tunes.  :)

4 hours ago, miker said:

I'm going to make some (bigger or smaller) article about Chipper but I need a bit more free time than I have now (and be a bit less exhausted after work as well ?). But It will see the light of the day, someday. ?

Well, because I really don't know when it will happen... Here's little demo (with rather known music) of using instruments tuned "my" way.

No drums here, so you can observe if everything plays OK.

The conversion is rough and rather crude in some moments, alright, but it doesn't really matter.

Enjoy!

flimbo_lv1-2a.zip

Sorry, not UV or DL... definitely for a more whimsical game. :)

As for other Lynx games where I've done some or all the music, here's the list:

Pretty sure my skills have improved over the years since SFX and Ponx! :) Although I'm very happy with some of my other early music like Champ Rally and Remnant.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...