IGNORED

Error in manual

I don't know if this is prototype documentation, but this one looks great

It is written cassette and the reference is for a floppy disk

This software can be used with basic simple, while in the doc he talks about extended basic.

All wrong TI

JL

20210509_220638.jpg

• Confused 1

I don't know if this is prototype documentation, but this one looks great

It is written cassette and the reference is for a floppy disk

This software can be used with basic simple, while in the doc he talks about extended basic.

All wrong TI

JL
20210509_220638.thumb.jpg.e4939b4b451da4a59df3d87cd2246fca.jpg
Wasn't it released in both disk and tape?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

I have seen a copy of this manual recently and it looked to me like a fairly modern print of a scan, with some small but obvious amendments to the cover. 

It appeared to me to be an ebay seller selling copy cassettes as originals.... original manuals earn higher prices. As the amended manuals are now all over the planet it would be hard to say who the first photoshopper was!

One giveaway was the cover paper which was simply wrong, with a slight finish to it that TI never had available. - plus various tape/disk wording errors.

In general TI cassette software which was also sold on disk used the same manual internal pages but with differently worded covers.

We need to be alert that there are some good reprint manuals out there- to authenticate check the cover paper against a known original and look for variations in font or alignment where changes may have been made.

The reference at the bottom of the front cover to Extended Basic shows that this wording was scanned from a different manual.... perhaps based upon a disk manual with cassette wording copied from a different cassette manual...

s

Edited by blackbox
XB error by copier
  • Like 1

A few giveaways here are

• It says “Cassette Software” but the cover is not red (or very light brown).
  • The catalog number is “PHD6017” rather than “PHT6017” (see correct cover for the cassette distribution at pixelpedant.com).
  • It says TI Extended Basic required when, as @humeur pointed out, the programs run on TI Basic.

...lee

• Like 3

4 hours ago, humeur said:

It's a real manual why are you talking about a pirate?

You think a person is going to hack a k7 games manual for the TI99 to make money.
He's gonna have to sell a lot to be rich.

JL

I am pretty certain he was commenting on @blackbox's comment about reprinted manuals and software copies being sold.  Yes, people will do a lot of things for a few bucks.  While they will not get rich on the TI, they are probably doing the same across multiple platforms.  This type of crime is not about getting rich.

15 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I am pretty certain he was commenting on @blackbox's comment about reprinted manuals and software copies being sold.  Yes, people will do a lot of things for a few bucks.  While they will not get rich on the TI, they are probably doing the same across multiple platforms.  This type of crime is not about getting rich.

It is the same today with the modules, and the labels which can be realized, soon no more difference between the false and the real one.