I got it on PS4 instead of PS5 as I don't have a PS5 yet but I bet this game isn't much different between the two versions. So far I'm liking it but I agree the platforming can be tricky. So was Oddworld New N Tasty though, because they changed the button layout from the original games and made you have to run longer distances with Elum without falling into a pit. After playing New N Tasty and becoming good enough to 100% it, Soulstorm also makes you have to re-train your button mapping muscle memory again as they changed the button layout again.

It's easy to forgive its flaws though because of the fact they give you unlimited lives. Unfortunately, this game does not have Quicksave like Abe's Exoddus or New N Tasty. It's more like Abe's Oddysee where you have to reach a checkpoint.

I got the game thinking it was supposed to be to Abe's Exoddus as New N Tasty was to Abe's Oddysee but this is far from the case. While the story takes place in the same general part of Oddworld, it is like a completely alternate timeline and various areas from Exoddus don't exist in this game while new areas are added. I'm also pretty sure they probably didn't re-use any Exoddus level layouts. You have to go into this game thinking of it as more of a what-if story about what if Molluck survived the attack when the Rupture Farms Mudokons saved Abe. In the original Exoddus timeline Molluck had been destroyed at that moment, not just KO'd.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 1